April 28th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Our cat Teddy went missing on April 15th. He is an orange domestic long hair and was last seen on Algonquin Road in Sudbury. He is 5 years old, neutered, but has all his claws.
Several pictures and more information can be found on the following missing ad:
April 29th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Good luck in finding your kitty. He is very handsome. If you check a couple of the other missing kitty threads you will find some excellent tips on search methods.
April 29th, 2010, 02:41 PM
There are a few threads on the board with tips on what to do when your cat is lost, but I will try to mention what I can remember.
Try putting out Teddy's used kitty litter around the house, so he can smell his scent, especially seeing as it sounds like u recently moved.
Also put out a can of tuna or sardines something that smells.
Go out and search for him in the very early morning and dust calling his name. Put up posters with his picture around your area and I would also suggest your old neighbourhood too. Ask to put up pictrues in the vets offices and in the malls.
Go personally and check the pounds as they might not know he is there if they are busy. Ask to look in every room in case he is in a cage behind a door. Call the vets in town and ask them.
Teddy is a very handsome fellow and I sure hope u can find him soon. Indoor cats can get lost very easily when they get outside so I sure hope u find him soon! I would think u will have to find him rather than him being able to find you, especially if u just moved and seeing as he is an indoor cat!
Good luck and keep us posted.
April 30th, 2010, 12:48 AM
Have you contacted the pound in Azilda? I will call Linsay there tomorrow and tell her to keep an eye out for him.
April 30th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Here is the url to the thread that 14+ posted to help find lost kitties.
Check it out..lots of good suggestions!
April 30th, 2010, 10:06 PM
I contacted Lindsay. Please go to http://www.gsshelter.ca/ and post a lost notice there. They scan every cat they get and she will let me know also, if they get an orange cat in.
May 12th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Hi everyone...thank you for the helpful suggestions.
Teddy is still missing. It has been 4 weeks. I have tried pretty much everything but I am still hopeful he will come home.
What I have done to date:
- Contacted all vets in the area with his info/description
- Listed on petlynx.net (lost reports get matched with found reports from Sudbruy Animal Services)
- Posted flyers in my neighbourhood and handed out to passerbys
- Lost ads in the Sudbury Star and NorthernLife (and Northernlife.ca)
- Talked to many people in my neighbourhood
- Mass email sent to friends and forwarded on to their friends
- several kijiji ads (one which was promoted on their homepage, included in my mass email and posted on my facebook and has had nearly 500 hits)
- contacted petsave, spca, and city animal services
- spread the kitty litter on our property
- put out food
- walked around many times (day and night) calling for him and shaking his favourite treats
I feel like all of this was pointless because I am no closer to getting him home. Essentially there are two possibilities right now: 1. someone is feeding and/or sheltering him or 2) he is dead. I don't want to think the worst but it is hard not to.