Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lost Cats!! Niagara Falls Morrison/Valleyway

bobbi*
April 28th, 2010, 09:54 AM
Please help if you can, I have been going to the local SPCA regularely in hopes to find my girls. Minette 1 year old Female Tabby Spayed and BobbiPin Calico/Siamese mix 6 months..... They have been missing since running out the back door when I took out the garbage 2 weeks ago.
Also somebody stole a Siamese/Himilayan off of my porch last August, Wally. He will be two this June.
Humane Society told me that there are two cat trappers within a 2 block radius of my home.
I will pay a reward, BobbiPin really should not be out... she is not fixed and is already 6months old. Her appointment to be spayed is this morning and she is gone. :( :(

Love4himies
April 28th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Oh no, I hope you get your kitties back :pray:

luckypenny
April 28th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Humane Society told me that there are two cat trappers within a 2 block radius of my home.

Can they not get in touch with these people to ask if they've seen/caught your cats?

bobbi*
April 28th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Can they not get in touch with these people to ask if they've seen/caught your cats?

I don't think so, I have been trying to find out via internet how to get in touch with somebody who may know (some people who trap are members of organizations) but have come up with nothing. Besides, the woman at the SPCA rolled her eyes and had somewhat of an attitude when telling me about trappers, saying "I know.... it's actually legal."
I had no idea what a trapper was (she did not care to elaborate) so I called my animal rights activist brother and wife to find out that TNR programs could have took them thinking that they were strays. I just hope that they are safe. I dream at night that I am waking up in the morning and they are waiting on my kitchen counter for breakfast.
My children are devistated.

krdahmer
April 28th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Keep checking the HS, and local rescues too, insist on checking the sick room too (I don't have a whole lot of confidence in our HS). Have you put up posters in your area? Also sit out later in the evening with their favorite treats, if they are not outdoor cats, and have not been trapped they are most likely not far from home. And these 'trappers' are probably just people like me who want to see lost and homeless animals find a home. Check the local pet stores too as that is where I put up flyers when I find a possible lost cat. Check this site as well, http://www.helpmefindmypet.com/

And I'm not 100% sure but I think one of those free flyer type papers that comes around has free lost pet ads.

When my friends cat got out we had good luck with a humane trap....sometimes the HS will let you borrow one. If not contact me and I'll see what I can do. Also if you make flyers, make sure to leave them at vets offices too.

:pray::goodvibes: that your kitties find their way home soon.

If you have pictures, post them here and I can keep an eye out.

Also go door to door in your neighbourhood, and the surrounding blocks with a description....we got a lot of helpful calls that although no one could get near him we at least knew he was still close by and ok.

Tundra_Queen
April 30th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Hi

I'm sorry to hear about your cats. I hope u find them soon and they are safe and sound.

Here is a link that 14+ posted today with suggestions for people to find cats.

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=913482#post913482

Debbie