Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

R.I.P. Momma

Iggette
September 3rd, 2004, 01:08 PM
:( My Barncat Momma had been gone almost a week today....I was worried but figured she was just doin what barncats do and had taken off for a while......Not so

I was hanging laundry when my thoughts went to her again.....my intuition told me to look around the house, when I opened one of the bach sheds my worst nightmare came true.....Momma has passed.....she was a sweet soul, very friendly to people, she will be missed by those who visit us as she would walk them door to door from car to house, like she was showing them the way.

She followed me everywhere when she and I were outside.

I'm really going to miss her I hope she went peacfully, I had no idea anything was wrong
:(

shihtzulover
September 3rd, 2004, 01:11 PM
I am very sorry hear about your lost. RIP Mamma

Iggette
September 3rd, 2004, 01:18 PM
Thank-You she was a really sweet cat, Just wish I could have been there for her.....bad case of the guilts now :(

OnlyInMyDreams
September 3rd, 2004, 01:23 PM
How awful! Im so sorry! I know how it can be to lose something so cherished. Not to worry, she will still be side by side with you as you walk outside. She will still take others door to door and from car to house, just now she'll be in spirit. "Dont cry because its over, smiled because it happened"

Babs
September 3rd, 2004, 01:26 PM
So sorry Iggy :(

We lost our 21 year old calico last St. Pattie's day... she passed during her sleep through the night on her favorite spot in the kitchen... the heating vent!

I absolutely know how you feel. If you have any other pets, make sure you give them lots of extra love and attention, because they also sense the loss. Perhaps you can comfort each other.

Sneaky2006
September 3rd, 2004, 01:36 PM
So sorry for your loss. :(

Princesss04
September 3rd, 2004, 01:38 PM
I am so sorry that you lost your baby. I know how it feels to have your baby gone. You are in my thoughts and prayers. :)

sammiec
September 3rd, 2004, 02:15 PM
Oh Iggy! I'm so sorry to hear about Momma! That's so sad! Do not feel guilty, how could you have known!! RIP Momma!! Our thoughts are with you Iggy! :(

Donna Marie
September 3rd, 2004, 02:32 PM
I am so very sorry for your loss. I am sitting here, we being perfect strangers to one another, and I am trying not to cry. Please know that there are many of us who can empathize with you in your time of pain. Momma has gone to a better place, and you should never feel guilty. She knows how much you loved her.

Iggette
September 3rd, 2004, 03:00 PM
"Dont cry because its over, smiled because it happened"

What a nice thought a smile came over my face but the tears are still there, supposed to go out tonight and I don't think I really feel like it , but it's an obligation I can't get out of, what a crappy day............. Thanks for the lovely thoughts though.....I will think of her every time I walk to the car!!!!

Yes Babs when I first found out I came into the house crying and Buddy wouldn't leave me alone.....how sweet he even licked my tears away, I have lots of love to give to all my furballs

Donna Marie I know your right, she is in a better place, and I sure do hope she knew that I loved her as well as all my own

Thank-You all for your kind words

heeler's rock!
September 3rd, 2004, 03:29 PM
Hey Iggette...I am so sorry for your loss....my prayers and thoughts are with you during this time of grief......"Smile, even through the tears...."

chico2
September 3rd, 2004, 03:37 PM
Iggette,so sorry about Momma,she kind of came with the territory,right!!
I am sure she had a great life since you ended up being her caretaker,these things happen,nothing you could have done...it does not make it any easier,I know,but Momma is ok now :(

OnlyInMyDreams
September 3rd, 2004, 04:03 PM
Yes Babs when I first found out I came into the house crying and Buddy wouldn't leave me alone.....how sweet he even licked my tears away, I have lots of love to give to all my furballs

Isnt it amazing how they always know? They sense it. He licked your tears away because he doesnt want you to feel bad, when you feel bad so does he. So sweet.

SSAC
September 3rd, 2004, 11:49 PM
I'm sooo sorry :( {{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}

anniebananie
September 4th, 2004, 11:28 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. It is hard when any animal dies - and my thoughts are with you. I lost my 17 year old cat a few weeks ago and miss her dreadfully - as do my other cats. {{{{{ HUGS }}}}}}}}

krdahmer
September 4th, 2004, 11:33 AM
{{{{HUGS}}}}} :o

Luba
September 4th, 2004, 07:03 PM
Oh dear, :( (((HUGS)))

Cactus Flower
September 4th, 2004, 07:28 PM
My condolences :(

Iggette
September 5th, 2004, 05:58 AM
Thank you all for being here!!!!! Even though Momma was a barn cat I loved her since Dec. I only wish my hubby felt the way I do about animals, he doesn't understand why I am so emotional about a STRAY CAT In my eyes she wasn't a stray anymore she lived here before we did. I'm just glad to have you peoplle to share my grief with
Thanks again

Luba
September 5th, 2004, 09:51 AM
Hey that kitty was part of your life and a soul that you loved.

You showed this kitty kindness and love and something it may never have had otherwise!