Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hard bump on kitty's tail?

MissPurryJess
April 21st, 2010, 11:02 PM
I just noticed a small, hard bump near the tip of my kitty's tail. :eek::shrug: What could it be? Needless to say I'm making a vet appointment tomorrow - but I'm sick with worry. My husband just noticed it this evening - I don't know how long it's been there, but we touch her and brush her (and her tail) quite frequently, so I think it hasn't been long. It doesn't bother her - we've been rubbing her tail and I even squeezed it and she doesn't care.

I'm so worried - any ideas what it could be? My husband keeps saying not to worry until I have a reason to worry, but that's easier said than done. :( The kitties are 7 years old, and perfectly healthy (save for a few little GI disruptions). I'm terrified. :cry:

Any ideas?

catlover2
April 22nd, 2010, 01:21 AM
Did tail suffer some trauma?....like getting caught in a closing door? or stepped on accidentally? Another cat bite it? Can't think of anything else it might be. Hope it turns out to be nothing. Yes, I know it's hard not to worry about our babies. :pray: :fingerscr

MissPurryJess
April 22nd, 2010, 08:20 AM
catlover2 - It could be any one of those things - nothing happened while I was here, but we have another kitty (her littermate) and it's entirely possible they got into a bit of a brawl when we weren't home. I just woke up and I'm going to call the vet as soon as they open - I just want peace of mind that this is nothing to worry about. :pray::fingerscr

And ironically, my husband and I were picking out a kitty health insurance plan this week - I've been having anxiety about something just like this happening! :wall:

MissPurryJess
April 28th, 2010, 11:45 PM
Just wanted to update - we took her to the vet and he thought it was a tail kink, but after looking at an x-ray he said it just looks like some trauma to her tail, and it's nothing for us to worry about. He wants us to keep an eye on it of course, but it's not cancer or a tumor or anything like that, like I was worried about. My kids have insane tails - they NEVER stop (it's actually a bit odd), even when they're happy or purring - they're constantly swishing. Because of this there is a lot of whacking into things - so we're thinking Daisy probably whacked her tail against the bed frame or something. Oy!

WHEW! And I quit procrastinating and finally bought them pet health insurance. :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper
April 29th, 2010, 04:12 AM
Good to hear there's nothing to worry about & :thumbs up for the insurance :fingerscr you never need it for more than regular check ups