Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Kewl video on hummingbirds

Tundra_Queen
April 20th, 2010, 10:36 PM
Hi
I got this today and it is a very kewl video slowing down hummingbirds. You need dsl to see it though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjnc1kHMDDo

Debbie

hazelrunpack
April 20th, 2010, 10:51 PM
Oh, that is cool!!! :cloud9: I wish Chris could watch it. :(

MyBirdIsEvil
April 20th, 2010, 11:06 PM
Awesome! I bookmarked it so my husband can watch it when he gets home.

hazelrunpack
April 20th, 2010, 11:09 PM
I emailed mine the link so he can sneak a peak tomorrow at work. :D Shhhhhhhhhhhh! :laughing:

dmc123
April 21st, 2010, 06:01 PM
Very nice, thanks for posting the link :) That got me searching for more hummer videos - found the PBS nature - entire video - haven't watched it yet, but it here if interested.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/episodes/hummingbirds-magic-in-the-air/video-full-episode/5475/

I love hummers, ours have already returned....tickles me everytime I see one.

Diane

MyBirdIsEvil
April 21st, 2010, 06:03 PM
I haven't seen any hummingbirds yet, but I may have if I wasn't being lazy and put the feeders out :laughing:.

I did just plant some petunias, so maybe they'll come out.

Dee-O-Gee
April 21st, 2010, 09:40 PM
I always thought that hummingbirds fed off of plants but the one segment of them eating insects was pretty spectacular! I never thought the ate insects. :shrug:

hazelrunpack
April 21st, 2010, 11:52 PM
Loved the entire episode, too, Diane!! :thumbs up Got me searching for hummer videos online now, too, TQ! :D

dmc123
April 22nd, 2010, 05:10 PM
Hazel (and the rest) I just finished watching the entire episode - well worth the time to see it! Well, done. If time is a factor, open the link and just watch 5-10 mins at a time.....if you like hummers, you will love this video.

Diane

Tundra_Queen
April 23rd, 2010, 10:25 AM
hazel...i thought of u when I saw this video,,,u living such a shelter life when it came to videos,,,now you have zoom butt speed and I knew you'd love seeing the hummers. LOL

BenMax
April 23rd, 2010, 11:28 AM
Absolutely stunning and beautiful. Wonderful message towards the end.

A+!:thumbs up