Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog Found - Female Husky

Masha
April 18th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Hi, we found a female husky today on Steeles and New Westminster (border of Toronto and Thornhill). She is not microchipped and has no visible tatoos. Collar has no tags. She has a great coat and is at a good weight so i think she was lost very recently. She is staying with us untill we can find her parents. Picture will follow shortly.

I registered my info with the local animal hospital and will do the same with the Humane Society, etc.

She is such a sweetheart, someone must be missing her.

Dog Dancer
April 18th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Masha bless you for taking her in and keeping her safe. Sure hope her owners turn up and that you suggest they tag and chip her! Thanks again!

Dee-O-Gee
April 18th, 2010, 08:41 PM
:highfive: to you Masha. Hope she finds her other happy home soon. :)

hazelrunpack
April 18th, 2010, 08:51 PM
:goodvibes: for the sweetie, Masha! And big :grouphug:s to you for taking her in when she needed help!

Frenchy
April 18th, 2010, 09:09 PM
Thanks for taking her in Masha ! Hope you find the owners , and that they do miss her !! :fingerscr

Masha
April 18th, 2010, 09:13 PM
The pretty girl:

hazelrunpack
April 18th, 2010, 09:35 PM
Oh, she's beautiful!! I hope you can find her people soon! :goodvibes:

Chris21711
April 19th, 2010, 09:39 AM
Masha, there is this posting on craigslist for a lost Husky in York Region....I guess one way to tell if it is the same dog is to see if there is a shaved area on the leg.

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/yrk/laf/1675929091.html

Masha
April 19th, 2010, 10:53 AM
Hi Chris,

Thanks for checking it out, unfortunately its not the dog from Craiglist. The dog i found has a metal collar and is an older female.

Update: I got a call last night from someone who saw my posting on facebook. This person spoke with the frantic owner earlier yesterday and then noticed my post last night.
From my conversation with this person i now know that the dog is 3 years old, recently adopted from a shelter/rescue, and that her owners live 15 minutes away.

The problem is that while searching for his dog the owner was telling people the building he lives in but not the apartment #/floor or his name or #. That building has 20 floors. I went by there but no signs or anything and no super available and the super's phone # is not responding.

So.... i will be posting signs in that building today after work and in the nearby area. Hopefully she will be reunited by the end of today.

I think Jermy will miss her more than i will.... he really took to her.

chico2
April 19th, 2010, 04:11 PM
Masha,sounds good,just be careful who you hand her over too,if there is something specific about her to identify her,make sure the supposed owner can tell you.
Thank you for taking care of her,she is beautiful:cloud9:

Masha
April 19th, 2010, 04:21 PM
The person who saw my facebook post and called me last night is a gf of a family friend. She was walking in the park with her dog yesterday mid day when the owner approached her asking if she saw a female husky, describing her to a T. So i asked her to tell me how the owner looks like so that once someone calls from my poster, i will know who to expect... the owner also told her the name the dog responds to so i will ask any caller that claims to be the owner to identify her name. I will miss her.... she loves giving kisses and getting them too :lovestruck:

Love4himies
April 19th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Thank you for taking her in, she is just beautiful, who knows where she would be today had you not. I hope you find the owners :pray:

hazelrunpack
April 19th, 2010, 07:31 PM
I hope they call soon! :goodvibes:

Dee-O-Gee
April 19th, 2010, 08:52 PM
She looks like such a happy girl. Hopefully the owner is as caring as you have been. :fingerscr

Masha
April 20th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Woohoo!! Good day today. In the morning got a call from the owner, who saw my poster. We met up after work and they were both so happy to see each other - she was jumping on him and squeeling so much from excitement, he was so thankful.

He is a retired man who lives alone with no family - she is his family. I am so happy they are reunited.

The best part of watching them as they reunited, it was like a moment form the movies. He saw us walking towards him and he crossed over and called her name and she saw him and we ran up and she just started jumping on him and squeeling and he bent down to pet her and it was a very touching moment... amazing!!

If you ever loose your pet, don't give up!!!!

hazelrunpack
April 20th, 2010, 07:58 PM
:cloud9: I'm so glad they found each other again! Good job, Masha!!! :highfive:

14+kitties
April 20th, 2010, 08:24 PM
:cry: Very nice. :grouphug::highfive: to you for all your help in reuniting them. :cloud9:

Dee-O-Gee
April 20th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Oh what a nice ending. I just got goosebumps reading your post Masha. It sounds like they were meant to be together. :cloud9:

Great job Masha for filling the love! :thumbs up

LYNNNNNNN
April 21st, 2010, 09:07 AM
Your story is so touching ! You brought tears to my eyes !!!
Thanks for everything you did to bring them back together :grouphug:
The world needs more people like you !:goodvibes:

Chris21711
April 21st, 2010, 02:45 PM
:thumbs up Masha on reuniting the Husky girl with her owner....since she fit in so nicely, I guess you are going to have to get a Husky, right :D

Masha
April 21st, 2010, 03:59 PM
:thumbs up Masha on reuniting the Husky girl with her owner....since she fit in so nicely, I guess you are going to have to get a Husky, right :D

:D It definitely got us thinking....

Frenchy
April 21st, 2010, 04:07 PM
:D It definitely got us thinking....

:eek: can I help can I help can I help .... :laughing:

sorry , I get over excited when I hear people interested about adopting :crazy:

chico2
April 21st, 2010, 04:09 PM
Masha,that is sooo wonderful,I bet the owner was beside himself.
You could very likely have saved the pups life,WTG:grouphug: