Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

lost cat toronto east

kwilli
April 16th, 2010, 01:23 PM
I am posting this on behalf of a friend. :fingerscr for suri....
Female, domestic short-hair

grey/white/brown tabby with interesting patterns on her fur

4 years old

12 pounds

Name: Suri

Suri is timid and easily scared. She does not meow but will make a sort of hissing and groaning sound if scared or trapped. She is small for her age.

She has been missing since Monday evening from the Vic/Park and St. Clair area in the East end. She was not wearing a collar but does have a microchip with up-to-date address and contact information for her owner.

Attached are a few photos of her.

I have been in contact with the shelters and the Humans society and extensively postered my neighbourhood (as well as in mailboxes). Are there any other sources that you know of that I should contact or look at online?

14+kitties
April 16th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Has your friend gone out very early in the morning or very late at night when it is quiet with a bag of treats and a flashlight? If kitty is so easily spooked it's possible she won't be coming out of hiding. Have you/your friend asked all of the neighbours to check in their sheds, under decks, wherever a cat may hide to see if she is there? Have you called whoever picks up animals off the road to see if the cat has been picked up. :( Have you/your friend picked up a live trap to see if you could perhaps trap her in the middle of the night? She may be coming out of hiding and going to the door to get back in. Has your friend put out her litter box, an article of clothing from her favourite person, her blankie?
You could also contact Toronto Cat Rescue. Maybe she was trapped by mistake by one of their angels if she is a cat normally outside.

kwilli
April 16th, 2010, 01:40 PM
yes... she's put out her favourite crate with food and a blanket that she likes. There was a sighting a couple of days ago from a neighbour (she has just moved into this house) who tried to get her, but she was spooked and ran. She is an indoor kitty... they think she got out during the move.....
I emailed the link to this thread to my friend and told her in no time more suggestions would come (plus what a great community this is for support) and suggested TCR as well.
The trap is a good idea...
14+ you are the bestest....

14+kitties
April 16th, 2010, 01:43 PM
Oy! If she's just moved into the house it could be kitty is trying to get back "home". Could she ask some of her old neighbours to keep their eyes open as well? :fingerscr

chico2
April 16th, 2010, 05:07 PM
If she is an indoor cat,she probably has not gone far.
I had that happen here,people moved to a new house,cat got out and was lost.
Luckily he came to my house and I'd seen a poster in the Metro-Store.
Putting out a crate or a humane trap with familiar smells(owner T-Shirtetc..) is a good idea.

KWellwood
April 20th, 2010, 11:08 PM
Thanks to everyone who has posted replies to the lost cat listing. I am the owner of this lost cat and Kwilli was kind enough to post for me before I was registered. Thanks!

I appreciate all of your tips and advice, most of which I have been using. I was told to also spread my scent around the neighbourhood at "cat level" in order to help her to find her way home. We just moved and were only here 2 weeks before she ran out so I assume she is trying to go "home" which is in the Yonge/Lawrence area. Fingers crossed for a safe return!

hazelrunpack
April 20th, 2010, 11:10 PM
I hope you find her soon, KWellwood! :fingerscr :goodvibes:

KWellwood
May 17th, 2010, 10:44 AM
Hi All,

I just wanted to tell you the good news! My cat was found! After just over a month, she was found hiding in a flower pot in a neighbour's yard. She has a few scratches and has lost a lot of weight but seems otherwise happy and healthy. Thanks to all of you for the tips and advice and to kWilli for the original posting!

Love4himies
May 17th, 2010, 12:26 PM
Wow, a month :eek: I am so glad you found her. :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
May 17th, 2010, 11:48 PM
omd, what great news, KWellwood!!! :grouphug:

14+kitties
May 18th, 2010, 08:37 AM
That is wonderful news!!! Hopefully Suri won't try to escape again. :fingerscr

cass5222
May 18th, 2010, 09:41 AM
i hope i find my little baby congrats:clap: