Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

lost cat in ossington/bloor area, toronto

kittygalore
September 2nd, 2004, 07:52 PM
Sausage Monkey, our frisky 3 1/2 year old neutered male brown tabby (domestic short hair) with white chin, chest and feet, was missing since August 17th. Tonight he just waltzed back onto the deck, dehydrated, thinner and subdued. We are Xstatic that he came home. THanks to everyone for their kind words and support. And now ... to the vet!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v13/sidneythecat/sm.jpg

chico2
September 2nd, 2004, 09:42 PM
Kittygalore,the missing cats issue,is just too awful to explore....keep looking for your little guy and don't lose hope,cats have been missing for months and found,don't give up! Good Luck!!

Iggette
September 2nd, 2004, 09:44 PM
Plus, on a nerve-wracking note, there seems to be an inordinately high number of missing cats in this neighbourhood of late. Any thoughts on that issue?

More than a thought but I don't want to think the worst :(

I hope you find your kitty you must be heartbroken My son frequents the area do you have a pic I can forward to him?

kittygalore
September 2nd, 2004, 10:30 PM
i do have a good photo of sausage monkey, but cannot figure out how to attach it to the bulletin. Stay tuned and I'll have the photo up by tomorrow when my technologically competent partner can assist.
thanks for the kind words of encouragement, by the way. It means a lot to me. cheers.

Christine A.
September 3rd, 2004, 11:28 AM
Hi there, I am so sorry about your missing kitty! :(
A good friend of mine is also looking for his female grey and white cat in the same area. (Bloor & Dovercourt) - her name is Jackie.

Anyway, I was wondering if you checked the lost and found pages of the Humane Society - I was online today and saw a few pics of cats that seem to fit the description of yours.

I will keep my eyes open for any cat fitting the description in the area (Bloor and Gladstone).

Christine A.
September 3rd, 2004, 11:36 AM
........sorry I should have mentioned the cat ID# of a pic of a cat in particular that I saw on the Human Society Lost and Found - it is: ID#A080093. They say the cat has been there since Aug. 30.

I don't want to get your hopes up, but my fingers and toes are all crossed at the same time! Please let me know. Again, I'll keep my eyes peeled!

kittygalore
September 3rd, 2004, 05:18 PM
Hey christine: thanks for your good wishes. I was actually at the Humane society today to investigate the two new brown tabbies (their photos weren't posted last night), but neither were Sausage Monkey. So many beautiful cats there, though! :( Any further description of your friend's cat? I am out most nights looking and have met lots of lovely felines in my travels. Thanks again. cheers.

Christine A.
September 4th, 2004, 10:38 AM
That's wonderful news!!! I am so happy Sausage Monkey is home! I actually saw a few of your signs posted last night and it broke my heart. I am so thrilled that he is back home - I can only imagine how excited you must be! Keep us updated on how things go with his check-up - he must have been through a lot in the last few weeks! (if only they could tell us!)

My friends' cat Jackie is a gray and white spayed female with a gray "smudge" on her nose. She is on the smaller side and has been missing for about 10 days now. Her home is at Dovercourt and Bloor. I am still trying to obtain a pic so I can post it here, but there are signs posted on the street (with no pic). By any chance do you know who to call to find out if she may have been killed and picked up off the road? I am dreading making the call but I think it's best to know.

Happy cuddling with Sausage Monkey!!! And thanks for your support as well.

chico2
September 4th, 2004, 03:54 PM
Christine,depending on where you live,you should call your local Humane Society.I have called them twice on my street to pick up cats killed by cars.,the same goes for coons,skunks etc...
If your friends cat is tatooed or has a rabies-tag they would call,unless the cat lost her collar.
Also call the city's maintenance dept.

I too am very happy Sausage Monkey is back,maybe he just decided to take a rest from that somewhat insulting name,cats have a certain amount of pride,you know :D :D :D :D (just kidding,it's a very original name :D )

Iggette
September 6th, 2004, 11:19 AM
Sausage monkey came home????? I musta missed that post :confused:

Oh well happy news is good news Glad he is home!!!!!!

Chico sausage monkey is not that bad!! I have a cat named JERK :o
No I didn't name him, I tried other ryming names but he knows Jerk best and had it for 5 years before he was orphaned at my last farm house :( But when you call him he bounces along happily.... apparently paying no mind to anyone calling him "JERK" :D

glasslass
September 6th, 2004, 02:51 PM
Good news about Sausage Monkey! I missed the original post. Would love to know where he got that name! :D