Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Now would be a good time ...

mummummum
April 14th, 2010, 02:56 PM
to tell me I'm an idiot.

Ouch. I've "died" my hair. Not the first time. I've been every colour under the sun.

I'm not even sure what I've done. I've had this stuff in my closet for years. Wellana bleach and oil. :eek::eek::eek:

We'll see! Let's hear it for "the ride" !!!!!

Ahhhh comeone.....hair grows back! Right?:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Frenchy
April 14th, 2010, 02:57 PM
well come one M3X , let's see it !!! :evil:

mummummum
April 14th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Can't yet. it's still on there. Hoping it doesn't eat my hair chica.

Frenchy
April 14th, 2010, 03:02 PM
Can't yet. it's still on there. Hoping it doesn't eat my hair chica.

we are not hairdressers here at pets.ca , you MUST consult if it burns or start to fall out !

we advise the OP to go to hairdresser asap and this thread will now be close ...

:laughing:

BenMax
April 14th, 2010, 03:04 PM
We want pictures, we want pictures, we want pictures.....:laughing:

LavenderRott
April 14th, 2010, 03:23 PM
We definately can't call you an idiot until we have seen the end result. :D

I was born blonde and continued to be blonde until I was about 42. Then I went brunette with a hint of red. Out of a box. As done by my daughter. Last week, I got it done at the hairdressers. I really like it but it is a bit more red then I had planned.

mummummum
April 14th, 2010, 03:28 PM
we are not hairdressers here at pets.ca , you MUST consult if it burns or start to fall out !

we advise the OP to go to hairdresser asap and this thread will now be close ...

I ...am...rolllllooing...on...the...floor...watching you apologizing all over yourself if you were....oh dawg, can you imagine...

mummummum
April 14th, 2010, 03:31 PM
We definately can't call you an idiot until we have seen the end result. :D

I was born blonde and continued to be blonde until I was about 42. Then I went brunette with a hint of red. Out of a box. As done by my daughter. Last week, I got it done at the hairdressers. I really like it but it is a bit more red then I had planned.

I was born red-haired and I ended up a whole lot more "red head" than I imagined. ;}

Dee-O-Gee
April 14th, 2010, 08:00 PM
A few years ago, I dyed my hair thinking the tube inside the box was a "Medium Ash Brown." Back then, they never sealed the boxes of the dye kits so either the processing line or someone in the store mixed the color tube. When finished dying my hair-- I was a chariot red head! :frustrated:

Goldfields
April 14th, 2010, 08:17 PM
I think you are very brave. :laughing: :laughing: I loved putting colour in my hair and back when I was showing the red cattle dogs and sable shelties it'd be a colour to go well with them. I wish I'd been born a redhead. My hairdresser was very adventurous and the colour I liked most on her, well, next to a streaky one with about 4 varying shades of gold, was ferrari red. A real winner. :D But bright! :eek:

hazelrunpack
April 14th, 2010, 09:38 PM
Um....so we gonna get pics, MMM? :D

otter
April 14th, 2010, 09:46 PM

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: :laughing::laughing::laughing:

yes though, hair does grow back... thank dog for that!hope all turned out in the end :D

Luvmypitgirls
April 15th, 2010, 02:44 AM
I recently had my hair dyed a mahogany with violet highlites, it requires serious upkeep, I've had it touched up twice in a matter of 3 to 4 weeks.
I'm sick of it, and have seriously considered bleaching it out and going to a medium to dark ash blonde, or a light to med brown. After reading the OP however, I reconsidered and called my stylist :laughing:....left a message for her to call me back with the price of having her bleach it out and re-color, she has yet to call me back :frustrated:

happycats
April 15th, 2010, 05:59 AM
A few years ago, I dyed my hair thinking the tube inside the box was a "Medium Ash Brown." Back then, they never sealed the boxes of the dye kits so either the processing line or someone in the store mixed the color tube. When finished dying my hair-- I was a chariot red head! :frustrated:

Yup, I knew kids in high school who used to switch the tubes in those boxes just for fun:rolleyes: Their favorite was to switch blonde fire engine red, and black to "white" blonde :eek:
That's why I was SO afraid to use those dye's until they started sealing the boxes :)

I WANT TO SEE PICS MMM :D

mummummum
April 15th, 2010, 06:14 AM
Wow ~ given all the colours flyin' round here I wanna see some pix :laughing:

Later today...as long as no one laughs with me. :p

ancientgirl
April 15th, 2010, 07:44 AM
You are brave using a dye you've had stored for a while. I hope it turned out well.

mummummum
April 15th, 2010, 07:55 AM
Hairdressers across the world held a silent vigil this morning in remembrance of my hair. :D

On the upside ~ I can now safely go hunting ~ in the dark even! :laughing:

Goldfields
April 15th, 2010, 09:30 AM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

hazelrunpack
April 15th, 2010, 10:00 AM
MMM, you tease!!!! We want visual proof! :yell: :p

Kay9
April 15th, 2010, 02:54 PM
Aw, it's only hair. You can always re-colour it or shave it off.:thumbs up:D

Dee-O-Gee
April 15th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Wow ~ given all the colours flyin' round here I wanna see some pix :laughing:

Later today...as long as no one laughs with me. :p

Seriously MX3... I cross my :fingerscr :fingerscr:fingerscr and double swear.. I won't laugh at OR with you! :D

growler~GateKeeper
April 15th, 2010, 10:11 PM
On the upside ~ I can now safely go hunting ~ in the dark even! :laughing:

Does that mean it turned out bright orange?

mummummum
April 16th, 2010, 09:29 AM
I think so. Orangey-blonde. I can't really tell since I've demo'd another pair of specs. And my "relief pair" appear to have been chewed on and possibly licked with sandpapery tongues. :D So here is a bunch of pix of me hamming it up since there's no point in taking any of this seriously. Can't see them myself other than I believe they are of a human with a very large, very round head. Dawg luv webcams. :p

Okaayyyyyyyyyyyyy. So THIS is a webcam. I think.

Oh crap that blue light means it's on. Oo-oo I think that's me. But, bejayzuz a little warning would be nice!

Oh double-crap. Now I'm expected to read INSTRUCTIONS!!!! Gak...

Chris21711
April 16th, 2010, 09:38 AM
I think it looks neat....I love red hair :thumbs up...many moons ago when I used to colour my hair I was a redhead.

I see you have a pair of clogs hanging on the wall, Me too......'cept my clogs are fancier than your clogs :laughing::laughing:

mummummum
April 16th, 2010, 09:49 AM
I have three pairs of them Chris. They are at least 80 or 90 years old now. The woman who gave them to me wore them as a child. :eek:

Chris21711
April 16th, 2010, 09:58 AM
I have three pairs of them Chris. They are at least 80 or 90 years old now. The woman who gave them to me wore them as a child. :eek:

Three pairs....hmm, you got me beat :laughing:.....I don't know the history on the pair we have, Pepe bought them at a farm auction about 20 years ago....Lord forbid having to wear them day in and day out, I've clomped around in ours for about 30 seconds and that was enuff.

ancientgirl
April 16th, 2010, 10:02 AM
I like it. Heck, you can even go redder!:D

mummummum
April 16th, 2010, 10:16 AM
T...Lord forbid having to wear them day in and day out, I've clomped around in ours for about 30 seconds and that was enuff.

Can you imagine? I'd buy stock in pumice stone and make a fortune!

mummummum
April 16th, 2010, 10:18 AM
I like it. Heck, you can even go redder!:D

Yabbut then I would have to colour it back to normal! :laughing:

I think I might re-bleach it, see if I can get it whiter. I wonder how Pink gets her hair that colour. :o

hazelrunpack
April 16th, 2010, 10:19 AM
I love it, MMM! :thumbs up You look great in that do!!! You look like you should be doing a photo shoot somewhere! :highfive:

And great ham job! :laughing:

Chris21711
April 16th, 2010, 10:22 AM
Yabbut then I would have to colour it back to normal! :laughing:

I think I might re-bleach it, see if I can get it whiter. I wonder how Pink gets her hair that colour. :o

:lightbulb: She uses PINK dye :D

mummummum
April 16th, 2010, 10:32 AM
ar-ar-ar Chris.

Thanks Hazel! You are either overly kind about the photoshoot or I sat on your glasses too. The only photogs who would be interested in me is National Geographic ("Call of the Loon or Tracking the Wild Women Across the Rugged Plains of Yorkville...") :D

14+kitties
April 16th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Very chic! I would love to be able to carry off hair that short but my face is too.... ummmmmmm ......... round for it. :o :D I "think" at one time I had that colour! :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
April 16th, 2010, 10:40 AM
:laughing: I did a "Call of the Loon" shoot once... :p :laugh:

Seriously--the short hair really suits you! :flirt:

Frenchy
April 16th, 2010, 12:20 PM
I think so. Orangey-blonde.

Strawberry blond I think it's called :cool:

wow M3X , short hair really suit you ! You have the head for it , makes you look very young ! :thumbs up rrreeerrrr ! :D

growler~GateKeeper
April 16th, 2010, 08:59 PM
Mx3 you look great, love that cut on you :thumbs up

Dee-O-Gee
April 16th, 2010, 09:26 PM
MX3--you're a wonderful and beautiful,:crazy: funny person!

Colour looks fabulous and I the dutch clogs! :D

JennieV
April 18th, 2010, 05:59 PM
Looks great to me :thumbs up
you have very pretty eyes MMM, and no, I am not hitting on you... :laughing: