Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Update on Bandit of the THS

Chris21711
April 14th, 2010, 09:43 AM
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/torontohumanesociety/article/794622--bandit-s-days-appear-numbered

This blog, explains the type of life Bandit has had since being at the THS:

http://animalfarm-selkie.blogspot.com/

BenMax
April 14th, 2010, 11:19 AM
After I write this I just may as well be the MOST unpopular person here at Pets..but as most of you know I am not good on restraining my opinions.

My question is this: Why should Bandit live? Yes I am against euthanasia for space capacity (because there is help out there if a shelter or pound asks), medical unless the animal is suffering (again because there is help out there), age, color, size, disabilities, and even breed. But and I say a big but...for me (and this is my opinion only) why is a dog, regardless of the breed, caused so much hype on fighting to keep him alive after attacking a human being? And a child at that.... I don't understand, so maybe someone can tell me why this is still a story. It is more than likely that I have missed previous articles and that there is much more to this case.

If this story is true...then I don't know why this is even a discussion as to the fate of this dog. There are sooo many more worthy loving dogs and cats that do not have even the chances that Bandit has...they are just destroyed and nameless. Poof - gone.

TeriM
April 14th, 2010, 02:44 PM
I'm sorry but I think I agree with BenMax here. This was not just a bite it was 300 stitches :eek: to a child. I am all for "low-kill" but I also think it is awful to keep these animals year after year with no hope of successful rehoming while other animals could utilize those resources.

BenMax
April 14th, 2010, 02:48 PM
I'm sorry but I think I agree with BenMax here. This was not just a bite it was 300 stitches :eek: to a child. I am all for "low-kill" but I also think it is awful to keep these animals year after year with no hope of successful rehoming while other animals could utilize those resources.

Thank you TeriM - I thought I was alone in my thoughts. There is a thread that Bandit has been euthanized.

Frenchy
April 14th, 2010, 02:50 PM
I'm sorry but I think I agree with BenMax here.

same here

then I don't know why this is even a discussion as to the fate of this dog. There are sooo many more worthy loving dogs and cats that do not have even the chances that Bandit has...they are just destroyed and nameless. Poof - gone.

exactly !

chico2
April 14th, 2010, 04:17 PM
As sad as it is for any animal to be killed,I think this was best for Bandit,he just would not ever have a happy future.:(

aslan
April 14th, 2010, 05:12 PM
i have to say i totally agree with Benmax too,,,Bandit mauled,,not bit a child to the tune of 200 stitches,,he has also bitten 3 people since being at the THS. It is unfortunate that any animal has to be put down but i would rather see an animal that has attacked anyone be put down before a totally healthy one, pitbull or not.

Chris21711
April 15th, 2010, 08:11 AM
R.I.P. Bandit :candle: