April 14th, 2010, 12:25 AM
My town just announced that e-coli was found in our water supply. When I found this out I had already given my dog his drinking water. He didn't really drink alot of it, I am very concerned about this. Can anyone help?
April 14th, 2010, 12:33 AM
Welcome to the forum :)
Remove all the dogs tap water & replace with known bacteria-free bottled water ie not bottled in your town. Bring your dog in to the vet for them to take a urine sample for testing. E.coli is a common cause of urinary tract infection in dogs & cats so they will be able to tell within a few days if your dog has a bacterial UTI & then prescribe an antibiotic that will work.