Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lost Dog near Erin Ontario

FindWinston
April 13th, 2010, 01:14 PM
WINSTON for the first time ventured down our kilometer driveway at about 9:40 Saturday morning April 10th. He was trying to find me as I had run out for a coffee. Since he does not know about the road, he was picked up by a concerned driver on his way to work near 5240 Winston Churchill Blvd, Erin, before 9:45. He was a white male in his 20s driving a small red American car. He checked with a neighbour for the owner, but was late for work and must have had to take Winston with him. We made reports at all the shelters, and put a sign at the end of the driveway right away. We are now asking for the help of the community. 12 lbs Yorkshire Terrier Cross, Tan and Black, 1.5 years old, Neutered, Very Friendly, Brave and Athletic. Please help us find him, the whole family and his brother Napoleon miss him very much!!

Contact Glenn at 416-508-2995 glenn.verkindt@gmacover.com

Animal Services
April 13th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Your doing all the right things. Definatly come on into the shelter and take a look.Good luck!

NoahGrey
April 13th, 2010, 04:00 PM
AS..I was going to mention UCHS. Do you work there? I was going to suggest as well calling and filling out a lost report as well. As well always better to bring in a picture, so they can attach it to the lost report file.

ACO22

Melinda
April 13th, 2010, 04:07 PM
can I ask where you are the animal service? maybe there are others in his area,

findwinston, did you alert vets? pet feed stores or anywhere one would go to buy supplies in your area?

Animal Services
April 13th, 2010, 05:08 PM
Mississauga. Already got the report filed. Good luck.

hazelrunpack
April 13th, 2010, 09:33 PM
FindWinston, make sure you call all the shelters in your area, including the one in Mississauga, and touch bases with them every day. If you can visit the shelters, that's even better--sometimes dogs are missed as they're brought in just due to general busy-ness at the shelter, so best to visit yourself so Winston doesn't fall through the cracks.

If Winston was really picked up by someone who might have been on the way to work, that person could have dropped him at any shelter near his workplace...so don't limit yourself to just the shelters close to you.

I hope Winston comes home to you soon! :goodvibes:

FindWinston
April 14th, 2010, 08:13 AM
Just wanted to let you all know Winston is at home safe and sound.

Thank you everyone for all of your concern.

Melinda
April 14th, 2010, 08:20 AM
oh what wonderful news, where/how was he found?

Love4himies
April 14th, 2010, 09:25 AM
Wahoo! :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
April 14th, 2010, 10:43 AM
Oh, thank Dawg!!!! Nothing like good news to start the day! :highfive: