Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Don't bother to move, I'll work around you.

ancientgirl
April 13th, 2010, 08:02 AM
Last night, around midnight I had to get up and use the bathroom. I need to stop drinking water close to bedtime. Anyway, as usual, I had a bed full of furries.

Maks on my left (his side), Czari on my right, Kiska next to my pillow and Oksana between my legs. Vlad was MIA. I started to move, thinking maybe they'd move over a bit. Nope.:laughing: They all just lifted their heads and watched my wiggle and squirm out of bed. When I finished, I figured I'd get back to the bed and they would be sitting up, right? Wrong!:laughing:

I had to wiggle and squirm my way back into bed, as they just laid there watching me. When I was all settled back, they lowered their heads and continued their sleep.

Nothing is ever dull when you have pets, even getting up to use the bathroom.:D

Melinda
April 13th, 2010, 08:07 AM
heck Brina just wiggles up and takes my place, including laying her head on my pillows....not easy shoving a 70 pound dog over

hazelrunpack
April 13th, 2010, 09:28 AM
My biggest beef is that when they settle in, they pull the covers off me and push me up against the cold wall! :yell: Not to terrible in summer, but some winter nights, the half against the wall gets a tad chilly. :laughing:

ancientgirl
April 13th, 2010, 09:34 AM
Melinda, is a bigger bed in order? :D

Hazel, luckily I don't have that problem. However, when Vlad decides to lay on the bed, or shall I say across the bed, he leaves very little room for the rest of us.:rolleyes:

hazelrunpack
April 13th, 2010, 09:43 AM
There seems to be an unwritten companion animal law about lying crosswise on the bed! What is that all about!?! :frustrated: :laughing: Also, I can have 5 dogs on the bed with me, be pushed into the wall with all of them very very close to me, and have the other half of the bed free! Some days I just wanna put up a sign that says "Spread out, alright-already!!!" :yell:

I never realized cats had those same rules! :laughing:

ancientgirl
April 13th, 2010, 09:46 AM
There seems to be an unwritten companion animal law about lying crosswise on the bed! What is that all about!?! :frustrated: :laughing: Also, I can have 5 dogs on the bed with me, be pushed into the wall with all of them very very close to me, and have the other half of the bed free! Some days I just wanna put up a sign that says "Spread out, alright-already!!!" :yell:

I never realized cats had those same rules! :laughing:

Oh yes, they certainly do have the same rules. :laughing: What I find so funny is, such a small animal can take up so much :censored: room!:laughing:

hazelrunpack
April 13th, 2010, 09:54 AM
What I find so funny is, such a small animal can take up so much :censored: room!:laughing:
One of the many Mysteries of Nature. :eek:

:laughing:

Melinda
April 13th, 2010, 10:09 AM
*LOL* no bigger bed needed, most mornings I wake up to just brina and I in bed, she sort of shoves hubby out and he sleeps in the other room *L* says its his excuse to get a restful nights sleep

14+kitties
April 13th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Same problem here. Keesha takes up a fair amount of room for a little doggie. Dayle likes to settle right by my chest or my head and insists she has to serenade me to sleep every night. She wakes me up in the morning by sitting on my hip and purring away. :cloud9:

ancientgirl
April 13th, 2010, 11:20 AM
You know, as hard as it is sometimes to sleep in such awkward positions sometimes, I love that they want to sleep next to me.:lovestruck:

Love4himies
April 13th, 2010, 11:26 AM
:laughing::laughing::laughing:I have the same problem, in fact, Puddles gives me "THE LOOK" when I dare disturb her so I can get out of bed.

ancientgirl
April 13th, 2010, 11:29 AM
:laughing::laughing::laughing:I have the same problem, in fact, Puddles gives me "THE LOOK" when I dare disturb her so I can get out of bed.

:laughing:I get that look from Kiska and Oksana.:rolleyes:

chico2
April 13th, 2010, 04:40 PM
A-G,a teeny,little kitty-cat(not that mine are teeny:laughing:)can really stretch..
I have a corner-sofa in my little den,where I watch TV,if I leave to get something there is no room for me,I squeeze in and get dirty looks all around:laughing:

ancientgirl
April 13th, 2010, 06:14 PM
:laughing:Don't you love the dirty looks. Geez, you'd think I called them a dog or something.:rolleyes:

Dracko
April 13th, 2010, 11:43 PM
AG, I've done the "wiggle" too. I love it when they are comfortable enough to stay put. :thumbs up

kungfuMao
April 13th, 2010, 11:57 PM
i LOOOOVE when mukmuk sleeps on my chest. i just don't like it when he aims his rear at my face when he sleeps on my chest. otherwise, i LOOOOVE it. he loves me :lovestruck:

TeriM
April 14th, 2010, 01:42 AM
Hehehe, Is there a pet owner out there who hasn't done the wiggle :laughing:.

Desi however likes to complicate things :yell:. Nine times out of ten she just lets me wiggle around her and then that other time she decides to have a "tortie" moment and has a hissy fit, swats and stomps off :frustrated:.

I must say that every once in a while I am travelling alone and have a big bed all to myself and it is paradise :cloud9:. But then after a night or two I miss them and want to be surrounded again :D.

ancientgirl
April 14th, 2010, 07:19 AM
I've realized that it's hard for me to sleep without at least one or two of them on the bed with me. LOL, sometimes when I get up Maks waits for me to get back in bed then repositions himself to get even more comfy.:lovestruck:

krdahmer
April 14th, 2010, 11:26 AM
:laughing: Gotta love being covered in furries!!! :cloud9:

edwina
April 18th, 2010, 06:41 PM
:laughing::laughing::laughing: They love to take over the bed, and pillow. :rolleyes: