Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

BHRR Great Danes AVAILABLE 4 Adoption

BHRR
April 12th, 2010, 10:42 AM
Just thought I would begin a new thread for the BHRR Great Danes up for adoption! Three of them are gorgeous black beauties and one merle cutie!

BHRR's Shiva - http://www.birchhaven.org/?cat=42

BHRR's Dana - http://www.birchhaven.org/?cat=53

BHRR's Mindy - http://www.birchhaven.org/?cat=69

BHRR's Koop - http://www.birchhaven.org/?cat=71

hazelrunpack
April 12th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Beautiful dogs, BHRR! :flirt:

Frenchy
April 12th, 2010, 11:04 AM
hi BHRR !

omg Mindy :cloud9: love the grey muzzle :lovestruck:

good luck to all of them :fingerscr

BHRR
April 12th, 2010, 07:36 PM
I agree! :) Unfortunately, BHRR's Mindy, Dana & Shiva fall under the 'big black dog syndrome' and sigh...... :cry: I think they are just bootiful!

I hope you have been keeping well!!! :)

Beautiful dogs, BHRR! :flirt:

BHRR
April 12th, 2010, 07:38 PM
I so love the 'frosting' too! :)

May their forever loving homes come by soon. :fingerscr

I hope you have been keeping well Frenchy...Guinness misses 'warming' your feet! :p

hi BHRR !

omg Mindy :cloud9: love the grey muzzle :lovestruck:

good luck to all of them :fingerscr

aslan
April 12th, 2010, 07:54 PM
oh i knew i shouldn't have looked...:wall:..they are all absolutely gorgeous. i've been keeping an eye on Shiva for awhile now and Koop:lovestruck:... I want them all:yell:

Frenchy
April 12th, 2010, 08:36 PM
I hope you have been keeping well Frenchy...Guinness misses 'warming' your feet! :p

everything good here. Tell Guinness I miss him , so much that I had to go and adopt a 160 lbs pyrenee :eek: :D

I'm hoping things are going well on your side , hoping many good families are filing out adoption applications for the danes :fingerscr

hazelrunpack
April 13th, 2010, 12:37 AM
I agree! :) Unfortunately, BHRR's Mindy, Dana & Shiva fall under the 'big black dog syndrome' and sigh...... :cry: I think they are just bootiful!

I hope you have been keeping well!!! :)
I think they're beautiful, too! :cloud9: I never did understand that 'black dog' stigma. :frustrated: IMO many of the world's finest beings are black dogs! :flirt:

:fingerscr they all get adopted into wonderful homes soon! :goodvibes:

We're doing pretty well on this end! I hope all is well there, too! Nice to see you posting again! :D

BHRR
April 13th, 2010, 08:45 AM
They are truly just awesome dogs! :angel:

So, when are you coming over? :D

oh i knew i shouldn't have looked...:wall:..they are all absolutely gorgeous. i've been keeping an eye on Shiva for awhile now and Koop:lovestruck:... I want them all:yell:

BHRR
April 13th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Well, I told Guinness yet he pouted a bit and then said 'YAY! YAY! CONGRATS!' :thumbs up I am just tickled for you!

Pyrs are such lovely dogs! :lovestruck:

Adoptions are slow.....unfortunately. I live in an area just saturated with Great Danes with more and more ads on places like Kijiji by byers etc. :( Yet the requests for assistance to BHRR has more than doubled since last year in comparison to wonderful adoptive homes coming our way.

So many are looking for a 'guard' dog or to breed or a 'status' symbol of wanting the biggest dog on the block etc.

Yet, we remain patient and as with all the other amazing Danes adopted before these four lovelies, their time will come and in the meantime, they get lots of loving, continued training and have 148 acres to hike and enjoy and a warm safe home with lots of food, water and soft beds to pamper them with! NOT to mention all their fellow friends here @ BHRR to hang with and quite a few of our approved Volunteers take these sweet creatures out for daytrips and play dates too.

For me, having them remain with us when they no longer needs us, does take away space for those that are in need of our BHRR program(s) and so may the right homes come along indeed! :fingerscr

everything good here. Tell Guinness I miss him , so much that I had to go and adopt a 160 lbs pyrenee :eek: :D

I'm hoping things are going well on your side , hoping many good families are filing out adoption applications for the danes :fingerscr

BHRR
April 13th, 2010, 08:57 AM
I so agree hazelrunpack! They are such gorgeous black beauties!

I just have to get on here more often to play in the 'pets' sandbox with you wonderful folks! :D

I think they're beautiful, too! :cloud9: I never did understand that 'black dog' stigma. :frustrated: IMO many of the world's finest beings are black dogs! :flirt:

:fingerscr they all get adopted into wonderful homes soon! :goodvibes:

We're doing pretty well on this end! I hope all is well there, too! Nice to see you posting again! :D

aslan
April 13th, 2010, 09:02 AM
They are truly just awesome dogs! :angel:

So, when are you coming over? :D

lol, when i can convince the other half that yes we really do need a great dane, really,,honest..actually want to finish the house reno's then we'll talk.

BHRR
May 6th, 2010, 11:50 AM
Cannot say enough about how amazing Great Danes are as family companions! :) ;)

lol, when i can convince the other half that yes we really do need a great dane, really,,honest..actually want to finish the house reno's then we'll talk.

BHRR
July 20th, 2010, 06:38 PM
UPDATE:

BHRR's Mindy - http://www.birchhaven.org/?cat=69 has been ADOPTED and is headed to her forever loving home on August 7th! :)

hazelrunpack
July 20th, 2010, 10:16 PM
Hurray for Mindy! :highfive: Lucky girl! :goodvibes:

mastifflover
July 21st, 2010, 08:04 AM

You just need to get her there and introduce her to those big babies and when they start kissing her like they have known her forever it won't be a hard sell.

aslan
July 21st, 2010, 10:10 AM

You just need to get her there and introduce her to those big babies and when they start kissing her like they have known her forever it won't be a hard sell.

ooooooh no,,,she would get there and see lilly belle or moose and then they'd be coming home,,and lord help me if BHRR has a landseer newfoundland.

Frenchy
July 21st, 2010, 10:30 AM
Yea Mindy !!! :clap:

BHRR
July 22nd, 2010, 12:10 AM
Well...................We have BHRR's Hamilton the Newf in our BHRR Haven Program right now..... :D;)

http://www.birchhaven.org/?cat=25

ooooooh no,,,she would get there and see lilly belle or moose and then they'd be coming home,,and lord help me if BHRR has a landseer newfoundland.

aslan
July 22nd, 2010, 08:11 AM
Well...................We have BHRR's Hamilton the Newf in our BHRR Haven Program right now..... :D;)

http://www.birchhaven.org/?cat=25

shhhhhh,,,, i knew all about Hamilton silly woman.. I was actually thinking about you as i passed an animal rescue the other day,,they have a large fenced area for the puppers to go outside and exercise...standing there was a huuuuuuge fawn male dane..:lovestruck:

mastifflover
July 22nd, 2010, 08:43 AM
What a cutie he is and how happy he would be with you guys

aslan
July 22nd, 2010, 09:57 AM
What a cutie he is and how happy he would be with you guys

nice try but if i'm not mistaken, Hamilton is one of BHRR's personal doggies..if not we may actually be making a trip out there..Man we're soooo gonna need a bigger bed.