Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A small success with Testy

14+kitties
April 10th, 2010, 12:17 PM
I have been spending some time with Testy every day trying to see if he will be a little friendlier. The most I was getting from him was a very hesitant pushing his cheek into my hand. Today I decided to climb into his little house part of his enclosure with him to see what he would do. I was petting him for a few minutes and lo and behold! I got the universal sign of acceptance.. a huge purr!! :cloud9: :D
He was a little unsure of himself. Like the purr wasn't something he was used to doing. :( But the more I petted him the more he purred - getting louder and louder. I am off work tomorrow so I will spend a bit more time than I could today and see how we progress.
I love these little successes. :thumbs up

sugarcatmom
April 10th, 2010, 12:43 PM
I love these little successes. :thumbs up

And I love hearing about them! Very inspiring. Testy sure is a cutey-pie, with his polka-dot cheek and pretty eyes. :lovestruck:

rainbow
April 10th, 2010, 01:15 PM
WOO HOO for the success with Testy. :highfive:

I never even knew that you had a black cat now ....guess he showed up while I was awol. :o

Black kitties are usually very cuddly so I bet it won't be long before he's looking forward to your visits :cloud9: ....I think you're going to have to change his name now too cuz it won't be long before he's not acting testy anymore. :D

chico2
April 10th, 2010, 04:19 PM
Testy is such a beautiful boy,I am sure he'll come around in no time at all,good progress 14+:thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper
April 10th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Excellent progress :highfive: His face & tuxedo reminds me a bit of my :rip: :cat: Bandit :lovestruck::lovestruck:

onster
April 10th, 2010, 06:20 PM
What a cutie patootie he is! Yay for the success!

Love4himies
April 10th, 2010, 06:22 PM
Wahoo! Bet you made Testy's day :cloud9:, you kitty whisperer, you :angel:

ancientgirl
April 10th, 2010, 07:51 PM
Those small steps lead to bigger ones. That's wonderful to hear!

hazelrunpack
April 10th, 2010, 08:52 PM
Oh, hurrah!! :highfive: Good job, 14+! And good job, Testy! :cat:

14+kitties
April 10th, 2010, 08:56 PM
I can't wait to get out there tomorrow to see what he will let me do. :D

I never even knew that you had a black cat now ....guess he showed up while I was awol. :o

Black kitties are usually very cuddly so I bet it won't be long before he's looking forward to your visits :cloud9: ....I think you're going to have to change his name now too cuz it won't be long before he's not acting testy anymore. :D

:o You missed more than that while you were awol mf. I have 4 black cats now. :D When you can get into the other threads I started you will see pics of them. Once your comp is up and running better I will point you to their stories. The other three are pitch black.

Tundra_Queen
April 12th, 2010, 11:24 PM
Yeah Testy....see 14+ is a nice lady. :D

Dog Dancer
April 13th, 2010, 10:06 AM
I just saw this now, how great is that. I can almost feel the rumble of his purring from here! I love Testy's face, it's so distinctive. So what's the update??

14+kitties
April 13th, 2010, 11:56 AM
I have been sitting in his little house with him every day since. I have been privileged to have been shown his belly a few times. I'm not allowed yet to scratch it. His claws come out pretty quickly if I try as I found out the other day. :rolleyes: But it's a start. :thumbs up He loves his scritches. He is now sitting up or lying on his side so he can fully enjoy them. I even took a comb yesterday and combed him a little.
Today I left the lid up on his house for a while. Normally he doesn't venture out until later on in the day but with the lid up he will come out. He wasn't sure about me coming back in to his enclosure though. Kind of hid in the corner. But I closed the lid to his house and sat on it. A minute later he jumped up on it but at the far end, away from me. I slowly moved down to where I could reach out and pet him. And success! Now he knows I am "ok" if he is inside his house or not. :thumbs up
It's still going to take a long time to get him to the snuggle point but I'm patient.

krdahmer
April 13th, 2010, 02:27 PM
:thumbs up:highfive: Our resident 'cat whisperer' strikes again!!! :grouphug:

Frenchy
April 13th, 2010, 03:08 PM
I just love this little guy's nose ! :lovestruck:

BenMax
April 13th, 2010, 04:03 PM
Oh pheew. Testy is a cat and not the hubby or a body part..:laughing:

If anyone can get anywhere with Testy - you can.:thumbs up. Gorgeous boy btw.

14+kitties
April 13th, 2010, 04:08 PM
Oh pheew. Testy is a cat and not the hubby or a body part..:laughing:

If anyone can get anywhere with Testy - you can.:thumbs up. Gorgeous boy btw.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: You are a goof!!!!

BenMax
April 13th, 2010, 04:10 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh: You are a goof!!!!

Sorry 14+K...I saw the name and all different things came to mind. Not normal..I know..:laughing:

14+kitties
April 13th, 2010, 04:12 PM
Sorry 14+K...I saw the name and all different things came to mind. Not normal..I know..:laughing:

I know. hazel mentioned that in Testy's intro thread. In this case it means he is a little snarky. I'm working on that but now I need another name for him.

BenMax
April 13th, 2010, 04:18 PM
I know. hazel mentioned that in Testy's intro thread. In this case it means he is a little snarky. I'm working on that but now I need another name for him.

How about Juno. I wanted to name a rescue shepard Juno but I got out voted for Grant.

14+kitties
April 13th, 2010, 04:32 PM
How about Juno. I wanted to name a rescue shepard Juno but I got out voted for Grant.

Mmm, I'll have to test that one out on him. I have a Jupiter now. May go well together. :thumbs up Thanks!!