Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Uppercredit .....

ThaiGhing
September 2nd, 2004, 01:34 PM
I have had some bad experience with this group lately... I have sent them about 6 emails, and left about 4 messages regarding a lovely dog they have had posted on their adoptions page for 3 months. His name is Robbie, he is a 2 year old lab/chow cross, with behavioral problems.
I was asking for more information and when and where we can come to meet him. And had not received any replies.
I thought maybe they hadnt checked their emails etc, but noticed that they update their site daily. And still nothing.
SO... this morning I called, got answering machine.. left message... I also sent an email telling them how frustrated I was at the lack of response I have been getting...I was MAD.
They sent me a one sentence reply.. "Thanks for your concern about Robbie... sorry we disappointed you" that was it. I am so angry
This dog has been sitting there for months (since may) and the humans that are trying to find him a home, are not doing a very good job.
Anyone else have any problems with them, or is it just me??

sammiec
September 2nd, 2004, 01:41 PM
You have a 6 month old puppy right? I would be careful about bringing in another dog right now, especially one with that is known to have behaviour problems.
Unfortunately I cannot help you with this organization, I would be leary if you're having this much difficulty already and you haven't even had a chance to talk to them about Robbie at all.... generally good organizations will try very hard and rehome the dogs, some can just be collectors....

ThaiGhing
September 2nd, 2004, 01:47 PM
I am very leary about this organization. As I mentioned, Robbie is 2 years old. He has been with them since March, he was adopted out and returned in May, as the family that adopted him "says" he has behavioural problems. The posting on the website, says that the staff there have always found to him to be friendly and loveable. SO...not sure if the behavioural problems really exist.. hence the reason I was emailing, to get more information about what kind of issues these people "claim" Robbie has.
I am so angry at them... those poor dogs, sitting there, waiting for forever homes.. and these people running the organization letting forever homes slip by because they cannot be bothered to answer an email or return a call.
I have frequently gone to their website, doesnt seem like very many dogs are being adopted. In fact, I first saw Robbies adoption ad in July. Its now September, and this beautiful dog is still sitting there... waiting... breaks my heart really.
:mad: