Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My Chihuahuas pee on the paper but won't poop on it!

Cuzzy
April 9th, 2010, 03:23 AM
I have 2 Chihuahuas (female) and because of the winters we can have I paper trained them. One is 3 and the other is about 1.5 years old. Both of them are excellent when it comes to peeing on the paper, but for some reason they won't poop on the paper! It's usually in the vicinity of the paper but rarely ever actually on the paper.
I have tried countless methods to get them to realize they should do both on the paper with no success. I have searched and searched for answers; on the web, my vet's office and the local SPCA. Nobody had any ideas as to what I could do.
So I decided to find out if someone anywhere might have some advice? Has anyone else had this problem and managed to make it right? I'm willing to work hard to beat this thing because I'm getting tired of having to scrub my floors daily!
I would greatly appreciate any advice that can be given to me! Thanks in advance!

the gang
April 10th, 2010, 05:11 PM
no that feeling, have a min pin that does the same:shrug:, brenda and the pins

allchads2005
December 10th, 2011, 08:54 AM
i have a 3 yr. old 2 2yr. olds and 1yr. old and 2 6months old and 2 6 days old and i have the same problem i dont know what to do either i have been looking for answers too.

Winston
December 10th, 2011, 10:15 AM
How about something like this?

http://www.porchpotty.com/

Cindy

BenMax
December 11th, 2011, 05:56 AM
I have a chi X min pin and when I got her she was paper trained...for pee only it seems. She neither went on the paper. I have since fully house trained her to go outside.
During winter months she runs to the patio door, goes outside and comes back in like a bullet. If you live in an appartment then I can understand your issue but I have no solid advice.

VIOLET0019
December 25th, 2011, 07:29 PM
I have the same issue with my small dog. Although it is one of the MAJOR responsibilities in owning a dog - that they MUST be walked - because of my "life circumstances", I am, unfortunately, ill, and not always able to walk my dog. So I taught her to go on paper (which I place on a recycled plastic boot tray). But, in the winter, she WILL :) poop on the back balcony , but ONLY if there is snow! I still reward her each time she goes to pee on the paper or poop in the snow. She is so funny and will purposfully pee 84 times a day (exaggerating!) She is so proud and comes running to get me to follow her, so that she can show me that she is so smart because she pee-d .... but the truth is.....it really is so that she can get her reward. It is 10 years later since I taught her to make on paper....and I still reward her - with 1 crunchy, and a big fuss of praising her HURRAY! GOOD GIRL! .....(you all know that silly squeaky "voice" we use, when we talk to our pets!) Perhaps your dog WILL :) poop for you.......if she knows that she will get a reward.....try it! I find that my dog prefers several sheets of newspaper.....and not just 1 or 2....and she will walk around and around and around (I counted 33 times this morning) until she will finally pee...ho hum!:)