Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Rantaramma...

Shaykeija
April 5th, 2010, 10:42 PM
I am pissed....

Today at work, one of my "friends" wanted to ask me of I can find her cats a new home. WTF? I ask her if these were the cats she got 6 years ago against my advice. Yep they are. 2 females, never vetted and not spayed. So I asked her why she wanted to dump them now. Her reason..She is sick of cleaning the litter box, too expensive, house stinks, kids are not looking after them and can't afford the food. While she is sucking on a cigarette. (Understand now why I am agitated) Her children are 19, 22 and 24 and still living at home. So I nail the son, he says they are going to drop them off in the bush because cats can live fine there, didn't I know that? Then he said it was too expensive to take them to be put down. Then he shows me a $450 tattoo he just had done and a picture of the next one he is getting done payday. So I asked his if it hurt? Like ya man, so I slapped him in the arm and had the joy of hearing his yell like a banshee.

The I nail the daughter, who just had her nails done.....The cats live in the basement and are mean, noisy and stink. No time for them..

I told the mom to find homes for the cats and kick her useless kids out and hope to god they don't get knocked up. If you cannot look after or afford 2 cats, you can't afford kids. I told my friend tonight that if she drops those cats out in the bush, I will have her charged with animal cruelty. Tomorrow the pound will be paying her a visit in regards to licences. I have a feeling she will be surrendering the cats and I hope out cat rescue people will help. I told my "friend" that unaltered, unvetted cats are impossible to re home and most likely will be put down. ( But I know the pound people so they will contact a rescue, but I am not telling her that). This is why I am pissed....

mummummum
April 5th, 2010, 10:50 PM
:confused: Remind me again why it's illegal to lock people like that up in a small, airless spaces until they admit their idiots and beg for mercy?:confused:

Good for you for calling them each on it though !!!

babymomma
April 5th, 2010, 10:53 PM
:confused: Remind me again why it's illegal to lock people like that up in a small, airless spaces until they admit their idiots and beg for mercy?:confused:

Good for you for calling them each on it though !!!

*bows down to MMM* Best line ever.

And sorry your "friend" Is such a douchekabob.. And those kids could use a few slaps in the face.

JennieV
April 5th, 2010, 11:10 PM
Wow, shay.. what a bunch of :loser: s! :frustrated::frustrated:

Let me guess... in about 2 months they will get a kitten or two? :yell:

Tundra_Queen
April 6th, 2010, 02:38 AM
Shay I hope u hit him real hard! :wall: :loser: And the mom is the biggest :loser: of all!

Why do people think that cats can survive in the dam bush?!! :yell::mad: I would be really pissed too!

I'm glad your having their licenses checked too. :D

hazelrunpack
April 6th, 2010, 09:49 AM
:wall: I'm not sure what boggles my mind more--that she wants to dump her cats or that she goes to the person who advised her not to get them in the first place for help in getting rid of them :yell:

But thank heaven she did! Keep us posted, Shaykeija! :goodvibes: for the kitties!

Goldfields
April 6th, 2010, 11:06 AM
No wonder her house stinks if she was sucking on a cigarette anyway. It's a wonder she could smell the cats for the nicotine. :yuck: Even here in Australia, where winters are mild, cats do it very hard if they are feral. I wish those people could be placed in the same position their dumped cats would be in, battling to survive.

mummummum
April 6th, 2010, 01:30 PM
:sorry: This is slightly :offtopic:

But, I was thinking of the message those kids are getting as humans (whether they absorb it or not is an other matter). When you are inconvenient or worse, require care and attention ~ you become disposable in my eyes. I've ALWAYs viewed animals as a great learning opportunity for parents to guide children to develop and try out their relationship and responsibility skills.

My Sis is a cat-lover but when her last guy died I think it broke her heart for life. So when her two girls were very young and wanting a pet (and swearing on a stack of bibles that they would do all the necessary :rolleyes: as children are apt to do) she got them both Tamagotchi's (sp?) and told them if they could keep them alive, healthy and thriving for two consecutive months she would consider it. For better or worse they never did get a cat.

14+kitties
April 6th, 2010, 05:21 PM
So these poor cats have been living in the basement with no attention and a litter box which probably gets changed about once a millennium. The jerk (sorry) can afford to smoke but she can't afford to feed two little cats? :wall::wall::wall::wall: The kids are all freeloaders and losers from sounds of things as well. I hope and pray they surrender the cats. I also hope and pray they aren't feral enough that a rescue won't look at them. :fingerscr I wish you lived closer. Those poor poor babies. :cry::wall::(

Shaykeija
April 6th, 2010, 10:02 PM
ummm 14 where are you? Perhaps a transport? The cats are not feral, the Mom says they are friendly but the one bites after it has been petted for a while..Hell I would bite too if I was living in a basement...

14+kitties
April 7th, 2010, 12:32 AM
ummm 14 where are you? Perhaps a transport? The cats are not feral, the Mom says they are friendly but the one bites after it has been petted for a while..Hell I would bite too if I was living in a basement...

:laughing: If I took on any more right now hubby would have my hide! I was thinking more along the line of owner/foster but she would actually have to care a little bit for the kitties. :( Of course one bites after a while. It was probably terrorized when it was smaller by those kids of hers. Are they declawed too? That would explain why it is biting. :wall: