Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hi everyone

sachnach
April 4th, 2010, 05:18 PM
I haven't introduced myself yet even though I have posted in the lost and found section (Lost Shar Pei in Richmond ON). I wish that I had found this forum in happier times but it seems like a great place for animal lovers.

A bit about myself besides just looking for my parents' lost dog: I am a huge animal lover and share my life with my husband and almost 4 year old Great Dane. I've always been a dog person and am starting to volunteer with our local humane society as a humane educator. My husband and I recently got married and are moving into a new house with a big backyard soon (a little over a month from now, yay!). Once we get back from our belated honeymoon this summer we are going to start to foster dogs for the humane society. I'm a grad student who works from home the majority of the time so I have the time and we aren't having kids, just fur babies so we figured that this was a great way to help dogs in need. I look forward to meeting other animal lovers and learning more about fostering!

shirley1011
April 4th, 2010, 05:23 PM
welcome...sounds like some interesting times ahead for you.
Keep us posted on the lost dog.

Frenchy
April 4th, 2010, 05:36 PM
I'm so sorry about the lost dog sachnach :(

but , welcome to pets.ca !

I have to warn you , members here (including me of course !!) will be on your case to put pictures of your great dane :cloud9: I looooove them and I myself have one (Nelly) can't wait to see yours !

You will love volunteering and fostering. It's very rewarding :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
April 4th, 2010, 05:46 PM
Welcome to the board, sachnach!

And I'll second that request for pics. :D

sachnach
April 4th, 2010, 06:16 PM
I just posted a few pics in the Pet Photography section :)

Tundra_Queen
April 5th, 2010, 02:32 AM
Hi

Welcome to the forum!!! :D