Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My cat gets brutally beat up

Sew-sew-steve
April 3rd, 2010, 04:13 PM
hello everyone,

before i start off i'd just like to announce that i am new here and i am very happy that i came accross such an informative forum.

anyhow, my cat (sew sew steve) is about 8-9 months old. its a male that i picked up off of the street when it was about maybe 1-1/2 a month old.
when i found him he was barely able to turn his head let alone open his eyes. he was almost bald on most of his body, and well... it was pretty sad. ofcourse, now its a complete 180 degree difference. he's looks amazing and healthy, not to mention a little on the heavy side :P.

anyhow, he loves going outside but i dont let him, which is mainly because i havent taken him to vet yet, and im afraid he'd come in contact with a disease be it through fighting, garbage, w.e.

anyhow, i let him outside a few times because he was standing at the door growling and meoing at me to open the door. so i do, and well basically he got his behind handed to him.

thing is, he has scars now, all of his nipples were bitten im guessing because they all looked hurt. all over his back he's got little scratches which have left dry blood. his hair has fallen out in every place that he has been wounded (I.E. the scars on his head and back.)

prior to this, my brother had let him out before only to find him comming back home with a limp and blood on his head.

im just wondering, why were the nipples bitten?

i understand the scratches, the blood, aswell as the limping. they all come hand in hand with cat fights (pretty bad cat fights that is.)

but im just wondering, why was it that his nipples were bitten? is it a type of dominance? cat bullying? i cant phathom it.

anyhow, thanks in advanced!

hazelrunpack
April 3rd, 2010, 04:21 PM
As you've discovered, letting your cat out is a dangerous thing to do. He needs to be kept indoors.

And now that he's hurt, a vet visit is an absolute must.

BusterBoo
April 3rd, 2010, 04:23 PM
I have no idea....however, I am really hoping that you have taken your cat to the Vets to be checked out.

PLEASE get to the Vet.

Sew-sew-steve
April 3rd, 2010, 04:27 PM
oh yes, ofcourse i'm going to take him to the vet.

but in the meantime, i was hoping someone could answer my question.

but one more thing,

why does he insist on confronting the other cats knowing how he's been beaten before? i understand its dominance, but is this normal behaviour?

whenever there's another cat near our house he goes crazy.

mummummum
April 3rd, 2010, 04:28 PM
anyhow, he loves going outside but i dont let him, which is mainly because i havent taken him to vet yet, and im afraid he'd come in contact with a disease be it through fighting, garbage, w.e.

anyhow, i let him outside a few times because he was standing at the door growling and meoing at me to open the door. so i do, and well basically he got his behind handed to him.

thing is, he has scars now, all of his nipples were bitten im guessing because they all looked hurt. all over his back he's got little scratches which have left dry blood. his hair has fallen out in every place that he has been wounded (I.E. the scars on his head and back.)

prior to this, my brother had let him out before only to find him comming back home with a limp and blood on his head.

i understand the scratches, the blood, aswell as the limping. they all come hand in hand with cat fights (pretty bad cat fights that is.)

but im just wondering, why was it that his nipples were bitten? is it a type of dominance? cat bullying? i cant phathom it.

Your cat could have been exposed to any number of viruses from YOU coming and going outside so I'm a little concerned that he's never seen a Vet. I'm also worried that he hasn't seen a Vet and has been bitten. How do you know he hasn't been exposed to something like FIV?

I have no idea why the nipple injuries but, frankly that wouldn't matter to me. What I'm having trouble understanding is that if you know your cat gets into fights why let him outside repeatedly? :confused:

hazelrunpack
April 3rd, 2010, 04:31 PM
I'm assuming he's not been neutered, either? Neutering would help to calm him down when there are other cats around outside. Something else to talk to your vet about when you go.

Sew-sew-steve
April 3rd, 2010, 04:33 PM
Your cat could have been exposed to any number of viruses from YOU coming and going outside so I'm a little concerned that he's never seen a Vet. I'm also worried that he hasn't seen a Vet and has been bitten. How do you know he hasn't been exposed to something like FIV?

I have no idea why the nipple injuries but, frankly that wouldn't matter to me. What I'm having trouble understanding is that if you know your cat gets into fights why let him outside repeatedly? :confused:

sorry, that was a typo. i ment that he would go to the door a few times growling, so i let him out once.

my brother let him out once. after we each seen what we seen we made a promise with ourselfs not to let him out.

the thing is, i've been telling my family members not to let him out. by my dear father always ends up accidently leaving the door open, and the cat runs out on his own. i've repeatedly had to take a walk around looking for him and bring him back inside.

Sew-sew-steve
April 3rd, 2010, 04:34 PM
I'm assuming he's not been neutered, either? Neutering would help to calm him down when there are other cats around outside. Something else to talk to your vet about when you go.

no i havent neutered him. i dont really plan to either, i know he would calm down in many ways. but i'd rather not.

hazelrunpack
April 3rd, 2010, 04:37 PM
Regardless, he now needs to be seen by a vet. Since he did come in contact with unvetted cats and was wounded by them, he needs to be seen as soon as you can get an appt.

Sew-sew-steve
April 3rd, 2010, 04:40 PM
Regardless, he now needs to be seen by a vet. Since he did come in contact with unvetted cats and was wounded by them, he needs to be seen as soon as you can get an appt.

yes thats the main goal i have. i've been planning to every month, but something always comes up. anyhow, the most thing i didnt want has happened (him getting injured by another cat.)

anyhow, i need some shuteye if im gonna go to work tomorrow.

thanks a lot for the replies. and if you have anything further to say, please do so!

mummummum
April 3rd, 2010, 04:54 PM
no i havent neutered him. i dont really plan to either, i know he would calm down in many ways. but i'd rather not.

SSS ~ not sure why you'd rather not as you seem like a pretty intelligent and caring person. Please don't tell me it's a "guy thing".

Neutering your male means no risk of testicular cancer. A non-existent interest in mating means a reduced interest in roaming and a lesser likelihood of fighting with other toms over a female. The reduced aggression that comes with neutering also means less interest in fighting over territory. A neutered male also means he will be less likely to spray urine in the house and be more interested in grooming.

There are MANY reasons to neuter your cat. The 4 million cats and dogs who are euthanized in shelters each and every year in the United States alone is just one of them. To quote my friend Jim Hall, "if you want a no-kill community, you have to be a no-birth nation".

mummummum
April 3rd, 2010, 05:05 PM
SSS ~ I'm a little confused. In your post you mention that sew-sew-steve (interesting name btw) is approx 9 mths old but according to your profile he was born in January 20 years ago.

Stinkycat
April 3rd, 2010, 06:13 PM
Neutering him would stop annoying things. Plus neutering is cheap! I would never have a male cat unless they're neutered, which both my guys are and they are awesome cats! Much more chilled and layed back. And they don't want to go outside

14+kitties
April 3rd, 2010, 10:24 PM
anyhow, my cat (sew sew steve) is about 8-9 months old. its a male that i picked up off of the street when it was about maybe 1-1/2 a month old.
when i found him he was barely able to turn his head let alone open his eyes. he was almost bald on most of his body, and well... it was pretty sad. ofcourse, now its a complete 180 degree difference. he's looks amazing and healthy, not to mention a little on the heavy side :P.

If he was "barely able to turn his head let alone open his eyes" then he was not even that old. Maybe a week or so. Did you bottle feed for a while?

Unfortunately you do let him out as you state later on. Sounds like he is out on a regular basis.

I would assume seeing as his nipples look bitten that he has a pretty severe case of fleas. That is normally what flea bites make nipples look. BUT - we are not vets. He needs to see one desperately!

oh yes, ofcourse i'm going to take him to the vet.

but in the meantime, i was hoping someone could answer my question.

Again, not vets. We can't answer your question for sure.

why does he insist on confronting the other cats knowing how he's been beaten before? i understand its dominance, but is this normal behaviour?

whenever there's another cat near our house he goes crazy.

Why does he insist? He insists because he is an unneutered male cat and that is what unneutered male cats do. They insist that they be the boss of all they survey. Yes, completely normal. Unfortunate but normal. And, may I add, a simple operation can stop it.

If you can give me three good reasons why you are not planning on getting your male cat fixed I may go along with it. But you would have to make those reasons really really good. Please don't tell me it's a male ego thing. Is your cat a show cat? Is he a certain breed that is very desirable to people? Does he have certain qualities you think people would want in their cat? Are you ready to face the responsibility of having a large tom cat around that will spray, that will continue to fight, that will want to dominate every other cat in the area?
An unneutered male cat can impregnate every single unfixed female cat he comes across in a night. At this point you are probably saying Yeah!! Way to go Sew! Don't! Because in doing so he could also be passing on genetic abnormalities. He could also be picking up lots of wonderful diseases. Most will eventually kill him. :( At the same time he is fighting every other Tom for a chance at those females. That is why he is coming home injured. Did you know every bite he gets he is also getting the saliva of the cat that bit him? Did you know every scratch he gets has a chance of being severely infected? If not treated promptly then each and every bite can lead to his death as well.
I know you love your cat. I can tell by the way you speak about him. So please get him fixed. There are so so many reasons why that is a good idea. A lot of them have already been mentioned by other members. It's a simple straightforward operation. He recovers quickly. He will be so much more happy and content to stay at home and not roam.
Please do some research on the number of cats that are euthanized due to overpopulation alone. Please do the responsible thing and get SSS fixed. He will thank you. As would I.
Sorry this has turned into a lecture. Not intended to be. Oh he**! Yes it was. I just can't stop trying to educate.

Hazmat
April 4th, 2010, 07:37 AM
Unless he is the biggest, baddest, strongest, smartest male cat in your area, without neutering, he is a dead cat.

Sew-sew-steve
April 4th, 2010, 08:01 AM
SSS ~ not sure why you'd rather not as you seem like a pretty intelligent and caring person. Please don't tell me it's a "guy thing".

Neutering your male means no risk of testicular cancer. A non-existent interest in mating means a reduced interest in roaming and a lesser likelihood of fighting with other toms over a female. The reduced aggression that comes with neutering also means less interest in fighting over territory. A neutered male also means he will be less likely to spray urine in the house and be more interested in grooming.

There are MANY reasons to neuter your cat. The 4 million cats and dogs who are euthanized in shelters each and every year in the United States alone is just one of them. To quote my friend Jim Hall, "if you want a no-kill community, you have to be a no-birth nation".

i was just warry about the whole thing, never really knew its pros or its cons (except for the obvious stuff.)

i do plan to get it neutered now after reading your post.

and to answer your question, i accidently put my age on here instead of his. thanks for pointing it out lol, its fixed now.

Sew-sew-steve
April 4th, 2010, 08:13 AM
i judge his age by the size he was when i had him. i know newborns dont open their eyes right away, but this guy was dehydrated and starving. plus the heat in Kuwait is hard to handle for animals.
but to answer your question, we did bottle feed him for a while, got him baby food (for cats ofcourse) and put warm water in it so he could consume it.
i did some reading here and there. he would wool suck a lot even when he was full. he doesnt do it much now, because i push his head away, but he'd do it if he was hungry or w.e. dont worry though, his bowl is ALWAYS full.

also, i pointed out that the word "few" was a typo. i ment to say that i'd find him growling near the door a few times. i then let him out wanting to know what he was growling about. FYI he was the first cat in our neighbourhood. there isnt many cats, but quite recently they've been emerging. thats why i let him out in the first place, otherwise, i wouldnt let him out on any occasion, unless supervised. i give my family lots of grief for letting him out at any time, because i'm well aware that he could come accross disease's. i also dont want him in/near garbage. its just that my father sometimes forgets to close the door, or the cat sneaks out while hes opening the door. as soon as i know i go and make sure he comes back inside.

I would assume seeing as his nipples look bitten that he has a pretty severe case of fleas. That is normally what flea bites make nipples look. BUT - we are not vets. He needs to see one desperately!

i dont agree 100%, mainly because im sure i could see the flees, but i never seen flees before. and i've checked several times. but then again, maybe i cant see them. he does scratch under his jaw though.

Why does he insist? He insists because he is an unneutered male cat and that is what unneutered male cats do. They insist that they be the boss of all they survey. Yes, completely normal. Unfortunate but normal. And, may I add, a simple operation can stop it.

ok, so its the hormones.

If you can give me three good reasons why you are not planning on getting your male cat fixed I may go along with it. But you would have to make those reasons really really good. Please don't tell me it's a male ego thing. Is your cat a show cat? Is he a certain breed that is very desirable to people? Does he have certain qualities you think people would want in their cat? Are you ready to face the responsibility of having a large tom cat around that will spray, that will continue to fight, that will want to dominate every other cat in the area?
An unneutered male cat can impregnate every single unfixed female cat he comes across in a night. At this point you are probably saying Yeah!! Way to go Sew! Don't! Because in doing so he could also be passing on genetic abnormalities. He could also be picking up lots of wonderful diseases. Most will eventually kill him. :( At the same time he is fighting every other Tom for a chance at those females. That is why he is coming home injured. Did you know every bite he gets he is also getting the saliva of the cat that bit him? Did you know every scratch he gets has a chance of being severely infected? If not treated promptly then each and every bite can lead to his death as well.
I know you love your cat. I can tell by the way you speak about him. So please get him fixed. There are so so many reasons why that is a good idea. A lot of them have already been mentioned by other members. It's a simple straightforward operation. He recovers quickly. He will be so much more happy and content to stay at home and not roam.
Please do some research on the number of cats that are euthanized due to overpopulation alone. Please do the responsible thing and get SSS fixed. He will thank you. As would I.
Sorry this has turned into a lecture. Not intended to be. Oh he**! Yes it was. I just can't stop trying to educate.

i dont really have any reasons, i just didnt really think about it. ill have you know this is my first cat, so im learning a lot as things progress. i do plan on getting him neautered though.

i know you're passionate about animals, but you need to take it down just a notch. remember, im WITH SSS not against him.

Winston
April 4th, 2010, 08:40 AM
Welcome to the site! Boy what a way to learn about your first cat! First off when you joined you probably read somewhere that this is a pro spay and neauter site but maybe you just missed it. There are many members here that are heavily involved in rescue and the health and well being of pets and animals in general. Since this is your fist cat I think if you stick around long enough you will learn a ton from the members here.

First and formost please dont let your cat outside! The reasons you have already dealt with are one side of it but there is another.......your little man is contributing to the unwanted pet population...:( if you only knew how many unwanted kitties are killed everyday because lets face it...there are not enough homes out there and wayyyy to many kitties. Your little man when neutered will most likely have a better over all personality too because he is not being motivated by his hormones.!

The biggest reason I keep my cats inside is because I could never go outside and have to pick my cat up off the road because its been hit by a car! I have had to call for cats that have been hit and its a horrible feeling! what a way to go! and just because the neow and whine doesnt mean you have to let them out. You menitoned other family members letting your guy out. Could you set him up in your bedroom while your not hoem whith his litter box, food and maybe a little spot for him to lay on? if you have a window he may enjoy checking it out! This way your have control of where he is? they dont miss it really? I have 2 cats that have not been outside and they are perfectly well adjusted cats.

If finances are an issue regarding the neutering please look in the area you live for a low cost spay and neuter clinic...its not alot of money and males are much easier to do than females!

Enough for now...how about a picture of your little man?

Cheers

Cindy

mummummum
April 4th, 2010, 08:53 AM
i know you're passionate about animals, but you need to take it down just a notch. remember, im WITH SSS not against him.

Really? I thought we were rather gentle with you.

Please appreciate that we get a lot of trolls here who like nothing better than to bait members with details exactly like that of your situation. Being a 1/ holiday weekend and 2/ spring break your post seemed to be 'right on time". I'm glad to hear you are not a troll!

So, I take it that YOU are twenty and not your cat (thanks for correcting your profile). And please DO post some pictures of your beastie.

Sew-sew-steve
April 4th, 2010, 09:07 AM
Welcome to the site! Boy what a way to learn about your first cat! First off when you joined you probably read somewhere that this is a pro spay and neauter site but maybe you just missed it. There are many members here that are heavily involved in rescue and the health and well being of pets and animals in general. Since this is your fist cat I think if you stick around long enough you will learn a ton from the members here.

First and formost please dont let your cat outside! The reasons you have already dealt with are one side of it but there is another.......your little man is contributing to the unwanted pet population...:( if you only knew how many unwanted kitties are killed everyday because lets face it...there are not enough homes out there and wayyyy to many kitties. Your little man when neutered will most likely have a better over all personality too because he is not being motivated by his hormones.!

yes i understand, about 3 days ago i found a box with about 5 or so kittens in it. all about a few days old. poor guys. some of them had cement on half of their body. not enough to disable physical movement. but by the looks of it. they had rolled over and somehow pebbles got stuck on them. anyhow, i got what i could, and gave them regular milk with an eye drop squeezer-thing. (yes i know its not made for them, but in the situation what else could i have done? they're mother was no where, and the box was moved around according to my cousin who had seen it before me) anyhow, i put them back after they all had a few drops or so, they all cuddled together, and i put them back where i found em (didnt want to give them too much, i mean, they werent exactly inlove with it.) later on the next day, the whole box was gone.

The biggest reason I keep my cats inside is because I could never go outside and have to pick my cat up off the road because its been hit by a car! I have had to call for cats that have been hit and its a horrible feeling! what a way to go! and just because the neow and whine doesnt mean you have to let them out. You menitoned other family members letting your guy out. Could you set him up in your bedroom while your not hoem whith his litter box, food and maybe a little spot for him to lay on? if you have a window he may enjoy checking it out! This way your have control of where he is? they dont miss it really? I have 2 cats that have not been outside and they are perfectly well adjusted cats.

we used to keep him inside with us, he even had his own couch. but my mom has had a history with allergies. her doctor told her any hairs from any animal will increase the allergies. so shes not allergic to the cat, but the cat hairs add to it. well actually, whats IN the cat hairs adds to it.

If finances are an issue regarding the neutering please look in the area you live for a low cost spay and neuter clinic...its not alot of money and males are much easier to do than females!

Enough for now...how about a picture of your little man?

sure thing! ill get right on that, in the meantime, you can see what he looks like in my avatar. yes, thats him if you were wondering :).

Cheers

Cindy

thank you cindy

Sew-sew-steve
April 4th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Really? I thought we were rather gentle with you.

Please appreciate that we get a lot of trolls here who like nothing better than to bait members with details exactly like that of your situation. Being a 1/ holiday weekend and 2/ spring break your post seemed to be 'right on time". I'm glad to hear you are not a troll!

So, I take it that YOU are twenty and not your cat (thanks for correcting your profile). And please DO post some pictures of your beastie.

no not all of you. i ment 14+kitties specifically.
yes he/she was helpful, but it felt like he/she was almost mad.

yes im 20 lol.

i have put his picture as my avatar, in the mean time ill be uploading his pictures and linking them to this post.

Sew-sew-steve
April 4th, 2010, 09:42 AM
heres a lot of pictures:

this was his late 6th month:

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb202/bws001/Image023.jpg

this was him about 7 months old. it was when he was semi-inside. we have a room thats unfurnished. so we let him chill there when we first brought him. he stayed there the longest, but now that we're going to furnish it, he cant stay there.

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb202/bws001/03122009040-1.jpg

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb202/bws001/03122009041.jpg yawn

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb202/bws001/03122009047.jpg yawn

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb202/bws001/03122009052.jpg

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb202/bws001/gc.jpg

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb202/bws001/Image002.jpg

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb202/bws001/Image014.jpg

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb202/bws001/Image013.jpg

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb202/bws001/Image012.jpg camera shy

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb202/bws001/Image011.jpg

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb202/bws001/Image008.jpg

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb202/bws001/Image007.jpg avatar

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb202/bws001/Image006.jpg

this one was in the middle. we'd put him in the unfinished room and let him laydown on us while watching tv.(when i say unfinished i mean its empty, no tools, paints, w.e around, its completely empty.)

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb202/bws001/Image016.jpg

this is when he was inside with us, at about 8 months:

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb202/bws001/20100121365.jpg

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb202/bws001/20100121358.jpg

as you can see, he's got a nice little belly there.

14+kitties
April 4th, 2010, 10:32 AM
no not all of you. i ment 14+kitties specifically.
yes he/she was helpful, but it felt like he/she was almost mad.

Well, seeing as you pointed me out - let me tell you a bit about what I see. I see a title that says - My cat gets brutally beat up. Next I see - i let him outside a few times because he was standing at the door growling and meoing at me to open the door. so i do. Then it's corrected to - I only let him out once. My brother let him out once. My dad has the door open and he gets out. Then I read - no i havent neutered him. i dont really plan to either, i know he would calm down in many ways. but i'd rather not.

As MX3 mentioned the majority of people on this site are pro spay/neuter. So when someone comes on and says I don't really plan on it because I'd rather not then yep, I may get a little het up. I don't "get mad". Because I really was trying to educate. Had I known this was your first cat and that you were 20 I would have approached things a little differently. But, I go by what I read.

Now - a little about what I do. I have had numerous pets over the years, all fixed except one. For the last four years my life has revolved around cats. Lots of cats. In the last two years alone I have had slightly over 50 cats s/n on my own dime. Granted I found a wonderful rescue so my costs are greatly reduced but still..... I will take other people's cats with me when going so that they can benefit from the reduced costs. I do this to help control the cat population as much as I can because I hate reading about the millions of cats being put down yearly simply because there are no homes for them.
Currently I have a sanctuary that houses 29 cats. I have another 8 in my home. There are other strays that come and go that I am trying to trap so they can be fixed. They get fed too. I work to pay for everything for these cats. Not much is left over at the end of the week once their food is bought to help pay vet costs and my other bills.
So, when I see someone come on and say - I don't plan on getting him fixed - mmmm, I may get a little excited. But never ever mad. If you took it that way I apologize.
Now - the bitten nipple thing - you don't necessarily "see" fleas. If you take your kitty to the vet I am sure he will let you know what is going on.

One more thing - you mentioned in your last post he has a nice little belly. Have you ever given him worm medication to get rid of the tape worms, round worms and/or pin worms he most probably has?

Sew-sew-steve
April 4th, 2010, 12:05 PM
Well, seeing as you pointed me out - let me tell you a bit about what I see. I see a title that says - My cat gets brutally beat up. Next I see - i let him outside a few times because he was standing at the door growling and meoing at me to open the door. so i do. Then it's corrected to - I only let him out once. My brother let him out once. My dad has the door open and he gets out. Then I read - no i havent neutered him. i dont really plan to either, i know he would calm down in many ways. but i'd rather not.

did you also read me saying that i now plan on neutering him? guess not.

As MX3 mentioned the majority of people on this site are pro spay/neuter. So when someone comes on and says I don't really plan on it because I'd rather not then yep, I may get a little het up. I don't "get mad". Because I really was trying to educate. Had I known this was your first cat and that you were 20 I would have approached things a little differently. But, I go by what I read.

like i said, i know your passionate, but you just came on a tad too strong.

Now - a little about what I do. I have had numerous pets over the years, all fixed except one. For the last four years my life has revolved around cats. Lots of cats. In the last two years alone I have had slightly over 50 cats s/n on my own dime. Granted I found a wonderful rescue so my costs are greatly reduced but still..... I will take other people's cats with me when going so that they can benefit from the reduced costs. I do this to help control the cat population as much as I can because I hate reading about the millions of cats being put down yearly simply because there are no homes for them.
Currently I have a sanctuary that houses 29 cats. I have another 8 in my home. There are other strays that come and go that I am trying to trap so they can be fixed. They get fed too. I work to pay for everything for these cats. Not much is left over at the end of the week once their food is bought to help pay vet costs and my other bills.
So, when I see someone come on and say - I don't plan on getting him fixed - mmmm, I may get a little excited. But never ever mad. If you took it that way I apologize.

its alright, like i said, i know your passionate. i like animals a lot too. i dont like seeing animals go to waste. if i could, i would bring them home, but its not my home to do what i want, so thats for future talk.
but i do what i can, i mean i did take sew-sew-steve in. i do pull over the road to pick up cats that have been hit by cars on my way to/from work.

Now - the bitten nipple thing - you don't necessarily "see" fleas. If you take your kitty to the vet I am sure he will let you know what is going on.

One more thing - you mentioned in your last post he has a nice little belly. Have you ever given him worm medication to get rid of the tape worms, round worms and/or pin worms he most probably has?

no actually, i havent. im guessing i can get that from the vet? here in kuwait theres not much going for animals. lots of street cats, theres street dogs too. though the cats exceed dogs in numbers and locations. dogs, more in distant places from the capital. so its kinda hard to find things here. if i was back in nova scotia, im pretty sure everything would be a lot easier, i mean, your local groceory store has an isle just for animals. i tried going to the vet, but it was shut down and closed. so now im asking around for another vet, to see where it is so i can take SSS.

i hope I didnt come off too strong. i do appreciate you giving me information about my cat. :)

Winston
April 4th, 2010, 12:39 PM
We are all passionate and sometimes the way things are written make you wonder. But now that we have that part cleared up are you able to set SSK stay in your room while your not there? it will also keep him from roaming the house if your mom has issues with his dander? Are there locations in Kuwait that you can take him for a check up and a neuter?

Oh my I just went and checked out his pics! he is gorgeous! he looks so happy just chillin there! I missed the part about the room ...sorry...
Cindy

Sew-sew-steve
April 4th, 2010, 01:03 PM
hey cindy, yes i understand that the way i wrote stuff may not have been very....consistent. but i usually go to sleep between 8-10PM. and i wake up at 5:30 am. when i first posted it was about 12. so i was really out of it.

i appologize for that.

anyhow. my mom doesnt want me to bring it in at all, she cant handle it. doctor told her ANY animal in the house will add to it. so its really hard.

there is a place though to do it in kuwait, but its about a 20 minute drive from my house. im waiting to get my paycheck so i can then take him. thats about in 20 days. all i can do now is wait.

i actually tell my mom to let him in my room, but she doesnt allow me.

Winston
April 4th, 2010, 01:21 PM
So your kitty is outside all the time then right? thats too bad...maybe if you show your mom how you will have it set up and that you will be sure to be the one to clean your room and not her? do you think your mom maybe thinks your not serious about taking care of him? somtimes different cats have different affects on people ? some dont bother you as much as others if that makes sense? or maybe she would agree to a trial period to see if having him your room affects her? if it does then maybe you could look into a rescue group that might take him in? its a rough life for cat on the streets you know? what do you think ?

Cindy

Sew-sew-steve
April 4th, 2010, 01:52 PM
So your kitty is outside all the time then right? thats too bad...maybe if you show your mom how you will have it set up and that you will be sure to be the one to clean your room and not her? do you think your mom maybe thinks your not serious about taking care of him? somtimes different cats have different affects on people ? some dont bother you as much as others if that makes sense? or maybe she would agree to a trial period to see if having him your room affects her? if it does then maybe you could look into a rescue group that might take him in? its a rough life for cat on the streets you know? what do you think ?

Cindy

well cindy, technically he is outside, but not outside per se.

we have a.... whats it called. well... the houses here have their peremetres(sp.?) and within the peremetres is the house. the house doesnt take up the whole peremetre, theres still space left over. so theres walls built around each house that exactly how big the peremetre is. that cat is outside the house, but between the walls and the house. so no animal will get in. unless the front gate is open. which is why he gets let out. say we leave the door open cause we need to get something from the car etc...etcc... and next thing you know stevie is out and about.

so thats why i dont seem so worried about him being outside, because he's not exactly exposed with other cats. but he goes nuts cause he smells them from inside the house, but here hes outside. so its almost like they are infront of him. when i first heard him growl i didnt know what it was, until i let him out.

sew-sew actually loves my mom too. from time to time my mom opens the house door and she goes "sew sew! how you doing? what do you want..." etc... etc.. and he runs over meowing. he trusts her more then me, and yet i am the one taking care of him lol. she does check up on him. when he was a baby she let hhim inside, he was growing on us. even grew on my dad. but because my mom re-developed her allergie, the cat had to go. im sorry, but the wellbeing of my mother comes before my cat, no matter what.

anyhow, he's in a position where patience is ok, he's not being harmed, he still looks the same in the pictures, almost 100% healed back. but thats from the outside.

excuse my grammar, its about time i got some shut eye, im feeling really drowzy. i really appreciate everyones input. i've learned a lot from just communication with you guys. thanks again.

ancientgirl
April 4th, 2010, 01:58 PM
While I understand you are in a country where there isn't much as you said in care for a cat, but you've had him since he was about a month and a half, and not 8 or 9 months later you still haven't taken him to the vet?

Sew-sew-steve
April 4th, 2010, 02:04 PM
well, when we first discovered him, it was walking back and forth transferring our stuff from our apartment to the trucks that would take them to our new house. his age dictates how long we've been living in this house. so when we took him, it was at the end of the day, quite busy... all scatter heads really. takes about a good month getting used to the house, so thats one. i still didnt have my license or money to do it, and most certainly my parents werent gonna give me money for it. they arent really educated on it, i mean, if it looks normal theres nothing to worry about, what can you do? its what their generation has taught them. they are most certainly not at fault though. anyhow, about 5 months into his life i got my license. now i dont have money to take him, so all i could do was wait. since i didnt get my job with my license, you add in the amount of time jobless (around two months). i've also been working at my job for about 2 1/2 months now, not counting this month. so you can add that to his age, thats around 8 1/2 months. this off the top of my head. but as you can see it adds up with his age, and not everythings been convenient. i've been buying him food, and thats the most important thing. hopefully this month i can set some money aside to go and atleast get him checked up and given some medicine.

cassiek
April 4th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Just want to say hope all goes well for SSS, and you are able to get him into a vet to be looked at very soon. :fingerscr

SSS, I'm glad to hear you plan on neutering your kitty. As 14+ and MX3 mentioned, this forum is very pro spay/neuter. Alot of us here are involved with rescues in some form or another, and have seen the harsh and sad reality of the cat - and dog - over population in the world and have watched many wonderful, perfectly healthy animals be PTS simply because there is not enough homes for them all. :cry:

I'm delighted your planning on neutering him, and hope you will stick around this board to learn more. The members on here have so much wonderful technical knowledge and experience, and are very caring individuals. :lovestruck: We may come off a little strong at times, but its not our intent to scare anyone away; but yes we are passionate about what we do and I'm glad you can appreciate that. :)

Best of luck!

Sew-sew-steve
April 5th, 2010, 08:34 AM
thanks a bunch for the wonderful message. i will definetly learn from this forum and i will definetly not be shy when it comes to asking questions. you've all been very helpful, thanks a bunch!

Winston
April 5th, 2010, 09:14 AM
Do you think he would take to some type of shelter built for him? where he can eat and sleep and be comfy? maybe you could look into building something of your own that wont be too espensive and at the very least your getting him neutered and that will help him alot! :thumbs up

14+kitties
April 5th, 2010, 01:51 PM
We are all passionate and sometimes the way things are written make you wonder.

:confused::shrug: ???

mummummum
April 5th, 2010, 01:59 PM
We are all passionate and sometimes the way things are written make you wonder.

A text-book example of same.

:confused:

Sew-sew-steve
April 6th, 2010, 10:03 AM
Do you think he would take to some type of shelter built for him? where he can eat and sleep and be comfy? maybe you could look into building something of your own that wont be too espensive and at the very least your getting him neutered and that will help him alot! :thumbs up

well, the thing is. he IS safe within the peremetre of the house.
there is lots of room for him to run around in, aaand, well... he's a semi-indoor and semi-outdoor cat. hes very dependant on us too. so i cant really release him (even after i neuter him) even though it was the initial intention. you know, help him grow till he can fend for himself and release him. but he grew on me.

back to the main issue. if i build a shelter and put him in it, he wouldnt have as much room to run around in, he'd meow too much, and i'd feel like im caging him.

to be honest. if i would go as far as to build a shelter, i'd just go ahead and get what i've wanted since i was 6. a dog. a GSD to be specific.
i'd but the dog in the shelter when its time to sleep, or when the sun sets. and in the morning i'd chill with him and play, walk, scare the neighbourhood kids (:P just kidding , i swear i swear!), take him around in my car (but not leave him in it while im working for 8 hours. that would be bad. speaking of which, how long is too long?), train him, the whole nine yards.

Sew-sew-steve
April 6th, 2010, 10:09 AM
:confused::shrug: ???

i believe she was talking about the angle in which i approached each post. i wasnt entirely clear, and i ALMOST seemed to sway back and forth, because i wasnt telling things in chronological order. so in sense, i was almost contradicting myself.

i believe this to be the reason as to why we got off on the wrong foot.

Marcha
April 6th, 2010, 11:03 AM
Hi SewSewSteve, I used to live in Jabriya, later in Salmiya. I was only a teenager at the time (back in the early 80s), but I have fond memories of my years there.

I don't know how long you've been in Kuwait, or whether you are a Kuwaiti or only there temporarily. The majority of the members here are in Canada. Please understand there is a difference in approach (both board members and SewSewSteve) to caring for cats and dogs in different cultures. Having cats in Kuwait is entirely different culturally than having cats in North America. Of course we don't feel different about a cat in Kuwait than we feel about a cat in Canada. Cats are cats, and we will approach the topic of a cat (or a dog, or any pet for that matter) with the cultural glasses that we wear here. I hope that the members here can appreciate that the cultural glasses in Kuwait are different, and allow for a bit of acceptance of those differences, perhaps by asking questions rather than making firm statements.

I do hope that you'll be able to get your cat looked at by a vet soon, and perhaps you can get the cat neutered at the same time so that that is off the table. Not just for your cat's sake, but for all cats' sake. If your cat should ever be outside again, you wouldn't want him to create more stray cats that will live under dire conditions and often die of starvation, nasty illnesses and gruesome wounds. The other thing is that a wounded cat is, per definition, prey for other cats. Healthy cats will go after the sick. If your cat has an infection, whether or not you can see it, other cats will go after your cat again. Again, it would be in the best interest of your cat to get veterinary care for it as soon as possible. If your cat requires antibiotics, it will need to stay inside for the duration, as again, other cats will sense its weakness, and the antibiotics will destroy its natural immunity.

I understand the bind you are in, with wanting to keep the cat indoors, and your mother's intolerance to his presence. Are you in a residential area, or in the city in an apartment? Of course that will make a difference to the amount of space you'd have for an enclosure if that is the route you'd want to take. It will probably be best to have a temporary enclosure while your cat heals and regains its strength, if the cat cannot be inside while he is recovering. Maybe you can arrange with your mother and any other family members that there is one room where the cat stays until it is strong again.

Keeping a cat in a small, confined space such as a larger enclosure or a single room is not cruel if it is recovering. Allowing the cat to be prey is lethal. I know you'll do what you can to the best of your ability.

mummummum
April 6th, 2010, 11:10 AM
i believe this to be the reason as to why we got off on the wrong foot.

THAT is why we have four paws and nine lives kiddo! :D

Love4himies
April 6th, 2010, 11:22 AM
I have been following this thread and haven't known how to respond, but after reading Marcha's so well written one I think I would like to add some of my thoughts.

I hope you follow through with getting your kitty neutered as soon as you can, that, along with love, is just about the greatest gift you can give your cat. Your cat will no longer have the strong scent of a male cat which attracts other males to fight him off his territory or to fight other males to keep them off, keeping him healthier :fingerscr. He will no longer have the urge to seek out females in heat and will have a tendency to stay closer to home, keeping him safer :pray:. You will eliminate him impregnating females, reducing the number of cats who will die a horrid death out on the street :cry: :( :rip:, thus showing your love for the cat species.

Your kitty acts on instinct, mainly controlled by hormones, even knowing it is not in his best interest, but he just can't reason as you or I do. You, as his guardian, should do what is in his best interest, not what he THINKS is what he should do. It would like a mother allowing their young children to do and eat what they want to, not what is best for them.

Good luck and by the way, your kitty is beautiful :cloud9:.

14+kitties
April 6th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Marcha - in all due respect - I am almost positive somewhere in this thread the Sew Sew Steve mentioned he is from Nova Scotia (post #24)which means there is no cultural differences between him and anyone else from Canada. :shrug: I had no way of knowing he was living in Kuwait. That never came up till later.

I also do not believe I, seeing as it is me that is the heavy here, approached him any differently than I did anyone else coming on here making the statements that were made. As a good friend of mine says, I shoot from the hip. Sorry I don't sugar coat. With me it's WYSIWYG. So sorry.

Now, let's get over this (I believe we already had) and try to help this kitty. SSS is moving in the right direction. I am very happy with that. :thumbs up

mummummum
April 6th, 2010, 11:32 AM
I didn't think you came on any heavier than did I 14+ and I agree we should put this to bed.

14+kitties
April 6th, 2010, 11:34 AM
I didn't think you came on any heavier than did I 14+ and I agree we should put this to bed.

Thank you. :grouphug:

Love4himies
April 6th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Marcha - in all due respect - I am almost positive somewhere in this thread the Sew Sew Steve mentioned he is from Nova Scotia (post #24)which means there is no cultural differences between him and anyone else from Canada. :shrug: I had no way of knowing he was living in Kuwait. That never came up till later.

I also do not believe I, seeing as it is me that is the heavy here, approached him any differently than I did anyone else coming on here making the statements that were made. As a good friend of mine says, I shoot from the hip. Sorry I don't sugar coat. With me it's WYSIWYG. So sorry.

Now, let's get over this (I believe we already had) and try to help this kitty. SSS is moving in the right direction. I am very happy with that. :thumbs up

I didn't think so either, and to tell you the truth, I didn't answer, well, ummm, because I just wanted to well, ummmm, SCREAM at the OP :o and I needed to walk away many times. It was only after reading he was in Kuwait, that I softened :o

Marcha
April 6th, 2010, 12:02 PM
I wasn't singling anyone out about their opinions, 14+ and M3. I was also talking about the housing situation and the 'at large' kitty population (which would be 99% strays, in varying states of health and illness). Like SSS said, there is an area where the cat can be outside without being exposed to other cats/animals. The majority of residential houses and duplexes are built with a large wall around it, often with a yard surrounding the house, or the house built around a courtyard - and THEN there's a large wall that surrounds the property. This kind of house is NOT common in North America, and SSS explained how the cat could be outside but not 'at large'. While such a situation where the cat is outside *within* the walls is not ideal while it's not neutered, and possibly ill, it's better than it being beyond the walls where it is more prone to being attacked or caught in a territorial dispute.

I understand there was no initial mention of SSS living in Kuwait, and I didn't notice (thanks for pointing it out) where SSS mentioned he lived in Novia Scotia. But again, I was not addressing anyone in particular about their opinions, nor any opinion itself. Just that there *are* cultural variations that we don't necessarily bear in mind when reading posts, however much or little is presented. Even if SSS is a Canadian citizen, we do not know whether his parents are Canadian-born (which would influence his own beliefs, norms and values around pet care), whether SSS was raised with Canadian norms and values around cat-care/ownership, or how his current environment would respond to certain behaviours around pet care and ownership. As an example, one of my friends, from Morocco, laughed uncontrollably and with major disbelief when she saw people walking their dogs. Dogs, leashed, and often people FOLLOWING a dog?? What kind of culture had she arrived in?? In this case, she'd arrived in the Netherlands. We cannot presume to know the background of every poster who comes here, and we cannot presume that every poster here can implement Canadian norms and values in their pet-care. Hence my request to keep an open mind regarding the options that are available to SSS within a cultural preset.

14+kitties
April 6th, 2010, 12:11 PM
While I respect the issues you have brought up Marcha I will not change the way I respond to people. If we have to start thinking about cultural differences (without it being glaringly obvious) or where people may be from or their ascendants' origins then how are we to be able to help anyone who comes here asking for help? My answers will stay the same. :shrug:
I feel my biggest contribution is to help make people aware of the cat over poplution and the need to s/n. If I sometimes come off sounding harsh then so be it. Life for these poor cats is harsh too.

Marcha
April 6th, 2010, 12:13 PM
That is just fine, 14+. :)

mummummum
April 6th, 2010, 12:19 PM
We cannot presume to know the background of every poster who comes here, and we cannot presume that every poster here can implement Canadian norms and values in their pet-care. Hence my request to keep an open mind...

:thumbs up. If my mind were any more open I'd have to light up the Vacancy sign. :D

Sew-sew-steve
April 6th, 2010, 12:23 PM
If your cat requires antibiotics, it will need to stay inside for the duration, as again, other cats will sense its weakness, and the antibiotics will destroy its natural immunity.
you mean, if it was EXPOSED to the other cats that its natural immunity would be broken down, or if it was within the courtyard?(thats the word i couldnt put my finger on)

I understand the bind you are in, with wanting to keep the cat indoors, and your mother's intolerance to his presence. Are you in a residential area, or in the city in an apartment? Of course that will make a difference to the amount of space you'd have for an enclosure if that is the route you'd want to take. It will probably be best to have a temporary enclosure while your cat heals and regains its strength, if the cat cannot be inside while he is recovering. Maybe you can arrange with your mother and any other family members that there is one room where the cat stays until it is strong again.

honestly think hes fine in the courtyard, its just that he runs out, i mean, its better then being outside as you state later on.

Keeping a cat in a small, confined space such as a larger enclosure or a single room is not cruel if it is recovering. Allowing the cat to be prey is lethal. I know you'll do what you can to the best of your ability.[/QUOTE]

but he'll cry a lot lol.
we used to have it in the duwaneeya (guy greeting area) but even then, its a hassle, anddd, my mom still cant handle it.

anyhow, i reaaaaallllyyy realllllyyy appreciate you posting marcha, you seemed to do something i couldnt (due to my timing)... being clear. i appreciate you honouring us with your knowledge :)

the funny thing is, in that same post, i mentioned i was living in kuwait. also, there is big cultural differences despite me growing up in canada.

eh, dont worry about it, its jus the type of person you are, i can deal. i mean that in a none offensive way.

thanks!

While such a situation where the cat is outside *within* the walls is not ideal while it's not neutered, and possibly ill, it's better than it being beyond the walls where it is more prone to being attacked or caught in a territorial dispute.

so, in general, if it was given a shot, and medically speaking it was 100%. it being in the courtyard isnt good? or would it be alright?

I understand there was no initial mention of SSS living in Kuwait, and I didn't notice (thanks for pointing it out) where SSS mentioned he lived in Novia Scotia. But again, I was not addressing anyone in particular about their opinions, nor any opinion itself. QUOTE]

was i really that unclear? :S

[QUOTE=Love4himies;905529] I didn't think so either, and to tell you the truth, I didn't answer, well, ummm, because I just wanted to well, ummmm, SCREAM at the OP :o and I needed to walk away many times. It was only after reading he was in Kuwait, that I softened :o

thanks for softening the blow lol

mummummum
April 6th, 2010, 12:33 PM
[COLOR="blue"]thanks for softening the blow lol

They send me when they need an :crazy::evil: enforcer.

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Sew-sew-steve
April 6th, 2010, 12:36 PM
They send me when they need an :crazy::evil: enforcer.

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

on the contrary, they send you when they need someone to lighten up the mood! :lightbulb:

Marcha
April 6th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Antibiotics kill ALL bacteria - good and bad. Any bacteria can then invade the body and attack it without hindrance. Lizards, spiders, rodents... all carry bacteria, and there will be naturally occuring bacteria in the environment too. Restricting the cat's exposure as much as possible to any environmentally occuring bacteria is best.

With the entire immune system knocked out, the cat will have no means to ward off any bacteria that occur from fighting with other cats, whether he is attacked or the attacker, whether it is because he's prey (he's weak), or whether it is because he is territorial in his youthful assertions. So if the vet gives antibiotics, you will need to take this into account - and be extra vigilant that the cat isn't let outside the gate.

Has your mother always been allergic to cats/pets? Or is it this cat that she's responding so strongly to? I'm sorry to hear that she's so sensitive to the allergy that she reacts even if the cat is in the part of the house where she doesn't come at all.

I am a bit envious of you. I would LOVE to return to Kuwait, even if it is for a holiday to experience it again, or to show my children where I used to live. Kuwait was a crucial part of the years in which I developed my sense of self and individuality. Even talking about the walls around houses - I had a guinea pig that came with us to Kuwait, and it lived in the courtyard.

Keep us updated on what options you have for your cat and your visit to the vet. There are many experienced cat owners and rescuers here, who can help with many aspects of cat health and behaviour if you require it.

Winston
April 6th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Sew Sew Steve so glad your still hanging out with the pets.ca group!

Thanks for sticking up for me regarding the comment made earlier in your post. As you will see if you stick around long enough you have to be very careful what is said and how it is said here. I am glad you understood what I was saying and yes you hit the nail on the head when you answered for me!

I am not here to insult anyone only to help out when I can. I honestly didnt think this thread would be picked apart again??? thought we all manged to get through the confusion. :shrug:

Sew-sew-steve
April 6th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Antibiotics kill ALL bacteria - good and bad. Any bacteria can then invade the body and attack it without hindrance. Lizards, spiders, rodents... all carry bacteria, and there will be naturally occuring bacteria in the environment too. Restricting the cat's exposure as much as possible to any environmentally occuring bacteria is best.

ok, so i basically qurantine(sp.?) it? this is harder than i imagined.

With the entire immune system knocked out, the cat will have no means to ward off any bacteria that occur from fighting with other cats, whether he is attacked or the attacker, whether it is because he's prey (he's weak), or whether it is because he is territorial in his youthful assertions. So if the vet gives antibiotics, you will need to take this into account - and be extra vigilant that the cat isn't let outside the gate.

ONE more time. i CANT leave him in the courtyard with antibiotics because of the natural occuring bacteria in the hoosh(courtyard).

Has your mother always been allergic to cats/pets? Or is it this cat that she's responding so strongly to? I'm sorry to hear that she's so sensitive to the allergy that she reacts even if the cat is in the part of the house where she doesn't come at all.

shes had a case of allergies. this may sound weird, but she still doesnt know what it is, her body just gets all itchy. her doctor told her ANY animal in the house will increase her allergic reaction exponentially. "its not the CAT HAIR, but whats INSIDE the cat hair that gets you allergic" is what the doctor told her.

I am a bit envious of you. I would LOVE to return to Kuwait, even if it is for a holiday to experience it again, or to show my children where I used to live. Kuwait was a crucial part of the years in which I developed my sense of self and individuality. Even talking about the walls around houses - I had a guinea pig that came with us to Kuwait, and it lived in the courtyard.

like wise, despite knowing nova scotia is mostly overlooked when it comes to beautiful places. i'd love to go to vancouver, i've seen some pictures thinking "Where on earth is this" and next thing i know, i read "vancouver B.C."
the funny thing is, you've lived in kuwait in your teens, and i've lived in canada during mine, both of us have in a sense "developed" who we are during a period in which we lived in a foreign country. i will never forget that canada is where i developed my independent thinking. kuwait has changed a lot since the 80's! especially since the gulf war! you should come visit!

Keep us updated on what options you have for your cat and your visit to the vet. There are many experienced cat owners and rescuers here, who can help with many aspects of cat health and behaviour if you require it.

sure thing. oh, starting now. heres an update. i discovered that there is a female cat two houses over named "brandy." the owners bought her(im guessing) from the friday market(flee market for kuwait except everything is there.) he told me to take it while crying because his dad told him to get rid of it. apparently, it pounced on his mom while she was praying, scaring her so much so that she started to cry. so knowing i have a cat, he comes crying to me holding brandy almost asking me for a solution with his eyes, though he didnt actually say it. brandy (who looks like a persian tinkerbell...i have NO idea if thats even a breed. its got a flat face, orange cat thats huge compared to mine) its quite popular among the other cats. i now understand why they all migrate towards our area, im guessing they want a female cat.

Marcha
April 6th, 2010, 01:36 PM
We all do the best we can - and if that means the cat needs to stay outside (within the walls), then that is what it is. You're doing what you can within the means available. It might not be ideal, but it's what works best given the circumstances. Or you might have a friend or a colleague who can take the cat for two weeks so that it can be indoors in a quiet room or something.

Brandy's presence does seem to point at a strong reason for male cats to have territorial fights in your area. Please do NOT be tempted to take Brandy though, specially since the chances are slim that she is spayed, and your cat is not neutered. You *will* have kittens within a few months if you allow them to be together. You might be able to support your neighbour by asking around with friends or colleagues to see who wants a female cat (and giving strong hints that they'd want to get the cat spayed).

Sew-sew-steve
April 9th, 2010, 11:43 AM
Sew Sew Steve so glad your still hanging out with the pets.ca group!

Thanks for sticking up for me regarding the comment made earlier in your post. As you will see if you stick around long enough you have to be very careful what is said and how it is said here. I am glad you understood what I was saying and yes you hit the nail on the head when you answered for me!

I am not here to insult anyone only to help out when I can. I honestly didnt think this thread would be picked apart again??? thought we all manged to get through the confusion. :shrug:

im so glad you guys still havent kicked me out! :P jk.

how could i not stick around? i mean, you guys have said it many times... many pro's here, it would be crazy not to stick around!

i hope you keep tabs on this thread aswell! i'd love for you to stick around! :D

UPDATE:

unfortunately, sew sew steve left the house, he's in the neigbourhood (according to the kids.) which means he hasnt left for good.
i know cats can leave houses up to two weeks at a time.
this kinda sucks, seeing as how i decided that im gonna take him to the vet this month.
he usually doesnt stay out for more than one day. i mean, usually after a certain period of time, he's meowing at the front gate. so thats kinda weird. i guess he's "embracing" his wild side.

kids said they seen him standing at a certain location, around.... 100 metres from our house (thats down the street.)
key word being standing which is a good thing, means he's not dead. my dad said he hits the cats back now. i guess my dad accidently forgot to keep the cat out again :shrug: :(

i did take a spin around the block to look for him. it was a no show.
so ill take one tomorrow too.
im not worried about him moving around, just worried he'd eat from garbage, breed, or fight with other cats or even dogs. there is a few dogs near the scrap yards which is a few blocks down. now that more people have moved into the area, the dogs have migrated farther away.either way, im hoping all goes well.

im gonna leave out some food and water for him. im hoping it doesnt attract some unwanted guests.

cassiek
April 10th, 2010, 08:23 AM
"im not worried about him moving around, just worried he'd eat from garbage, breed, or fight with other cats or even dogs."

Yikes! :(

Here's praying your kitty returns healthy and safe, and has not mated with every other kitty on the block.

A trip to the vet ASAP to have him neutered once he returns will ensure if he gets out again that he will not add to the cat over population, and will likely help him from straying in the 1st place.

Keep us updated on what happens. Best of luck!

Sew-sew-steve
April 10th, 2010, 08:47 AM
thanks for the support.

i found out today from a friend that it costs around 30KD (kuwaiti dinars) to neuter a cat. he had a female cat. based on what i've been told, a male is easier, thus it should cost less. either way, 30kd it is. im gonna make sure i nueter him first, and get him cleaned up (medically) next month, seeing as how if i do get him medically cleaned up, he'd probably have more an urge to go around mating. but if i neuter him, he'll stay indoors. ill have him checked up though when i go get him neuter.