Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Missing Dogs

Henschke
September 1st, 2004, 11:52 PM
My parents are visiting Montreal (from BC) and had their truck stolen with their 2 dogs in it. One is a reddish pomeranian named Petey. The other is a brown pomeranian/terrier cross (about the size of a cat) named Monkey. They have been searching day and night since Monday and are hoping that someone has seen them or picked them up. If anyone has any information about the dogs, please, please let me know. My parents are devastated by their disappearance and I hope they don't have to leave Montreal without their 'babies'.

iRONKNiGHT
September 2nd, 2004, 12:43 AM
Yes here it is: Visitors crushed after truck and cherished dogs stolen
A couple from northern British Columbia who spent a month driving across Canada are distraught because their truck, with their two dogs inside, was stolen Monday.

I remember seeing this on the local "CFCF12" news.. the white truck..
can you please give a little more information.. like the Area where they were last Located? and a Phone number that anyone can call with any information?

OnlyInMyDreams
September 2nd, 2004, 01:51 AM
Im sorry for you misfortune, good luck on your search, I wish you all the luck I can conjure up.

badger
September 2nd, 2004, 11:06 AM
Just heard on the radio - just after noon here - dogs have been FOUND!

SSAC
September 2nd, 2004, 11:30 AM
Finally, some GOOD news :)

Cinnabear
September 2nd, 2004, 01:00 PM
Why do you people take things that do not belong to them? :mad: Those poor souls to go through this . What heart ache. I'm so glad that are found and giving back. :) What a trip for them.

iRONKNiGHT
September 2nd, 2004, 05:34 PM
yup the dog's have been found :)
Just view'ed the interview on CBC
that's Such GOOD news :)

chico2
September 2nd, 2004, 09:54 PM
A wonderful bed-time story,now I can go to bed :D nite all!!!

Henschke
September 3rd, 2004, 12:52 AM
What a happy day! The dogs have been found and my parents can return home with their 'babies'. They received overwhelming support from the people of Montreal and are grateful for all of the help they were given through this ordeal. Peace and love to you all.... :)

lauriem
September 7th, 2004, 10:15 AM
:mad: Hi,
I saw that on the CFCF news too, the dogs were left in the vehicle at the promenades St-Bruno on the south shore of montreal. When the owners came back to their vehicle , it and the dogs were missing. They searched and searched , then someone found them together at a park (I think it was a few days later).

First of all, I know this is a scray thing to happen, but why travel with your pets if you are going to put them at risk. I'm sure this was not the first time they left the dogs in a hot van, middle of summer, while they went shopping! It's not as if they were getting groceries (a necessity-even then one could wait inthe van with the dogs)! It's a huge mall! I can't believe that the people left the dogs in the van! Would it have been on the news if those 2 dogs had died of heat stroke? Animal protection would be right on that!

I don't feel sorry for the owners, I feel bad for the dogs. Sorry for being so harsh but it has been VERY recently hot outside, Never mind that they were in a black asphalt parking lot locked in a death trap. How long were they in that mall? Maybe they should thank the thiefs for letting the dogs out and not selling them, they were beautiful dogs? People still amaze me with their foolishness. But who am I to say how precious these dogs are to them.
I think they should have left them with a friend or a dogsitter, and I hope to God they learned a lesson through this horrible ordeal. Again sorry for being harsh.
Take care,
Laurie