Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Goodbye my darling, R.I.P Cassie...

Skyblue
April 1st, 2010, 01:02 AM
Hi

I wrote here 9 months ago about my 6 yo rottie Cassie diagnosed with bone cancer. Today we put her to sleep.

Some people said it is a miracle for her to live that long without the amputation (normally 3-4 months max) and I thought so too. We earned 6 extra months with her - we thought she wouldn't be able to make it to her birthday but she did, then we thought she probably wouldn't make it to Christmas and New Year but again she did it too. Just the last few weeks, she started to limp a lot and quieter than usual. And we knew it's time.

I still remember how devastated I was when the Vet told us (me and my hubby) the result back in June 2009. That was the darkest day of my life (so I thought) but today I felt nothing but heartache - it seems there is a big hole in my heart that beyond repair. I miss her so much already, her little wagging tail, her smiley face, her smell... I'm so afraid that I'll forget that one day.

Rest in peace my darling Cassie, run free with 4 good legs. I know you have strong spirit.

Kaz

growler~GateKeeper
April 1st, 2010, 01:21 AM
:rip: sweet :angel2: Cassie :candle: She is playing at the Rainbow Bridge (http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html) with those who've gone before :candle: :grouphug:

BenMax
April 1st, 2010, 08:51 AM
My thoughts are with you. Having once had a wonderful rottie myself (Ben) who was also diagnosed, I can relate.

Bless you Cassie. Enjoy your body whole once again.:angel:

Find Peace SkyBlue:grouphug:

hazelrunpack
April 1st, 2010, 09:47 AM
I'm so sorry, SkyBlue! :grouphug: Cassie was so well loved.

Treasure those memories. If you're afraid you'll forget, write them all down in a special journal to jog your memory--all those sweet little quirks and familiar habits, even the things that used to irk you. They're all part of her.

It can be very comforting to set it all on paper--and hard as it is to believe now, those memories will eventually bring a smile to your face and lighten your heart. :grouphug:

:candle: Cassie

doggy lover
April 1st, 2010, 11:11 AM
Sorry for your loss and yes you were lucky... I lost a dog to bone cancer 6 years ago and it was only a week from the diagnosis until he had to be pts.. He had started limping but being a large dog and over 9 it didn't worry me until you could see a lump on his front foot, in the end he wouldn't even walk on it. When we found out I just knew what it was and told the vet it was cancer xrays proved me right we were given pain meds for him and we layed him to rest a week later at our cottage where he loved to be. My thoughts are with you :angel2:

mummummum
April 1st, 2010, 11:18 AM
:grouphug:Skyblue. Losing your life's companion is devastating and my heart goes out to you and yours. May Cassie :candle: live on and run free in your heart's eye forever.

Frenchy
April 1st, 2010, 11:51 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss :(

:candle: for dear Cassie.

marko
April 1st, 2010, 01:10 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss Skyblue. :sorry:
:rip: Sweet Cassie :candle:

Sincerely,

Marko

CarolynInPEI
April 1st, 2010, 06:40 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss.

the gang
April 2nd, 2010, 07:41 AM
sorry to hear of your news ,:candle: brenda and the pins

Rottielover
April 2nd, 2010, 07:42 AM
I am so sorry for your loss, I too went through a loss at the same age as Cassie last year to this deadly disease.
:rip: sweet Cassie, Roxy will show you the way

Skyblue
April 2nd, 2010, 05:23 PM
Thank you everyone for your support. It's so nice to know that there are so many wonderful people out there still cares. Thank you for the kind words, they meant a lot to me.

Skyblue
April 2nd, 2010, 05:41 PM
I'm so sorry, SkyBlue! :grouphug: Cassie was so well loved.

Treasure those memories. If you're afraid you'll forget, write them all down in a special journal to jog your memory--all those sweet little quirks and familiar habits, even the things that used to irk you. They're all part of her.

It can be very comforting to set it all on paper--and hard as it is to believe now, those memories will eventually bring a smile to your face and lighten your heart. :grouphug:

:candle: Cassie

Hi hazelrunpack,
You're so right and thank you for the wonderful idea of putting a special journal for Cassie. I have started to organise some photos to scarpbook them - there are so many fond memories... And it is such a good distraction and I felt I'm doing the one very last thing for her. Besides, having a puppy (6 months old Rottie) running around keeps my mind busy too and I'm so grateful that my other dogs seem to be fine and no showing any sign of unhappiness or something.

Kaz