Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lost Cat in Dollard-des-Ormeaux, QC Since March 17, 2010

nscandar
March 29th, 2010, 12:12 AM
We have lost our cat Caramel on March 17th, 2010 in Dollard-des-Ormeaux, QC.
Caramel is a male cat of 10 months. He is Orange and White with semi-long hair. Medium size. He is neutered, but not declawed. He was not wearing his collar when he went out in the morning of March 17th.
If you have seen or found Caramel, please contact us at: 514-752-0862

mummummum
March 29th, 2010, 07:13 AM
Caramel looks like a real love-bug. :grouphug::goodvibes: I hope he finds his way home safely and soon!

NoahGrey
March 29th, 2010, 05:52 PM
You can leave out tuna or salmon, leave something out that has your and his smell on it. talk to your neighbours, put flyers in mailboxes, call your animal shelter/animal control/vets. go look in the strays rooms at these organizations, best times to look are early/late evening and early morning..when times are more quiet.

Keep us posted:)

ACO22

nscandar
March 29th, 2010, 08:17 PM
Caramel looks like a real love-bug. :grouphug::goodvibes: I hope he finds his way home safely and soon!
Thanks for your kind wishes!

nscandar
March 29th, 2010, 08:22 PM
You can leave out tuna or salmon, leave something out that has your and his smell on it. talk to your neighbours, put flyers in mailboxes, call your animal shelter/animal control/vets. go look in the strays rooms at these organizations, best times to look are early/late evening and early morning..when times are more quiet.

Keep us posted:)

ACO22
We have done all what you've suggested and keep on posting even more flyers every day. For how long can a cat remain lost and still make it home on his own? Caramel has been away for 12 days now... And what could have made him go far from home and lose his way?

diandpat
March 29th, 2010, 08:36 PM
We have done all what you've suggested and keep on posting even more flyers every day. For how long can a cat remain lost and still make it home on his own? Caramel has been away for 12 days now... And what could have made him go far from home and lose his way?

Is he an outside cat or an inside cat that got out? He could be very scared and hiding under in a shed or has gotten caught in a garage. Don't despair...some cats have found their way home after quite some time. Keep going out late at night and early in themorning. Shake a bag of treats and bring a flashlight to see eye glare.

:goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes:

NoahGrey
March 30th, 2010, 07:40 AM
For how long can a cat remain lost

Hi Nscander,

I once had a call from dispatch about a confined stray. Picked up cat, brought back to shelter, scanned it for chip. Lost and found called and the owner was shocked. Her cat has been missing for a year.

Maybe someone is feeding your cat? Or has taken your cat in. Alot of people will find a "stray" and think that no one is looking for it and just end up keeping it or giving the cat to someone else. Its heartbreaking.

Keep us posted. If you cat is in indoor cat, it may have not went far away. Indoor cats don't leave the area far...maybe a few streets.

ACO22

LYNNNNNNN
March 30th, 2010, 07:41 AM
Awww nscandar do not loose hope...
My though and prayers are with you :pray::candle:
Sending positive vibes to you and Caramel :goodvibes:

nscandar
March 31st, 2010, 03:17 PM
LYNNNNNN,
Thank you very much for your thoughts and prayers!

nscandar
March 31st, 2010, 03:43 PM
ACO22 & diandpat,
Thanks for your feedback!
I guess Caramel can be considered an outdoor cat. Weather permitting, Caramel would go out for 3 to 5 hours in one shot, he would then come back to eat and drink, and then start asking to go out again for another round. He always returned though, he never spent the night out.
We are posting more flyers every day, and go out at night or early morning to call him. I hope we find him soon!
I'll certainly keep you posted with the outcome of our search...
Thanks again!

nscandar
April 6th, 2010, 11:12 PM
Our Caramel is still missing!
If you live in Dollard-des-Ormeaux or Pointe Claire can you please keep your eyes open for a cat with his description and spread the word around to your friends and neighbors?
Thanks a million!!!