Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hey everyone

Scijox
March 28th, 2010, 06:44 PM
Hey everyone,

My name is Kevin and I'm a new member here. I'm a first-time dog owner and bought my first dog a couple months ago. Her name is Mia, she's now 7 months old and she's a English Cocker Spaniel.

I look forward to meeting everyone!

** Update: Pictures **

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/3120/iphonepics001.jpg (http://img121.imageshack.us/i/iphonepics001.jpg/)

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/3008/iphonepics003.jpg (http://img69.imageshack.us/i/iphonepics003.jpg/)

hazelrunpack
March 28th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Welcome, Kevin! Puppy pics are a must, so I hope you're picking out your favorites to share with us :D I love English Cockers! :lovestruck:

Scijox
March 28th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Haha thanks hazelrunpack, I do have a couple I'm going to post soon. They're kind of bad quality being a cellphone and all.

hazelrunpack
March 28th, 2010, 07:09 PM
We're not fussy! :D Just demanding :o :laughing:

Scijox
March 28th, 2010, 07:14 PM
I posted them... pictures are really big though :eek:

hazelrunpack
March 28th, 2010, 07:29 PM
She's a doll, Scijox!!! :flirt: I love her white socks!! :D

Dee-O-Gee
March 28th, 2010, 08:06 PM
63792 to the board Kevin

Ah what a sweetie Mia is and I love her colours! :lovestruck:

More pictures are always welcomed you know! :thumbs up

Melinda
March 29th, 2010, 05:37 AM
she's just gorgeous, I love her colors!! welcome to the board Kevin and Mia

Scijox
March 29th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Hey guys thanks for the warm welcome.
Hahaha @ white socks, yeah those do look pretty awesome.
But damn... she sheds like noone's business!

hazelrunpack
March 29th, 2010, 03:16 PM
You can't impress me with hairballs, Scijox. I have 8 setters here :p :laughing:

Do you brush her every day? I've noticed a definite decrease in the hair mass that gets deposited on the floor if I just brush or comb them all once a day. :D

Frenchy
March 29th, 2010, 03:22 PM
She's a doll, Scijox!!! :flirt: I love her white socks!! :D

That's the first thing I noticed , the white socks ! Too cute :lovestruck:

welcome to the board !!

Marcha
March 29th, 2010, 10:12 PM
Welcome! And what a cutie!!

Some of the shedding could well be puppy fur. Our pup (now 10 months) was shedding like crazy at 7 months. She's a short-hair, but dayum - I could sweep 3x per day and there'd still be wads of fur flying around. We made sure to give her a really good rub-down each time we took her out, so that the majority of hair was left outside. Now she sheds a 'normal' amount. So fingers crossed your pup stops shedding stupid amounts very soon.

Scijox
March 31st, 2010, 08:46 PM
Hey sorry for the late reply!

hazelrunpack: 8 Setters!?! :O Wow Cesar Milan's got nothing on you :D hahaha. That's amazing though! Are they all English?

frenchy: Ahahaha yeah the white socks, they're really adorable however they're considered a fault for the breed. Who could've guessed?!?

marcha: Oh wow! That seems like a crazy amount of hair, I'm glad to hear the shedding toned down a bit. Hope it's the same story with Mia haha. Is that your dog in your avatar? She's adorable

My Lodi Girl
March 31st, 2010, 10:06 PM
Welcome Kevin and Mia - she is a pretty little girl! You must be a proud dad!

hazelrunpack
March 31st, 2010, 10:41 PM
hazelrunpack: 8 Setters!?! :O Wow Cesar Milan's got nothing on you :D hahaha. That's amazing though! Are they all English?

Yep, all English, of various flavors (2 blue beltons, one orange patch, one orange belton, one tri patch and 3 tri beltons). I suspect Cesar's dogs are better behaved! :laughing: But we get by :D

Marcha
April 1st, 2010, 11:36 AM
Yep, that's Bo in my avatar. There's more photos in my profile albums, of when she was a wee pup to about 8 months old.

chico2
April 1st, 2010, 04:07 PM
Welcome Kevin and Mia,she is a beauty for sure,love her colouring:lovestruck:
A Cocker-girl(Bailey) whom I've been dog-walking a few years,does not shed at all,unlike my 3 cats:dog:
Forgive my ignorance and I certainly do not condone it,but aren't Cockers supposed to have a docked tail,Bailey does..

hazelrunpack
April 1st, 2010, 05:46 PM
Cockers usually have docked tails, chico, but more and more people are opting for the natural look :flirt:

DoubleRR
April 1st, 2010, 06:01 PM
Cockers usually have docked tails, chico, but more and more people are opting for the natural look :flirt:

Which is so nice. Hope we follow the lead of Britain--it has been against the law to crop ears there for years--now they no longer allow tail docking for registered dogs either. So all new show dogs will have full tails no matter what breed.
:thumbs up:thumbs up

chico2
April 2nd, 2010, 07:49 AM
I think that's great,leave the pups as they were meant to look:thumbs up
Little Bailey wags her little stump like crazy,would be nice if she had a tail..

Scijox
April 3rd, 2010, 10:44 PM
Hey everyone,

Thanks for the warm replies. As for docking, it's my first dog so I'm really unaware of even rudimentary knowledge like what breeds should be dock. In my opinion, which doesn't have very much experience, I probably won't dock because I'd probably faint from anxiety while she was being docked :P.

I still totally respect people who advocate for docking though!

hazelrunpack
April 3rd, 2010, 10:48 PM
She's lovely the way she is--and it looks like she's going to have a glorious tail, Scijox! :lovestruck:

Tundra_Queen
April 17th, 2010, 04:44 AM
Welcome to the forum!! *waving* Mia is lovely and I'm so glad u didn't amputate her tail,,, I bet ya she's glad u didn't either.