Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Had the boys to the vet this morning

clm
March 27th, 2010, 08:07 PM
Baxter turned 3 in February and Bentley will be 3 in may. I can't believe it, it just seems like yesterday we got them both.
Anyway, time for the heartworm tests and meds, Baxter has an ear infection and the vet suspects he may have a thyroid problem too since ear infections can be part of that and he has a low activity level and a few bald patches on his pants. So we had a thyroid test done too. His ear was cleaned and flushed, and we got drops for that. They also had their shots.....over 700.00 for that little trip this morning. :eek: I know where part of my income tax refund is going. :laughing: Bentley on the other hand is just fine. I wouldn't be surprised if Baxter needs thyroid meds. Kees are known for the problem and our first dogs lack of desire for activity and bald patches are quite similar to Baxters. The vet will call me this week with the thyroid test results.

clm

hazelrunpack
March 27th, 2010, 10:36 PM
I didn't know that Kees are prone to hypothyroidism! So are setters--so far we have 3 on meds for it. :o But at least the meds are cheap. We've had more expensive things to treat. :rolleyes:

And ouch on the vet bill :eek:

But great news about Bentley!! :highfive:

clm
March 27th, 2010, 10:52 PM
Yes I remember the thyroid pills. They weren't that expensive, mind you that was over 15 years ago now. :laughing: If he does have a thyroid problem I'll make sure to let the breeder know. His moms pedigree does have some of the same ancestors that our first dog who had the problem had.

clm