Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

new mommy mittons-is it normal???

mitton09
March 25th, 2010, 07:42 PM
hi there....i was wondring if anyone could help me please......my cat gave birth yesterday to 4 kittens, today she doen't seem herself shes still bleeding slighty and still lying down the way she did before she gave birth when she's goes to the toilet there seems to be a bit of blood, and we'vealso notice thi evening that she seems to be panting alot and breathing heavly. shes taken the kittens fine but seems to wonder of and sleep in the bathroom or kitchen away from the babies......is this normal or should we be worried??? would be grateful if you could give me any advice at all.....thank you

14+kitties
March 25th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Yes, please get her to the emergency vet.

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=23923

Dog Dancer
March 25th, 2010, 07:47 PM
I've never had a cat that wasn't sterile (by choice), so my best advice to you is to phone your vet. Your cat may indeed be very ill and you may risk losing her and the kittens.

Blackbear
March 25th, 2010, 08:06 PM
Welcome to Pets.ca.

Unfortunately our members are not vets and unable to address potentially serious health issues like this one. Time is critical - please contact a vet immediately. Good luck, we'll watch for an update on your pet's condition. In keeping with site policy, this thread will now be closed.