Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Loss of our Beloved Dominico

Teacupsdad
March 24th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Early this morning, our Chihuahua Dominico passed away. He was born December 1, 1997 and left us March 24, 2010. When I returned from a business trip on Saturday (four days ago), he was fine. On March 22, less than 36 hours before he died, he started showing signs of slowing down, not wanting to go outside or even downstairs. Early this morning, our other Chihuahua, Teacup, awoke me (not unusual), but she persisted in keeping me awake, which would normally make Dominico grouse (he hated it when anybody moved in bed). Instead, he was laying quietly at the foot of the bed. His breathing was shallow, and I realized he was dying. I woke up my companion, Ruben (who has had Dominico for his entire life--I've been with Dominico for eight years). He cradled him in his arms and cried uncontrollably (which I have done a lot today myself). We told him we loved him and both kissed him. After that he let out a soft whimper and then let go. I'm glad he died in his bed with those who loved him the most. And thank God for Teacup, who woke us up so we could say good-bye. Thanks for reading this.

shirley1011
March 24th, 2010, 07:23 PM
So sorry for your loss...rest in peace Teacup and run free at the Rainbow Bridge.

mikischo
March 24th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Im so sorry for the loss of your beloved dog. He left this world knowing he was very much loved.

:candle: Run free, sweet :angel2: Dominico :dog::candle:

BusterBoo
March 24th, 2010, 08:03 PM
:sorry: it's very special that you got to spend the final moments with your furbabe

:rip: Dominico..... run free...

hazelrunpack
March 24th, 2010, 10:37 PM
I'm sorry for your loss, Teacupsdad. :grouphug:

:candle: Dominico

Teacupsdad
March 25th, 2010, 06:51 AM
To Shirley, Mikischo, Buster and Hazel. Thank you for taking the time to write and express your condolences. It is comforting to know that so many people care. Ruben, Teacup and I will miss Dominico very much.

Love4himies
March 25th, 2010, 07:00 AM
I am so sorry to hear about Dominico :cry: :grouphug:, sounds like he was loved tremendously.
:rip: Dominico :candle:

chico2
March 25th, 2010, 07:20 AM
So sorry for you loss of little Domenico:rip:little one:candle:

SIL
March 25th, 2010, 07:37 AM
My condolences to you and your family...:grouphug:

:rip:Dominico

Linda Guay
March 25th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Sorry for your loss our thoughts and prayers are with you. It is very difficult to lose someone that gives us unconditional love 24 hrs. a day 7 days a week. We have lost
9 pets and I have had 9 really really bad hangovers. One thing for sure you have many
wonderful memories of your faithful companion from a shoe that was eaten to a pee on
the new rug to a few steaks taken off the kitchen table just when you were ready to
sit down and eat to paw wiping come April after all the snow is gone and it is muddy
outside. Beautiful memories are made to last and I am sure you have many to share.
Once again, so very sorry.

Dog Dancer
March 25th, 2010, 02:14 PM
So sorry for your loss, but yes at least he died in loving arms. RIP sweet Dominico.

the gang
March 25th, 2010, 06:16 PM
so sorry to hear of your news,:rip: little one, brenda and the pins

growler~GateKeeper
March 27th, 2010, 12:41 AM
:rip: sweet :angel2: Dominico :candle: He is playing at the Rainbow Bridge (http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html) with those who've gone before :candle:

Goldfields
March 27th, 2010, 10:01 AM
From a former Chihuahua owner, you have our deepest sympathy. Such tiny dogs, but so much love to give. They leave a huge gap when they pass on. You were lucky to get to say goodbye. Cyber hugs for both of you.

14+kitties
March 27th, 2010, 01:09 PM
:candle::rip: Dominico :candle:

Winston
March 27th, 2010, 02:09 PM
RIP sweet Domenico! Run free to the Bridge!! :rip::candle:

Skyblue
April 1st, 2010, 01:06 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss Teacupsdad.

:rip: dear Dominico

catlover2
April 2nd, 2010, 05:51 PM
:rip: Domenico. My sympathies in your loss. He could not has passed on in a better way, in the arms of your love. I truly believe that no love is ever lost and that some day you will again see Dominico.