Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Found - Young Brown Female Dog - Near Le Douglas

jrwoodlock
March 22nd, 2010, 08:57 PM
Found a weak, mal nourished female dog, brown, very friendly

We are currently keeping her to recover from her past few weeks.

if your dog, please contact robert.woodlock@gmail.com

hazelrunpack
March 22nd, 2010, 09:53 PM
Have you put up posters and contacted the shelters and vets in your area, jrwoodlock?

I hope you find her home! :goodvibes:

BenMax
March 23rd, 2010, 09:48 AM
If an owner is not located, and you cannot keep this dog, please let me know. I can forward you to some rescue groups. Please do not send her to SCDD as they have the contract in your area. They keep for 5 days and then will kill.

Thank you so much for helping this poor girl. You are her guardian angel.:angel:

Golden Girls
March 23rd, 2010, 09:50 AM
Found a weak, mal nourished female dog, brown, very friendly

We are currently keeping her to recover from her past few weeks.

if your dog, please contact robert.woodlock@gmail.comThank you for taking her in. "Le Douglas" Do you mean the hospital in Crawford Park?

jrwoodlock
March 23rd, 2010, 06:56 PM
No the Le Douglas near Hemmingford.

We already have a bernese mountain dog, but we will probably keep "Ruby" if her owner is not located.

We would never bring her in to the SCDD or SPCA, she has been through enough, she is all bone ( i can count the rib on both sides :( )

My wife has a business already watching dogs while people are on vacation, so we were all set up for her :)

hazelrunpack
March 23rd, 2010, 08:07 PM
She's a lucky girl, then! :D Please keep us posted on Ruby's progress!

LYNNNNNNN
March 24th, 2010, 07:25 AM
Poor little one...:cry:Thanks for taking her in and deciding to keep her if you don't find the owner !Ruby found her angels :angel:

chico2
March 24th, 2010, 07:30 AM
She certainly is a lucky girl,I think fate brought her to someone who cares:grouphug:

Love4himies
March 24th, 2010, 07:41 AM
Thank goodness she found you, who knows how long she would have survived :angel:.

If you haven't already, please let your local shelters know you have her and have her checked for a microchip. Her owner may be terribly upset looking for her. We have members who have been looking for their beloved pets for years :(.

BenMax
March 24th, 2010, 08:43 AM
No the Le Douglas near Hemmingford.

We already have a bernese mountain dog, but we will probably keep "Ruby" if her owner is not located.

We would never bring her in to the SCDD or SPCA, she has been through enough, she is all bone ( i can count the rib on both sides :( )

My wife has a business already watching dogs while people are on vacation, so we were all set up for her :)

Thank DAWG she ran into you! That is wonderful.

Bring a stool sample to the vet and have it checked for coccidia or giardia, hookworm etc. Sometimes dogs are very thin due to these parasites/worms. Also heartworm test as this may also be a factor. I am sure you already know this as your wife knows dogs well, but for anyone else reading, this may give some insight.

Thanks for taking her in when so many others would look the other way.:thumbs up

shirley1011
March 24th, 2010, 08:50 AM
Any chance of a picture...there are some of us who watch the lost and founds hunting for our own lost pets and maybe we can help find her way back to her family.
If she is that badly malnourished she may have come a long way and the owners not looking in your area.