Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

HELP! Mittens is in severe renal failure, need mobile vet

mittens95
March 22nd, 2010, 03:06 PM
Hello all,

Our beautiful cat of 15 years Mittens has been diagnoised with renal failure. We have done all we can with our vet. At this point we are trying to keep her as comfortable as possible. That being said she can no longer eat, drink water, and walk. We are currently giving her water with a syringe.

After considering all the options we feel we can no longer let her stay with us in this state, as heart breaking as it is for us, we must let her go. Our vet will not come to our home.

We are looking urgently for a vet that can come to our home to administer the needle. Please provide any recommendations you may have (we are in the Toronto - Scarborough area).

Thank you all.

BenMax
March 22nd, 2010, 03:09 PM
So sorry,

I found this on line: http://www.vetpetmobile.com/home.aspx

Maybe contact your vet. YOu would be surprised - they may come to you or give you a recommendation.

I hope someone here can assist you based on experience.

Again - so sorry to hear this.

Best to you.:grouphug:

BenMax
March 22nd, 2010, 03:11 PM
Here is another: http://www.petmobilevet.ca/index2.html

Love4himies
March 22nd, 2010, 03:17 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Mittens.

Here is a website that may give you the info you are looking for:

http://www.torontopetnetwork.com/directory/vets.html

BenMax
March 22nd, 2010, 03:32 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Mittens.

Here is a website that may give you the info you are looking for:

http://www.torontopetnetwork.com/directory/vets.html

Thanks L4H...I knew someone would know better!:thumbs up

mittens95
March 22nd, 2010, 03:36 PM
Thank you all for your kind thoughts.

We have found a mobile vet that sounds kind and hopefully will help us through this difficult process.

She's scheduled to come at 9 am tomorrow.

I don't know how I will cope with never seeing her again.

14+kitties
March 22nd, 2010, 03:37 PM
I am so sorry. :grouphug:

Frenchy
March 22nd, 2010, 03:43 PM
I'm so sorry too. :( :grouphug:

BenMax
March 22nd, 2010, 03:55 PM
Thank you all for your kind thoughts.

We have found a mobile vet that sounds kind and hopefully will help us through this difficult process.

She's scheduled to come at 9 am tomorrow.

I don't know how I will cope with never seeing her again.

You will cope. Though the thought is painful, the process itself is very calm. She will be at peace.

We are all here if you need us. We have all been there before, gently bringing our beloved pets over the bridge and then leaning on one another for support.

I wish you well. My candle is lite for you and Mittens tonight.

God Bless you both.:grouphug:

hazelrunpack
March 22nd, 2010, 05:24 PM
I'm so sorry, mittens95 :grouphug:

:candle:

Tundra_Queen
March 22nd, 2010, 05:58 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your sweet Mittens. :grouphug:

growler~GateKeeper
March 22nd, 2010, 11:02 PM
I'm sorry to hear about Mittens :( :grouphug:
:candle:

Love4himies
March 23rd, 2010, 07:53 AM
:cry: If you need to talk we are here to listen. :grouphug: :candle:

Melinda
March 23rd, 2010, 08:10 AM
*hugs* my thoughts are with you and mittens, its a brave kind thing you're doing, remember that.:grouphug:

hazelrunpack
March 23rd, 2010, 10:46 AM
Thinking of you this morning, mittens95 :candle: :grouphug:

ScottieDog
March 23rd, 2010, 03:16 PM
Thinking of you. I know letting go is so hard, but it is truly the final gift of love. Godspeed sweet Mittens.

rainbow
March 23rd, 2010, 03:37 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your beloved Mittens :( ......my heart goes out to you. :grouphug: :candle:

BenMax
March 23rd, 2010, 03:38 PM
Thinking of you...:grouphug:

chico2
March 23rd, 2010, 04:56 PM
Mittens95,you did the right thing for your little girl,she's at peace now,no more pain:rip:little girl:candle:

Like BenMax said,we are hear to help,if you need it,most of us have had to make this very same difficult decision a few times and it's the hardest thing we as animal-lovers have to do.:grouphug:

Winston
March 23rd, 2010, 08:08 PM
Run free little one! :candle:

You made a hard decision but the right one for sure!

RIP :cat:

mittens95
March 23rd, 2010, 08:40 PM
Thank you so much everyone. Your well wishes really struck a cord with me and helped us through this difficult time.

We stayed with her till the end, I held her in my lap till the end. It was very difficult as this the first time we had to make a decision like this and to be there the moment she left us was especially hard but we wanted to be there for her till the last moment, to let her know how much we love her.

The vet was very professional and understanding. She waited outside as we said our final goodbye and then took her away for the cremation. I'm glad we were able to do this at home.

She was an outdoor cat but we made sure she was back before nightfall every night. I still feel as though she will be back any moment. Every corner of the house reminds me of her. She was so affectionate towards me these past couple of months, I feel as though she knew her time with us was coming to an end and wanted to be close to me. It really hurts. But ultimately I knew we made the right choice.

God bless you Mittens and thank you for shining your light on our lives.

luckypenny
March 23rd, 2010, 10:00 PM
:candle: Mittens :candle:

14+kitties
March 23rd, 2010, 11:17 PM
:candle::rip:Mittens :candle:

growler~GateKeeper
March 24th, 2010, 12:24 AM
:rip: sweet :angel2: Mittens :candle: She is playing at the Rainbow Bridge (http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html) with those who've gone before :candle:

Tundra_Queen
March 24th, 2010, 07:53 PM
:rip: little Mittens. :candle: