Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Found dog

michellemero
March 21st, 2010, 11:05 PM
I found a dog wandering the streets at weston rd & oak st today March 21-10, He is a large dog and brown in colour. I have him in my care at the present time. I really want to return him to his family. Please contact me as soon as possible if you think this guy is your dog. :fingerscr michelle.mero@gmail.com

chico2
March 22nd, 2010, 08:19 AM
Thank's for taking him in:grouphug:hopefully you'll find the owners.:fingerscr
He looks like a beautiful Mastiff,drool and all.

Melinda
March 22nd, 2010, 08:24 AM
or whats that other breed?? dog de bordeaux? bor....something *L* I hope you find the owners, they must be frantic losing such a gorgeous doggie, did you run him to the vets to be scanned for a microchip? or check for a tattoo?

Love4himies
March 22nd, 2010, 08:26 AM
OMG, I just want to give that sweet face kisses :lovestruck:

Thanks for helping this lost dog out :angel:

Rottielover
March 22nd, 2010, 08:34 AM
That is definitely a DDB, wow, I hope you find his home soon.

Melinda
March 22nd, 2010, 08:47 AM
there are a few Dogue de Bordeaux breeders in Toronto, maybe if you gave them a call they might be able to help you?

michellemero
March 22nd, 2010, 09:02 AM
Hi there thanks for all your replies, i haven't taken him to a vet yet, will do that hopefully today...

marko
March 22nd, 2010, 10:54 AM
What city are we talking about please? - I'd like to edit the thread title to include the City.

Thx and good luck - Marko

Chris21711
March 22nd, 2010, 11:07 AM
What city are we talking about please? - I'd like to edit the thread title to include the City.

Thx and good luck - Marko

It is in Toronto Marko....in the west end of the city.

I'm just looking on another site and 2 DDB's went missing in Oshawa on the 12th...which is east of Toronto.

chico2
March 22nd, 2010, 11:15 AM
Oh,what do I know:loser:to me he looks like a Mastiff,either way,I hope you find the owner:fingerscr

Chris21711
March 22nd, 2010, 11:20 AM
Oh,what do I know:loser:to me he looks like a Mastiff,either way,I hope you find the owner:fingerscr

A DDB is a French Mastiff Chico :)

babymomma
March 22nd, 2010, 11:21 AM

DDB's are a type of mastiff .. :D:thumbs up

Hope you find his owners soon. They are pretty rare compared to other breeds, so somebody MUST be looking for him!

michellemero
March 22nd, 2010, 12:49 PM
So Happy to say we found his owners...called a shelter and his owners reported him lost, and everything matched...!
So he is now safe at home :thumbs up

shirley1011
March 22nd, 2010, 12:52 PM
Such great news!!!! How far away had he wandered? So happy to
hear this fellow found his owners and big thanks to you for caring!

Love4himies
March 22nd, 2010, 01:00 PM
Wahoo :thumbs up I love happy endings.:lovestruck:

michellemero
March 22nd, 2010, 01:25 PM
he traveled about 9km from his home...he was dehydrated when i found, he was missing since sat...looked soo lost. But happy ending!

BenMax
March 22nd, 2010, 01:32 PM
Great news.

Thank you for being his guardian angel.:angel:

Melinda
March 22nd, 2010, 01:59 PM

thats ok, I didn't know a dogge de bordeaux was from the mastiff family *LOL*:loser: here also!

glad to know he's found his owners, they must have been frantic! way to go for all your work and for taking him in!:highfive:

hazelrunpack
March 22nd, 2010, 02:17 PM
:highfive: What a great ending to the story!!! :D

Thank you for helping him out, michelle! :grouphug: A lot of people wouldn't go to the trouble.

chico2
March 22nd, 2010, 04:54 PM
Thats great news,might not have happened if you did not care about him and took him in:thankyou:on behalf of the doggie,who's very happy I am sure:thumbs up