Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Tamara Moon's Wedding Pictures

iRONKNiGHT
September 1st, 2004, 06:26 PM
Posting these for our Lovely Tamara :)
Tamara you and your new family are SO BEAUTIFUL :)

Click here (http://www3.sympatico.ca/cliff.wolfnheinz/tamara/tamara.htm) to download or view the FULL unedited picture.

iRONKNiGHT
September 1st, 2004, 06:27 PM
Wonderfull :)

Click here (http://www3.sympatico.ca/cliff.wolfnheinz/tamara/tamara2.htm) to download or view the FULL unedited picture.

iRONKNiGHT
September 1st, 2004, 06:27 PM
just Beautiful :)

Click here (http://www3.sympatico.ca/cliff.wolfnheinz/tamara/tamara3.htm) to download or view the FULL unedited picture.

Writing4Fun
September 1st, 2004, 06:28 PM
What a beautiful couple! Stunning outfits! Congratulations to you both (or should I say "all", to include your 4-legged family member). :D

coonlover
September 1st, 2004, 06:31 PM
I agree , what a beautiful family and those outfits are gorgeous, where did this take place? Congratulations to the happy couple! :D

melanie
September 1st, 2004, 06:39 PM
:D WOW, again WOW. they are jsut amazing, you are such a beautiful bride, how special. im sure that is something you will never forget. you look so happy and have a very handsome new husband if you dont mind me saying, not too bad on the eyes that one ay :D .
CONGRATULATIONS love is great :D
now what i want to know was the head piece and dress very heavy, you look pretty tiny so was it hard to carry?? i dont know about korea but i know in other asian countries such outfits can weigh as much as 50kg due to the amount of fabric.
oh you have made me smile so hard today, i am so happy for you :D :D :D :D

iRONKNiGHT
September 1st, 2004, 07:02 PM
those are truely some wonderfull costumes..
wish there were more pictures lol..
now i know what kinda wedding i'd like to have! lol

chico2
September 1st, 2004, 07:15 PM
Oh yes Tamara,wonderful pictures,beautiful colours and beautiful bride and groom.I wish you and your new husband a wonderful life together :)
Maybe you can show us some pics of the area in Korea you live...I understand South Korea,right?

Luba
September 1st, 2004, 07:32 PM
GASP How beautiful

Oh you must be so happy :D wonderful wonderful pictures thank you for sharing

moontamara
September 1st, 2004, 07:58 PM
Awww... just woke up here and have my coffee going, and was a little taken aback to see this thread here!!! Thanks so much Ironknight!

Thanks for the kind words! Yes, we're in Korea. The wedding was held at the oldest university in Korea, which my husband graduated from a few years ago. Traditional Korean weddings are relatively rare, even in Korea. It's quite common to have a "wedding hall" wedding that has a lot of western traditions in it, but to my mind a bit overdone. I'm particularly turned off by the fog and bubble machines I've seen at these affairs! Also, we really wanted to get married outside, which we were able to do thanks to beautiful weather!

Melanie, it's very unKorean of me to say so (of course I'm Canadian anyway) but I absolutely agree with you -- he's a looker!

I can't answer exactly about the weight of my clothing, but it was fairly extreme. I was wearing a ton of underwear, a regular "hanbok" (Korean dress) plus the red coat you can see, plus the head gear... it was definitely the heaviest outfit I've ever worn, including my high school years of drama and such! Also, you can't see it in these pictures, but for a lot of the ceremony I had to hold up the white fabric to cover my face. The next day my shoulders and lower back just ached!!!

Before the wedding, nerves and EXTREME heat (fortunately it cooled off just 2 days before the wedding) had me rather sick so I lost about 8 pounds, which caused my dress to be too long. Also they estimated my shoe size wrong, so my shoes were too big... so the only really terrible thing about our special day was trying VERY hard not to fall on my arse!!!

Here's a little story about Casey (almost 5 month old toy poodle) during our wedding... My husband was the last to leave the apartment to go to the wedding place, and in all the excitement he forgot to put Casey's pee pad tray in his pen!!! I was upset when I heard this, as we were going to be away for up to 5 hours (poor poochie) AND some friends and family were coming for a short party after the wedding!!! I was sure there would be a huge mess, but Casey managed to hold it in the whole time, and when my mom took him out, she said he peed so long and hard there were bubbles!!! Poor sweet Casey!!!!

Anyway, thanks so much you guys! Your interest is very touching!!!

Luba
September 1st, 2004, 09:25 PM
Pee bubbles LOL :p :p

Sneaky2006
September 1st, 2004, 09:40 PM
Great pictures. Beautiful couple and those outfits are so pretty, awesome colors!!
I hope you don't mind me saying either... your new hubby is so cute! :)

My thoughts exactly Luba... Pee bubbles! :D

Cactus Flower
September 1st, 2004, 10:48 PM
Oh those pictures are so beautiful. You look fabulous! You're lucky to have had such a cultural experience on your special day. I love things that stray from the typical.
The first picture is my favorite. You two looking at each other, so happy and in love. This is the stuff that movies are made of!

SSAC
September 2nd, 2004, 12:52 AM
Wow! Love It! :D

OnlyInMyDreams
September 2nd, 2004, 02:46 AM
How interesting, I have yet to attend a wedding like this one. How wonderful it looks! You look beautiful.. ::sigh:: I only hope I can measure up on my wedding... its coming up quick! Im stressed and scared, i dont know how people do this.. and to think some do it 2,3 .. 4 times! ahhh... Congrats! You were one beautiful bride!

sammiec
September 2nd, 2004, 09:27 AM
Congratulations Tamara!! :p :p
You look stunning!! What an amazing experience!!! Congratualtions again! :D

moontamara
September 2nd, 2004, 09:38 AM
Awww, you guys are so sweet!!! Thank you so much.

Onlyinyourdreams, when is the big day? How are the preparations going?

Yep, Luba, pee bubbles. I was so proud of my big baby boy!

Princesss04
September 2nd, 2004, 10:45 AM
VERY PRETTY, I love your outfits. You two make a very beautiful couple. Congrats and good luck. Do we hear babies anytime in the near future. :D

OnlyInMyDreams
September 2nd, 2004, 01:12 PM
Moon, we are getting married May 22 next year. As for the preparations.. well.. they are going really wee except for the fact that mother-in-law has decided to take over and gets angry when I dont take her suggestions, Its sooooo stressful. It was hard to even know where to begin. Where did the happy newly weds go on their honeymoon?

Iggette
September 2nd, 2004, 11:26 PM
Very nice pics.....Must have been very interesting to experience a wedding in such a different way from us canadians, very colourful and a lovely day it looks like the weather wwas in your favour

glasslass
September 5th, 2004, 05:19 PM
How beautiful! I've been away from the forum for a week and what a neat thread to come back to! You look soooo happy! Both of you! Was there a wedding feast? Cake? Anxious to hear more details! Did your family stay with you? Bet they loved little Casey!

moontamara
September 5th, 2004, 08:28 PM
Thank you thank you thank you! Princess -- babies next year we hope, and we can hardly wait!!! Onlydreams -- congratulations, and I hope it goes smoothly -- I was lucky as Korean weddings happen in a very standard sort of way -- wedding planners aren't an option -- they are standard! Iggette -- thanks so much, and you're right about the weather. We thought it would be too hot in August, but had no choice -- turned out to be perfect!!

I thought this thread was done, but then along came Glasslass (I knew something was missing since I got back from my honeymoon -- it was YOU Glasslass!!!)! What we did here was have the traditional wedding ceremony (took about 40 minutes) and then the traditional bowing to the elders stuff where they give you advice and money... that part was fun... and then my fellow foreign and Korean friends, my husband's closest friends, and my mother and brother all came back to our house and we had cake, and exchanged rings the western way. Casey had the first bite of cake, but it wasn't planned that way!!! After that, my husband and I went to a fancy shmancy overpriced hotel and had dinner and... well... ahem... and the next day went back home and spent our "honeymoon" touring Korea with my mother and brother. And yes, they did love our sweetie pie, but Casey was going through a bitey period right then. Fortunately, they are dog-experienced and were quite helpful in the training process!

Anyway, enough about me!!

By the way, where were you Glasslass??

glasslass
September 5th, 2004, 08:54 PM
I just got over a bad cold and respiratory problems, but this last week was the first week of school. I handle the reserve desk in the library and the 1st week is my busiest time. Did not have the luxury of being sick, so made it through and collapsed every night. (Still sleeping upright in the recliner every night because I can't breathe lying down)
I went to a Chinese wedding 3 weeks ago. The bridal couple served tea to several relatives and then were gifted with advice and money also. This was new to me so it's with interest that I read about this in your ceremony. The groom's family also gave the bride many pieces of gold jewelry. Can't wait to hear how Casey got that first bite of cake! :D