Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog food fourm seperate from cat food fourm

Josh83
March 19th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Hi

I just wanted to make a suggestion to make and Dog and Cat food 2 sperate fourms I just think it will make it easier for getting information about food considering dogs and cats eat a different type of food this way people can strictly get answer answer based only on wheather they have a dog or cat.

I hope I have made that clear enough.

Thanks.

marko
March 21st, 2010, 12:56 AM
I think this is a decent idea - anyone else?

hazelrunpack
March 21st, 2010, 01:18 AM
I so rarely go into the dog and cat food forum that I had to go to the forum listing to see what all was in there. :o

It does make sense to split them--but I see that's also where the human food recipes are listed. So are you thinking just a new subforum for cats, or really splitting it up into two new subforums (one for dogs, one for cats) under a general 'Food Forum'?

Winston
March 21st, 2010, 08:57 AM
I think thats a good idea to seperate them just for ease of searchingI I too rarely go in there and didnt realise it was combined...

marko
March 22nd, 2010, 11:11 AM
I so rarely go into the dog and cat food forum that I had to go to the forum listing to see what all was in there. :o

It does make sense to split them--but I see that's also where the human food recipes are listed. So are you thinking just a new subforum for cats, or really splitting it up into two new subforums (one for dogs, one for cats) under a general 'Food Forum'?

Cool thanks for the comments thus far!
Correct, I'm thinking of creating 1 more subforum called cat food forum, and then moving the cat food posts into that subforum. Then I'd change the current forum's name from Dog and cat food forum to Dog food forum.

Anyone see any negatives to doing this....?

Thx!

marko

Love4himies
March 22nd, 2010, 11:24 AM
Would we not need an "All Other Pets" forum too?

marko
March 22nd, 2010, 11:33 AM
If members think that that forum would get a lot of action and/or if a lot of people are already posting food posts about other animals.......then yup - that's possible for sure. :thumbs up Feel free to start another thread in this same forum for that suggestion.

many thx - Marko

rainbow
March 22nd, 2010, 02:10 PM
Cool thanks for the comments thus far!
Correct, I'm thinking of creating 1 more subforum called cat food forum, and then moving the cat food posts into that subforum. Then I'd change the current forum's name from Dog and cat food forum to Dog food forum.

Anyone see any negatives to doing this....?

Thx!

marko

I think this is an excellent idea. :thumbs up

Perhaps the human recipes should be moved to the off topic forum ....anyone else agree?

marko
March 22nd, 2010, 02:13 PM
Please let's keep THIS thread to one suggestion at a time.

I'm open to ALL suggestions - please just post them in their own threads.
It makes it MUCH easier for me to follow.

many thanks

Marko

14+kitties
March 22nd, 2010, 02:17 PM
I think this is an excellent idea. :thumbs up

Perhaps the human recipes should be moved to the off topic forum ....anyone else agree?

many thanks

Marko

Umm, I kinda think she did. :o Right now the human recipes are in the dog/cat food forum. So if it got moved out of there, and I agree wholeheartedly,then it could all be done at one time. :shrug:

rainbow
March 22nd, 2010, 02:23 PM

many thanks

Marko

Umm, I kinda think she did. :o Right now the human recipes are in the dog/cat food forum. So if it got moved out of there, and I agree wholeheartedly,then it could all be done at one time. :shrug:

Sorry Marko. :o

But, yes, I just thought it would be easier to move the human recipes sub forum over to the off topic all at the same time. :shrug:

I will start a new thread if you like though. :D

kandy
March 24th, 2010, 02:08 PM
I like the idea of splitting the cat food & dog food forums. I do go to that forum quite often, as it's an area where I feel like I have some decent knowledge - at least in the area of dog food. Right now there are times when I have to decipher whether the poster is talking about dog food or cat food.

marko
April 1st, 2010, 12:04 PM
Hi members,

Effective immediately, the dog food forum and the cat food forum have been separated. The dog food forum is the "main forum" and the cat food forum is a subforum.

I will be moving cat food threads that are in the dog food forum, over the next little while but please post all NEW cat food questions/issues in the cat food subforum.

At the same time I also moved the recipes for humans subforum into the off topic forum.

Thanks everyone!

marko