Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Metacam use in cats

Winston
March 18th, 2010, 04:47 PM
I had Bomber back to the vets today because he spent the weekend urinating outside of the box?? :wall: it is so frustrating when you have a cat diagnosed with ideopathic cytitus...anyhow Bomber was empty when we got to the vets for the urine sample so he has to be locked up tonight with some special absorbing litter so they can run a urine test. Bomber has also been extremely vocal and waking us up during the evenings. He lost a teeny bit of weight. The vet suspects Bomber is also in pain so we discussed options on how to releive him of that. Basically we are going to use Metacam for now in a very small dose daily to see if he gets some relief....

Oh and what drives me crazy is he hasnt urinted outside the box since Sunday night and its not Thursday???:wall::wall:

I just wondered if anyone has opinions or experience with using Metacam

sugarcatmom
March 18th, 2010, 05:31 PM
I had Bomber back to the vets today because he spent the weekend urinating outside of the box?? :wall:

Oh no! Poor Bomber, and poor you!

Bomber has also been extremely vocal and waking us up during the evenings. He lost a teeny bit of weight.

Has Bomber had a senior blood panel done recently? With these symptoms, I'd want to know what his T4 level is at. Does he drink much water? How is his appetite?

The vet suspects Bomber is also in pain so we discussed options on how to releive him of that.

Pain meds are a great idea for cases of cystitis.

I just wondered if anyone has opinions or experience with using Metacam

Metacam use in cats is very controversial. I personally wouldn't use it unless it was a quality of life issue and other options had been exhausted, but that's just me. Renal failure is the big risk here. I would highly recommend at least double checking Bomber's kidney function first and monitoring it regularly if you do decide to use Metacam. It's also important to know that there have been cases of cats developing renal failure from it even when they showed no prior signs of deficiency. There's an interesting discussion about it here: http://www.felinediabetes.com/phorum5/read.php?8,1867651

And some more info here: http://www.vetinfo.com/using-metacam-cats.html

Winston
March 18th, 2010, 08:22 PM
SCM just wondering. The vet explained about the use of it in cats in CDA and indicated its not approved but will be soon. I asked him about the kidney function and he said he wasnt too concerned about that just yet. We are trying to get a urine sample to test tonight but he really assured me that he didnt think the dosage was enough to harm him. The bottle is a 10ml bottle and he is to get 2 drops per day? they are pretty small drops too?
I have to lock him up tonight in the bathroom with no bed no blanket just litter box and water/food. They gave me this stuff called absorb and if he pees in it I am to just poor the litter with urine in it back in the jar. Vet said if I cant bring the sample in immediately to place it in the fridge?? Have you ever heard of a urine sample being done this way?

Frenchy
March 18th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Vet said if I cant bring the sample in immediately to place it in the fridge?? Have you ever heard of a urine sample being done this way?

Winston , I don't remember for which animal (one of the cats or dogs) but my vet told me once that I could do that. I guess it's alright for some urine tests and not for others. :shrug:

good luck ! :fingerscr

Winston
March 18th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Thanks Frenchy! maybe the litter is special some how? it actually looks like mouse poop! :eek: I know I know your favorite subject...:thumbs up

Frenchy
March 18th, 2010, 08:39 PM
Thanks Frenchy! maybe the litter is special some how? it actually looks like mouse poop! :eek: I know I know your favorite subject...:thumbs up

:laughing: :yuck:

:offtopic: there's been one in my bathroom wall for quite sometime now ... it won't come out :evil:

Winston
March 18th, 2010, 09:07 PM
When we owned a pizzeria we used to draw then out with the smell of cooked bacon!! not kidding! they always got caught though!!!

sugarcatmom
March 18th, 2010, 09:21 PM
SCM just wondering. The vet explained about the use of it in cats in CDA and indicated its not approved but will be soon.

Metacam used orally has not been approved in cats (a one-time post-surgical injection is though). But it is frequently used "off-label" in many situations. I've not heard anything about it's pending approval.

I asked him about the kidney function and he said he wasnt too concerned about that just yet.

He seems a tad cavalier about this, IMO. I personally would want to do everything I could to prevent the possibility of causing harm to my cat's kidneys, which means doing the appropriate monitoring. Especially if it hasn't been done recently.

I have to lock him up tonight in the bathroom with no bed no blanket just litter box and water/food. They gave me this stuff called absorb and if he pees in it I am to just poor the litter with urine in it back in the jar. Vet said if I cant bring the sample in immediately to place it in the fridge?? Have you ever heard of a urine sample being done this way?

Yup, that's fairly common. The litter is called Nosorb, and it's designed NOT to absorb any liquid. You can't use the urine sample for a culture and sensitivity because it will be contaminated, but it's fine for urinalysis if you get it in fairly quickly. I'd rather just slide a jar lid under my cat's butt when he goes pee, but that's not always possible with some cats. Cystocentisis is the best method for acquiring urine if you need to have it analyzed for bacteria. Whatever you do, don't let the vet prescribe any antibiotics based on a sample acquired with the Nosorb.

Winston
March 18th, 2010, 09:46 PM
SCM I am using that because Bomber seems to always be a problem getting a sample from. He is either empty or he lets it go on the way? Today he went 5 hours without the litter box and the vet said there was not enough to get the other way with the needle. Thats the way I always do it but I thought I would try this? So if he shouldnt prescribe an antibiotic from this type of sample then I guess I have to ask myself why am I doing it?

The vet said if the metacam seems to help Bomber then every 6 months he needs to be monitored.

Now I am really worried that I am going to harm Bomber but I dont know what else to do? as the vet said ideopathic cystitus is such a problem....well dont I know that both Tabitha and Bomber seem to have it!! :(

sugarcatmom
March 18th, 2010, 11:39 PM
So if he shouldnt prescribe an antibiotic from this type of sample then I guess I have to ask myself why am I doing it?

Well, a urinalysis alone can be quite a helpful diagnostic tool. Urine specific gravity, ph, colour, the presence or not of crystals, cells, blood, protein, etc are all clues to the puzzle. The USG can be particularly important for determining kidney function, so I definitely don't think it's a waste.

The vet said if the metacam seems to help Bomber then every 6 months he needs to be monitored.

My vet recommends every 3 months.

Now I am really worried that I am going to harm Bomber but I dont know what else to do?

All meds have risks. Many cats do fine on Metacam, I just think it's important to know what the risks are and to take the necessary precautions. What about trying Buprenex short term? It can be used as-needed, rather than continuously. Something else to consider is acupuncture. Not sure how available it is near you, but I've heard it can have excellent results for cats with chronic bladder issues. A holistic vet might also have other suggestions.

14+kitties
March 19th, 2010, 12:05 AM
Oy! I hope Bomber doesn't decide to have a BM is the box with the NoSorb. :yuck: Talk about contaminating a sample!!!:rolleyes:
When I used it last month to get a sample from Brownie I immediately used a sterile syringe to draw up the urine from the NoSorb and placed it in a sterile jar supplied from the vet. I then refrigerated it till I got to the vets.

growler~GateKeeper
March 19th, 2010, 04:13 AM
Don't be too surprised if Bomber doesn't pee in the NoSorb but uses the floor instead, Duffy refuses to go anywhere near that stuff.

One thing they really should put on the NoSorb instructions is to slide something thin (like the rubber litter-trapping mats) under one end of the litterbox so the pee runs to one end of the box so the cat doesn't end up stepping in urine :yuck:.

Urine samples should be refridgerated if you can't get it to the vet immediately, at room temperature in as little as 2 hours it can change significantly in pH, bacterial growth, destruction of cells, etc. just do not freeze it.

Has the vet suggested an ultrasound to check Bomber & Tabitha's kidney/bladder/urethra structure or for areas of inflammation?

Have you looked into Homeopathic vets?

Love4himies
March 19th, 2010, 07:45 AM
Awwwww, poor Bomber :(:grouphug:

Puddles won't use the nosorb either. I have to follow her around the house with the kitten litter box with the nosorb in it, wait for her to start to pee in her normal litter box, lift her up when she first starts peeing and put her in the nosorb litter box.

My vets don't recommend metacam for long term use in cats either and when Sweet Pea was on meds trying to calm her down, they wanted her in for bloodwork at least every 3 months to check liver and kidney.

I second SCM's suggestion of a thyroid check if you haven't had one done recently.

hazelrunpack
March 19th, 2010, 11:27 AM
Any luck, Winston? :goodvibes:

ancientgirl
March 19th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Winston, I'm sorry Bomber is still having problems. I've been using Tract-ease (http://www.onlynaturalpet.com/products/Only-Natural-Pet-Tract-Ease-Herbal-Formula/999017.aspx) in the gangs food since Oksana started having her issues back in November. It's a natural product and can be used to relieve the symptoms and as a maintenance daily.

Winston
March 19th, 2010, 12:03 PM
Well I left Bomber locked up in a bedroom rather than the bathroom. I am such a suck but didnt want to leave him all day while at work on the ceramic floors in the bathroom with no bed or blanket. So I locked him in the upstairs bedroom that he normally spends his days in anyway and his sister has free run of the house.

I didnt want to do it last night while we were sleeping cause he likely would have cried all night long. I have to say though I gave Bomber his first drops of the metacam last night and he wasnt as vocal as he has been. He wasnt sleepy or groggy just quieter? so perhaps it is helping with pain. I honestly dont think I am going to get him to pee in that litter but you never know.

Worst case scenario I will have to drop him off and leave him there til they get the sample. I just hate leaving him there cause I know he is such a suck! and would miss us terribly. He is very much a people cat!

All I can do is hope for now that I am making the right decision for Bomber.

Cindy

Frenchy
March 19th, 2010, 12:08 PM
He wasnt sleepy or groggy just quieter? so perhaps it is helping with pain.

I'm pretty sure it did. :thumbs up

He'll probably be sleeping all day :sleepy:

:fingerscr for pee.

sugarcatmom
March 19th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Can't remember, were either of your kitties ever put on Cosequin to help strengthen their bladder lining?

Some other things worth trying are corn silk or marshmallow root powder (soothing to mucus membranes and anti-inflammatory), and D-mannose or colloidal silver rather than antibiotics if bacteria are indeed an issue.

Winston
March 19th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Yes both Tabitha and Bomber are on the cosequin for cats. Its been about 1 month since I started that. The vet was very pleased to hear that too!

Well got a sample...took it to the vet and they said it was no good?? Apparently a couple of pieces of the regular litter must have still been in the box and he says that will contaminate it...

I was so fortunate to also get a poop sample! opposite sites of the box but none the less he left me both...perhaps he wasnt sure which one I wanted?? :D So we have to try again but not until Monday cause they have no one around on weekends....

Boy he was really annoyed when I finally let him out of the bedrom...I guess he thought he was gonna get in trouble for peeing and pooping cause he ran into the other bedroom and hid under the bed for a bit....my poor boy!

I forget who asked but I did have Tabitha all checked out with xrays and the ultrasound, blood and urine tested to only be told that there is nothing they can do for ideopathic cystitus so I havent taken that route with Bomber because this vet just diagnosed it and didnt say to do all those on Bomber yet. Maybe its something hereditary cause they are brother and sister??

I am happy to report that the little Princess Tabitha has been good and peeing in her box and not outside of it for awhile now!! :thumbs up (maybe she figured out that if she is good she doesnt have to go to that awful vets office!) :D

rjesak
March 20th, 2010, 06:57 AM
Lucky you! Oscar won't go near the nosorb and he wouldn't even go on the floor! :wall:We were trying to get a sample so we gave him sub-q fluids, and locked him up for twelve hours (I knew he hadn't gone for at least four hours before that) and his bladder felt like a tennis ball but he wouldn't go. :eek: Finally, on the advice of SugarCatMom (I was kind of panicking because I didn't want him locked in there all night too), I decided to let him out and see if he'd pee in a cup. Well, he wasn't holding it anymore - he FLEW to the litter box and couldn't be bothered to move when I stuck the cup under his butt! :laughing:

Good luck with Bomber!! :fingerscr

Frenchy
March 20th, 2010, 12:27 PM
I am happy to report that the little Princess Tabitha has been good and peeing in her box and not outside of it for awhile now!! :thumbs up (maybe she figured out that if she is good she doesnt have to go to that awful vets office!) :D

yeaaaa Tabitha !

too bad about the pee sample not working out though :(

Winston
March 20th, 2010, 09:18 PM
I am going to try again next week. The vet is not open on the weekend and I am going to be out of town a bit next week and dont want to leave him locked up for 12 -14 hours so we will see. I have to say that I do think the metacam is doing something for him. He appears to be happier to me in the sense that he is not picking on his sister or seeming grumpy. He has towned down the dramatic vocals to a minimum...as I am typing this he wants mommy's attention.... :laughing::laughing:
I have watched him successfully use the litter box so I dont know?? I guess I have to wait now for him and see if he starts going outside the box again...I am still going through with the urine test and also another blood panel. I am pretty sure he was pretty good when last checked. I still have to discuss the regime with Bomber for tests now that he is using the metacam.

I keep ya all posted next week if we have a successfull pee! :thumbs up

Stacer
March 22nd, 2010, 09:29 PM
I feel your pain. I struggled with the metacam decision, and decided in end not to use it. If it seems to be working for Bomber that's awesome, we hate to see our babies in pain.

I must say though, that the cosequin was a life saver for us when we were dealing with Angus' peeing problem. We still faithfully give it to him and he's a different cat.

hazelrunpack
March 22nd, 2010, 10:50 PM
I'm glad he's feeling a bit better, Winston! :goodvibes: for the follow-up tests!

Winston
March 27th, 2010, 08:20 AM
Well I got the sample done a couple of days ago and DH dropped it off. They have told me that Bomber has no crystals but high bacteria. Since I did the urine test with the NOSORB as I understand its bound to have bacteria and the only way clear way is the needle extraction. The vet left antibiortics at the front counter for me. Thats all they told me over the phone. I am concerned about the antibiotic and metacam together.

Bomber was not peeing outside the box for over a week now since the metacam started and yesterday he decided he would piss me off and pee'd at the side door again. Funny I had forgetten to give him metacam yesterday??

Sugarcatmom has suggested a couple of things and I am going to try those first before going and getting the antibiotics. Bomber is the polar opposite of Tabitha when it comes to being pilled. He lets his mommy do it no problem!! :thumbs up Tabitha is the :evil: with pilling!!

So the saga continues!

14+kitties
March 27th, 2010, 09:02 AM
I am so sorry you are still having these issues with Bomber. He is such a sweet kitty. :cloud9: Hopefully things will work out soon. :fingerscr

hazelrunpack
March 27th, 2010, 10:47 AM
Did they say what kind of bacteria, Winston? Some or all might from the environment and not likely to cause urinary tract disease in animals. :shrug:

Winston
March 29th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Well just got back from the vet...he wasnt available to talk to me about Bomber. So I refused the antibiotics first off and I guess they were not too impressed. I dont care I want to help Bomber not fight with them. I asked her to ask the vet about the Colloidal Silver and D-mannose to see what his opinions would be and she just said she would have him call me. I asked her about the urine test and she gave me a copy. I didnt look at it while I was there but she had pointed out to me that Bomber had 3+ blood and Cocci and something else. Anyway long story short I guess she wasnt looking at the right urine report because mine is different. :wall:

So it shows

Color Light Yellow
Odour Normal
Not Fasted
Mild Cloudiness
Flucculent

Specific Gravity 1.025
PH 5
Protein 1+
Glucose Normal
Ketones Neg
Urobillium Normal
Bilirubin Neg
Blood Neg

Flucculent after spinning

WBC's 1+
Squamus Epith 1+
Hyaline 1-2+
Cocci 3+
Fat 1+
Mucus 2+

Thats about it. If I want a Culture and Sensitivity done apparently I need to ask for that one. So Bomber survived the night and I gave him his forst dose of the Silver and D-mannose! He started being a little more vocal again so I am wondering about the Metacam??

ancientgirl
March 29th, 2010, 06:41 PM
I don't understand doctors, be they human or for animals. They act like they are doing you a favor by seeing you, and don't realize there are other doctors out there. How much of your vet's time would you have taken? You pay the vet for their services, so the least they can do is speak with you and inform you.:frustrated:

sugarcatmom
March 30th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Specific Gravity 1.025
PH 5

Bomber definitely has rather dilute (and acidic) urine. Normal would be about 1.035 to 1.060. When it gets less than 1.030, it's time to figure out why. I know I keep asking, but when was the last time Bomber had blood work done? I can't remember if I've seen those results.

It is entirely possible that Bomber does have a urinary tract infection. When cats have a USG around 1.040 and up, it's an incredibly hostile environment for bacteria to thrive so a true UTI in one of these cats is highly unlikely. The less concentrated the urine, the easier it is for bacteria to set up shop. Infections become more common in older cats because they're more likely to develop conditions like diabetes, hyperthyroidism, and kidney insufficiency, all of which result in more dilute urine.

Give the D-mannose and silver a try, but if you don't see improvement in a week to 10 days, Bomber might have to go on antibiotics afterall.

He started being a little more vocal again so I am wondering about the Metacam??

If it were me, I would not be giving Metacam to Bomber, especially not for any prolonged period. It's quite possible that there is already an issue with his kidneys. Buprenex would be my choice, but it's not always so easy to come by.

binkybuff
March 30th, 2010, 01:44 PM
This is a little off topic, but sort of relates as well.

I went into the hospital a few years back, and they found I had a double kidney infection, and asked if I had, had a bladder infection recently. I said no, I had no symptoms of a bladder infection. when they took the sample, they said, oh yes, you did. At the time, my urine was very light coloured, no burning, etc., and with the kidney infection, my body was filling up. I went to the hosiptal because of pain in the abdomen, and difficult to breathe. When I came home with the anti biotics, I lost 17 pounds in a day or two. I was told that I was only days from renal failure, and it was good that I presented myself to the hospital when I did.

I am only saying this, because, of the issues your kitty seems to be having, he may have had a bladder infection, and it gone to the kidneys.

Needless to say, I don't wish the pain of the kidney infection on my worst enemy, I just wanted to die, it was so bad.

my :2cents: worth

take care
binky

Winston
April 1st, 2010, 05:16 PM
Well guys I have offically given up! I am so pissed off at the vet right now I am seeing red!

The receptionist returned my call instead of the vet because he has been far to busy this week. She tells me that he looked at the names of the d-mannose and the colloidal silver that I had reccomended to me cause I wanted his opinion. He (the vet) doesnt know anything about any of the items I asked about. He would like to know what studies had been done for how long by whom you name it whatever....Then the receptionist says to me he has a little joke written down here that says that he has some land in Florida if I am interested?????:eek: I am beyond pissed and I say fine we forget the Natural Approach miss receptionist what is the vets solution other than the antibiotics? has he even looked at the Urine specific gravity to see that it is below normal? does he even realize that I am giving Bomber metacam and he has an issue with his kidneys?

When I broguht Bomber in it was agreed that we would give him the metacam for pain and then do a urine test and take it from there? So I asked miss receptionist I guess I am taking it from there? what the hell does that mean? I have already refused the antibiotics because I am worried about harming him any more?

Miss recptionist says she will talk to the vet and call me back???

Before I let her hang out I also told her that on Monday she told me while I stood in their office that Bomber had 3+ parts of Blood in his urine as well...only when I get home and look at the report it has no blood in it this time????? what the heck?

Just to point out that I was at his office last week and asked for a call back on Monday? its now Thursday and she said he has been really really busy? now I even wondwer if he bothered to check it out?

Sigh.............................:( I am stressed

hazelrunpack
April 1st, 2010, 06:50 PM
That sucks, Winston :grouphug: Sounds like a new clinic might be in order. :frustrated:

How does Bomber seem to be feeling? :goodvibes:

ancientgirl
April 1st, 2010, 06:56 PM
So he wanted you to do his job for him instead of him being a good vet and reading up on medications and treatments?

If it were me, I'd walk into that office and ask for the medical records and tell them why I'm taking my pets elsewhere. What a jerk.:grouphug:

Winston
April 1st, 2010, 09:52 PM
Well the receptionist called me back and basically the vets blamed one another. She said he recomended seeing if Bomber doesnt need the metacam and start giving it to him every other day. She said he agreed with me that giving Bomber the same antibiotic that obviously didnt resolve the problem before was not a good idea. Basically lets wait and see if he continues to pee outside the box.

Apologised to me for the confusion but I am still mad.

hazelrunpack
April 2nd, 2010, 12:03 AM
I would be, too. Making jokes behind clients backs? Not very professional...nor is it very professional when the vet still wont take the time to actually talk to you on the phone! :frustrated: And what about the urinalysis results? :shrug:

sugarcatmom
April 2nd, 2010, 12:28 PM
He would like to know what studies had been done for how long by whom you name it whatever....
D-mannose info:
http://www.healingtherapies.info/Urinary-Tract%20Health.htm
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6346629
http://tinyurl.com/yarbt3m
http://health.learninginfo.org/natural-remedy-urinary-tract-infections.htm
http://www.d-mannoseworks.com/

Silver info:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17379174
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19726047
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16766878
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17468052
http://www.silver-colloids.com/Reports/reports.html

Not that the vet has time to read them or anything :rolleyes:. Maybe he should take a break from his hectic schedule and visit his land in Florida :laughing:.

nor is it very professional when the vet still wont take the time to actually talk to you on the phone! :frustrated:

Agree!! This alone would be enough to make me find another vet.

Winston
April 3rd, 2010, 01:51 PM
Thanks SCM! I would like to take those links and stick them somewhere.

Hazel I am just gonna take a chance that the silver and the dmannose are gonna help clear up any bugs he might have. As for the metacam I am just gonna ween him off now and see how things go. We havent had any more out of the box instances now for a few days. Although I bet if I tempted him with a blankie from Winston he'd still pee on it...:(

I do think that the metacam did help him because of his improved behaviour.

A friend of muine has just checked out an all cat vet and likes it... yes I think its time to change yet again. I just feel like there are no vets out there that I am happy with...

SCM both bomber and tabitha are enjoying the baby food with their new treats..:D

rainbow
April 3rd, 2010, 02:33 PM
I just read this now ....poor you :grouphug: and poor Bomber :grouphug: ....what an ordeal you've been through. :grouphug:

And, what a jerk of a vet making a joke like that to repeat to you. :eek: I would def be finding a new vet as well so hope the one your friend mentioned has better manners. :fingerscr

Good luck with the colloidal silver and d-mannose :fingerscr :goodvibes: and, I hope it helps him and that he is back to normal soon. :grouphug: :fingerscr

14+kitties
April 3rd, 2010, 02:51 PM
I find a lot of vets think we, the people whom they rely on to pay them, are supposed to take their word as law and not do any research on our own. Unless we have initials behind our names what studies we find are useless. The vet I go to now at least takes the time to look over any new info I bring in and lets me know what she thinks.
IMO I would be finding a new vet asap. One that actually put patients first. They are the ones that are paying for that fictitious "land in Florida."

Winston
April 3rd, 2010, 04:22 PM
Part of the problem too is that they dont take the Natural approach too seriously...if they took it half as seriously as they did the crap food they sell alot more people would be happy!

I just hate changing vets again..this will be the third vet now? :( wonder what the new vet would think?

chico2
April 3rd, 2010, 04:53 PM
Winston,I've had three vets too,my old vets(3-4 in the office)treated my like I knew nothing about cats,or what's good for mine.
My vet now is very good,respects my view on things,the only problem is,the cats go"feral"with him:laughing:but it's ok..
With my former vets,the cats would freeze in terror and would allow anything to be done to them.

Don't ever feel bad about changing vets,I wanted one,where he is the only vet in the office and that's what I have now.
Vets and doctors,know darn well,anything they say we can research on the PC and they better get used to it,after all,we love our cats and do not want to harm them.
Good Luck with Bomber:fingerscr

Winston
April 17th, 2010, 02:23 PM
Just thought I would give you guys an update and hopefully I am not jumping the gun...

I have been given Bomber and Tabitha the d-mannose and also the colidal silver and the cosequin for cats in order to help Bomber with whatever was ailing him and causing him to urinate outside the box..so far so good....:thumbs up

The cosequin he has been on for a couple fo months now. He has been off the metacam for about 1 week now as well.

I still have not found another vet but will hopefully find one I like soon..:(

So both seem happy!...Hazel please run through the anti jinking routine please!! :D

Frenchy
April 17th, 2010, 02:29 PM
I just hate changing vets again..this will be the third vet now? :( wonder what the new vet would think?

IMO , the new vet would think : I better impress this new client :)

I've been at 4 different vets in my area. Stuck with one until I had to go to another one (a bit further) with a foster last summer , I thought they were amazing and they are now my regular vets. So yes , sometimes it takes a while to find the perfect place. :cool:

hazelrunpack
April 17th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Hazel please run through the anti jinking routine please!! :D

You got it! :thumbs up :D

Good luck on the vet search, too! :goodvibes: