Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Do not buy!

chico2
March 17th, 2010, 08:50 AM
For those of you who still use clay cat-litter,like me,I have no other choice.
I have been buying my litter for years at Costco(don't know if I can say the name:confused:)they have now changed the formula to a"green"variety.
It is the most awful stuff,supposed to be 99,9% dustfree,but I just about choked putting it in the boxes and my downstairs bathroom filled with dust.:yell:
Needless to say,I went out and bought another litter,100% better.
I have contacted Costco,hopefully they'll stop selling it.

Melinda
March 17th, 2010, 09:18 AM
could they have put a wrong label on the pail/bag? that is a sin!! now what if someone purchasing it had lung trouble and bought the dust free on purpose??

BenMax
March 17th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Good to know. Thanks Chico2!

Sheri H
March 17th, 2010, 07:38 PM
I used to love the Costco litter, but haven't bought it since they started with this new one. Hopefully, they'll go back to the other kind.

14+kitties
March 17th, 2010, 10:04 PM
could they have put a wrong label on the pail/bag? that is a sin!! now what if someone purchasing it had lung trouble and bought the dust free on purpose??

Costco only sells one type of litter I believe Melinda.
It's possible they changed it to a cheaper variety to keep the prices down. I bought some a couple of weeks ago in St. Cats and it was good. Maybe haven't got to the dusty one yet. :shrug: Hopefully they won't.

chico2
March 18th, 2010, 07:51 AM
They have changed it,even the box is different,it's a green box with leaves on it and it truly is horrible,maybe it has not been changed in all the stores yet.
It is the same brand name as before,but 100% different,I too liked the litter before.

krdahmer
March 18th, 2010, 02:05 PM
My parents use that one too Chico...thanks for the heads up I'll let them know to look out for a change in the box, so they don't buy the new one.:thumbs up

quincymycat
March 18th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Oh, no!!!! I have been using this brand for ages...price was good and the quality better than many of the brand names. I still have 3 boxes at home but will check if my local costco has changed the packaging yet and try to ge more of the original stuff if it is available.

chico2
March 18th, 2010, 04:17 PM
QMC,I too have used the Costco brand for years,but no more until they change it back.
The dust was unbelievable,even my glasses got all dusty,terrible stuff.