Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My Lost Kitty :'(

slefkowitz122
March 15th, 2010, 08:24 PM
My Cat is male, 4 yrs old, neutered, and outdoor. He's spends almost all his time outside in the summer and only comes in for food. In the winter he mainly stays indoors though except he goes outside to litter (ever since he was a kitten he's been littering outside). We've had him for 2 years and regardless of the time of year, he ALWAYS comes in after a few hours for food or nap etc. One time last October, we let him out at 9am and he didn't come back until 10pm that night...that's the LONGEST he's ever been gone. He always stays pretty close to the house.

I let him out yesterday morning (march 14) and now it's 8pm (march 15) and he's still not back yet! It has never been this long and I'm really worried. My neighbors have been informed but none of them have seen him. I looked for him all morning and walked around my entire neighborhood shaking his bag of treats and calling him (that always works...but no luck yet). I don't know what to do. :( I'm gonna put up posters tomorrow.

EDIT: HE JUST CAME HOME!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!

RobbiesMom
March 15th, 2010, 11:55 PM
I'm so happy for you both! Now if only Robbie would make it home...its been a week.

14+kitties
March 15th, 2010, 11:58 PM
Wonderful news!! Now would maybe be a good time to start teaching him to use a litter box indoors and only allowing him out on a leash and harness. That way your precious boy will be safe from all the dangers outside. JMO:shrug: