Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

You wanted pics, well here he is.....

Rottielover
March 15th, 2010, 08:54 AM
He is coming along great :) We are thrilled with him, and Harley is warming up to a baby in the house, he has even given him his favorite flying squirrel to sleep with....

Rottielover
March 15th, 2010, 08:55 AM
and of course some more before you guys hurt me, LOL

Rottielover
March 15th, 2010, 08:56 AM
And a few more

mummummum
March 15th, 2010, 09:02 AM
:lovestruck: It's a good thing he doesn't live in my house ~ his paws would never hit the ground! What a hunny-bun! And Harley ~ YOU are amazing!

chico2
March 15th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Aww Harley,what a good boy he is:lovestruck:
I bet he'll teach the little one a few tricks and gently let him know who's the boss:dog:
How is the pup with the cats,or the cats with the pup,or did I mix you up with someone else and you don't have any kitties:confused:

Rottielover
March 15th, 2010, 09:18 AM
Taz wants to play with missy not hurt her, he normally leaves her alone, but once in awhile she plays with him. They are great together.
Taz already knows his name and tonight we will be working on sit, he has been home only 2 1/2 days. He has conquered 8 stairs going up and down, greets everyone, shows a lot of confidence, has no issues looking at me in the eyes either which will make the command focus really easy to learn.
He has a lot of potential as a show and Obedience dog. I am thrilled with the pick that the breeder made for me :)

Melinda
March 15th, 2010, 09:22 AM
oh god...cuteness overload in the morning!!!!! mini me *L* what a handsome dude...ok,,,, how much?? just for a weekend......I'll pay....(ransom won't be cheap) thanks for the pics!!!

Love4himies
March 15th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Awwww, Harley, what an amazing uncle you are being :cloud9:.

Oh, and how sweet is that Taz :cloud9::lovestruck:. Could never get enough pics of him :cloud9:

Dog Dancer
March 15th, 2010, 01:41 PM
OMG I want him so bad!!! What a darling. They look like they're getting along fine. That's great.

Melinda
March 15th, 2010, 02:08 PM
OMG I want him so bad!!! What a darling. They look like they're getting along fine. That's great.

back of the line sister, I was here first!!!!:crazy:

cpietra16
March 15th, 2010, 03:52 PM
OMG....he's adorable. so small :lovestruck:

ancientgirl
March 15th, 2010, 04:22 PM
He's so darn cute! I just want to scoop him up and hug him! I wish I had the room for a dog. You are so lucky.

BenMax
March 15th, 2010, 04:34 PM
What a gorgeous little baby!:lovestruck:

Dee-O-Gee
March 15th, 2010, 10:16 PM
I absolutely love the first picture in the 3rd post---He's mugging for the camera! :D

What a sweet boy Rottielover! :lovestruck:

Shaykeija
March 15th, 2010, 11:47 PM
So cute..hmmm I wonder if i could pass one off as a long legged Shih Tzu? What do you think my chances are? :laughing::D

Melinda
March 16th, 2010, 07:32 AM
Rottielover, I wonder if you could pm me the breeders name, a friend of mine lost her 11 yr old rottie to cancer last sept. and would love to obtain another and wants to go the "breeder" route this time. She doesn't mind waiting till a litter is planned.

Rottielover
March 16th, 2010, 08:27 AM
He is such a cuddle bug, started to warm up and playing alot. He finally started eating more because of the extra playing.
Teething, can you say teething again. Wow does he have amazing grip when he does not want to drop. He knows his name and sit, next command to learn is drop it....
I have to walk around with a toy to redirect him all the time, he loves anything that moves, especially pant legs, LOL

Melinda
March 16th, 2010, 08:33 AM
*LOL* sharp little teeth huh?......all part of the fun times!

Golden Girls
March 16th, 2010, 08:53 AM
off topic sorry RL Melinda are you talking about your biker friend that was looking for a Rotti, weren't they looking into rescueing one?

OH my Taz is a cutie patootie :cloud9: thanks for sharing!

Melinda
March 16th, 2010, 09:47 AM
yes gg its them and yes they were looking into rescue, their last one was a rescue from ottawa. they were turned down by one because of their "life style" and another because of not having a fenced yard, they live on over 40 acres of bush with no other homes or highways around. So they decided to go to a breeder if I could find them a good trusted one *S*
sorry to thread jack Rottie lover and thank you for the information. If all the pups are as beautiful as yours I'd even be tempted to get one!! Or I'll content myself watching your baby grow up !

TeriM
March 17th, 2010, 01:03 AM
Congrats RL, he is adorable :cloud9:.

Rottielover
March 17th, 2010, 08:21 AM
I asked one of his trainers to come show me how to deal with a very hard headed pup, he has the complete opposite temperament of Harley. This pup is really confident and full of drive, he is not food motivated which makes things a little harder.
She was saying that he should excel in the OB ring, as of for 9 weeks he is very smart, lots of focus on me, and is learning very quickly.
Sit is perfect, name is great, and now he has picked up on the leave it command. Not perfect, but he sort of understands it.
I am so happy with the choice that was made.
Funny thing is, Harley walks away when the puppy comes to close, which in the pups eyes he is winning, so I am going to have to take him down a notch.
If Harley has a toy and the puppy wants it, Harley drops it and walks away. LOL.
Taz is on leash in the house to work on his chase drive, he really wants the cat, gets frustrated when he gets to the end of the leash and I say leave it.
He looks at me as if to say but mom, I want her.
March 31st is first day of Puppy school, While some of the pups are going to be stressed, Taz will be right up there willing to learn :)

Melinda
March 17th, 2010, 08:26 AM
well good luck in class!! Brina wasn't food motivated at all at 9 weeks when we started OB class, her thing was a plastic water bottle *L* I'd squish it to make noise and she'd do anything for a chance to grab that bottle!

Golden Girls
March 17th, 2010, 09:09 AM
I am so happy with the choice that was made.
Funny thing is, Harley walks away when the puppy comes to close, which in the pups eyes he is winning, so I am going to have to take him down a notch.
If Harley has a toy and the puppy wants it, Harley drops it and walks away. LOL.Glad your happy with their choice! Please correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't this be a good thing for Harley to just walk away, why would you want to "take it down a notch"? I say this from some of your past posts where you've often said Harley was a very dominant male so I'll assume it would be a good thing to learn while the pup is still little?

hazelrunpack
March 17th, 2010, 10:00 AM
He's a real cutie, RL :flirt:

Rottielover
March 17th, 2010, 12:26 PM
The ignoring is great, but what I mean by taking it down a notch is not to allow Taz to force Harley to walk away, and keep him tethered with me. Harley should not have to feel that he has to give up his space because spazzy Taz wants to be where he is.
Harley has warned him which is great, but once again it should be correcting him and not poor Harley. Taz has a lot of drive and smarts too.

Dog Dancer
March 17th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Taz is just too cute. As for him and Harley, I went through the same thing with my girl Shadow when we got Halo. Shadow is a very dominant female, but with Halo she'd just roll over and let Halo have whatever she wanted. Shadow was three when we got Halo as a puppy. But I have to say, when Shadow had enough of it she knew exactly how to let Halo know to back off! Halo may have taken fifteen toys from her, but when enough was enough Shadow would let her know. If Halo wanted Shadow's sleeping spot Shadow would give it to her "IF she felt like it" otherwise - she'd let her know. I think Harley and Taz will probably figure this out on their own. But it probably isn't a bad thing to monitor it either just so Taz doesn't get nuts.

luckypenny
March 17th, 2010, 01:38 PM
What a cute puppy Taz is :lovestruck:.

But I have to say, when Shadow had enough of it she knew exactly how to let Halo know to back off! Halo may have taken fifteen toys from her, but when enough was enough Shadow would let her know. If Halo wanted Shadow's sleeping spot Shadow would give it to her "IF she felt like it" otherwise - she'd let her know. I think Harley and Taz will probably figure this out on their own.

DD, that's been our our experience with all the foster pups that come through our home. The adults seem to distribute a sort of "puppy license" to all of them...in the sense that young puppies are permitted to behave just like, well, young puppies. As the pups mature, the adults will begin to slowly and patiently teach the pups where their limits are. Walking away can be seen as the adult communicating to the puppy that play/attention ends if the pup is behaving too obnoxiously. And we can see the puppies react positively to this as they tone down their behavior almost immediately. It can also be a way for the adult to cope with too much stimulation/stress which is a good thing. Momma dogs do this all the time. Well balanced adult dogs don't use harsh corrections to teach a pup so young...they use subtle body language and facial expressions.

BenMax
March 17th, 2010, 01:56 PM
What a cute puppy Taz is :lovestruck:.

DD, that's been our our experience with all the foster pups that come through our home. The adults seem to distribute a sort of "puppy license" to all of them...in the sense that young puppies are permitted to behave just like, well, young puppies. As the pups mature, the adults will begin to slowly and patiently teach the pups where their limits are. Walking away can be seen as the adult communicating to the puppy that play/attention ends if the pup is behaving too obnoxiously. And we can see the puppies react positively to this as they tone down their behavior almost immediately. It can also be a way for the adult to cope with too much stimulation/stress which is a good thing. Momma dogs do this all the time. Well balanced adult dogs don't use harsh corrections to teach a pup so young...they use subtle body language and facial expressions.

If anyone has dog and puppy experience - that would definately be you LP. Great insight!:thumbs up

kandy
March 17th, 2010, 01:59 PM
What an adorable puppy!!!!!!! I'm glad that he and Harley are getting along! I agree that most older dogs tend to give puppies more leeway than they would an older dog.

And the 'loves anything that moves' - OH, I remember that well with my mom's rotti. Didn't matter if it was pant legs, shoe laces, a rake, a broom, the vacuum, whatever - if it moved, it got attacked. LOL Kind of tough to vacumm with a 30lb puppy jumping up and down on it.