Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Anyone else watching Crufts onine?

DoubleRR
March 12th, 2010, 12:32 PM
Just wanted to remark that it is so nice to watch free streaming video of the group judging, as well as the agility, heel to music,etc . I love the fact that cropping of tails has joined cropping of ears as illegal in the UK. Some breeds I have never seen with a full tail--and they look so much better to me.

hazelrunpack
March 12th, 2010, 04:18 PM
I just upgraded from dial-up to DSL so I didn't even know they had such things as streaming video of dog shows! :eek: Do they do it live or is it a taped video that you can view anytime? :o (Sorry for the stupid questions. :o My horizons are being stretched lately.... :laughing:)

mummummum
March 12th, 2010, 07:33 PM
http://www.dfscrufts.tv

It looks like, if I'm reading this correctly... that when there are shows on, the streaming is live but you can also watch replays from their video bank.

Awwww...I just saw a 15 yr old Finnish Spitz competitor.

hazelrunpack
March 12th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Aw, bummer. :frustrated: Looks like to see the old video, you have to 'buy a ticket'... :shrug:

I'll have to remember to check it out next year when they're streaming it live, though! :thumbs up

luckypenny
March 12th, 2010, 08:58 PM
They're supposed to be back online at 2:30am your time, Hazel.

hazelrunpack
March 12th, 2010, 09:15 PM
2:30 A.M.!!???!! :eek: Well, the sillies! Who's going to be up then? :frustrated:

:laughing: Sigh...

DoubleRR
March 12th, 2010, 11:05 PM
You can still get a lot of it in the morning likely. You have to register with them but then you get the streaming video free. And all vids of previous years are free too.

hazelrunpack
March 12th, 2010, 11:07 PM
I'll have to check it out again tomorrow morning first thing :thumbs up

luckypenny
March 12th, 2010, 11:12 PM
Thank you sooo much for posting this thread, RR! I just finished watching a bunch of the videos on that site...great stuff!

hazelrunpack
March 12th, 2010, 11:17 PM
Did you register, LP? I could only play the one about the retiring spitz, but the others I tried said I needed to purchase some sort of ticket? :confused: Or did I just choose the wrong videos? :shrug:

hazelrunpack
March 12th, 2010, 11:23 PM
Oh, I just found a few more to watch. :o

This video stuff still mystifies me. :laughing:

Okay, so am I getting this right now? The show is going on over the next few days. While it's being held they'll be streaming live video of the action? :o

Modern technology! Who knew? :shrug: :D

DoubleRR
March 12th, 2010, 11:24 PM
You just chose the wrong videos--they won't show videos from this year--without a ticket. Older stuff is free--just search around.

hazelrunpack
March 12th, 2010, 11:27 PM
I think I need a tour guide. :o

I found a few more to watch, though :thumbs up If you find an English setter, let me know? :D

hazelrunpack
March 13th, 2010, 08:05 AM
Excellent, DoubleRR! :thumbs up I just caught some of the agility competition!! :highfive: :thankyou:

luckypenny
March 13th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Flyball is on now :goodvibes:.

DoubleRR
March 13th, 2010, 08:33 AM
Don't you love some of the team names they come up with? Darn, I have to work in a couple of hrs, cant sit around and watch it all morning like yesterday!
Show Schedule today:
http://www.crufts.org.uk/whats-on/day3

luckypenny
March 13th, 2010, 09:26 AM
They're showing many dogs who were rescues...and are now therapy, service, and tv stars :cry:. Simply amazing...just warms my heart :).

otter
March 13th, 2010, 11:49 AM
I am so impressed with Crufts. I've never been a dog show fan (fancy doggies just prancing around the ring looking pretty just wasn't my thing :shrug:) but this dog show brings out all the best of doggies! I like the idea that looks aren't everything at this show :thumbs up

Sigh, Nolie is gonna be pissed off at me... warm springy kinda day out and i'm gonna sit here and watch OTHER doggies all day :laughing: (no, don't worry, Nolie will get her time with me too)

hazelrunpack
March 13th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Rats! I just got back and missed today's activities. And tomorrow the in-laws are coming for dinner, so I'll likely miss a lot tomorrow, too :frustrated:

Who woulda thunk you could get good stuff like this on the computer? :eek: :o

mummummum
March 13th, 2010, 04:40 PM
I wonder when the 2010 vids become free?!

In-laws? You have in-laws? I didn't think you and DSL were married yet! :D

hazelrunpack
March 13th, 2010, 04:58 PM
Oh, ya! :p

Actually, the in-laws have the place next door. Next nearest neighbors beyond them are a quarter mile down the road. :o So they're all I have :eek: :o :D Well, all I had. Now I can spend my time talking to videos on the computer. :o :laughing:

mummummum
March 13th, 2010, 05:01 PM
I wonder when the 2010 vids become free?!

In-laws? You have in-laws? I didn't think you and DSL were married yet! :D

Ahem...:p... silly wabbit

mummummum
March 13th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Actually, the in-laws have the place next door. Next nearest neighbors beyond them are a quarter mile down the road.

That's errrr.... cozy. As long as they're in-laws and not monster-in-laws!

Do they share your obsession... errr... love of dogs?:D

And can't you complain to them to keep THEIR deer away from your fences? :laughing:

:sorry::offtopic:

hazelrunpack
March 13th, 2010, 09:39 PM
Cozy, indeed :p

They like dog shows, too! (See? Back on topic! :laughing:)