Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

No pointless debate

Golden Girls
March 10th, 2010, 07:06 AM
:sorry: this time of year is here again :cry:

Liberal Senator Mac Harb "Bill S-229" is determined to end seal hunt
http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Senator+determined+seal+hunt/2661940/story.html

The seal hunt has sparked an international boycott of Canadian seafood products and is opposed by an overwhelming majority of Canadians, Americans and Europeans to call off the 2010 commercial seal hunt. We cannot help the devastation of our ecological disaster for the seals (no ice foes) but we can take action to save the pups who manage to survive

Please implore Canada's Prime Minister, Stephen Harper, to cancel this year's seal hunt:
https://secure.humanesociety.org/site/Advocacy?pagename=homepage&page=UserAction&id=4441&autologin=true&JServSessionIdr004=9pzzzs8op2.app303a

Permission to post this approved by Admins

Melinda
March 10th, 2010, 07:28 AM
signed and personal message attached....I'm so ashamed at this time to be a canadian............

chico2
March 10th, 2010, 07:38 AM
Here we go again:evil:
Putting Seal-Meat on the menu,is just another way to give the finger to the European Union for banning imports of anything Seal,IMO the stupidest move I've heard of..ignorant
As far as I know mostly native people eat Sealmeat,the professional "clubbers"leave the skinned carcasses behind in a bloody horror.

ancientgirl
March 10th, 2010, 08:10 AM
signed and personal message attached....I'm so ashamed at this time to be a canadian............

I'm ashamed to be a human being. We have no right to take the lives of these and any other animal.

marko
March 10th, 2010, 10:51 AM
This is the 3rd year a thread like this gets posted...it always goes bad because it is so hot. It tends to divide our pet community not unite it.

Many guests and members of this board support the seal hunt, many do not.

So feel free to sign or not sign but this thread will remain closed.

Thx - Marko