Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pet Transport

Monkey68
March 8th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Hi,

Does anyone know of a ground pet transport service between Toronto and Montreal?
I do not love the idea of sending a pup on a plane; although perhaps someone may have some positive accolades which would be much appreciated.
Trains also consider pets cargo.
Just wondering of there is a pet transport service that actually exists?
If anyone knows please advise.

Many Thanks!

BenMax
March 8th, 2010, 12:36 PM
There are a group of people that make efforts.

Also - is the puppy fully vaccinated and have intra nasal bordatella? Where is the puppy from?

Can you tell me what you are sending and why? Maybe I can put you into the right direction.

Monkey68
March 8th, 2010, 01:51 PM
Hi,

This is not a rescue. Unfortunately. have been unsuccessful with SPCA etc.

Just a regular pup pick up from a reputable breeder.
Toronto-Montreal.

Thanks for any info,

Looks like I'm driving so far!(Not keen on placing a pup in a crate on a plane/train though I suppose unless I do it myself its the same thing).

BenMax
March 8th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Hi,

This is not a rescue. Unfortunately. have been unsuccessful with SPCA etc.

Just a regular pup pick up from a reputable breeder.
Toronto-Montreal.

Thanks for any info,

Looks like I'm driving so far!(Not keen on placing a pup in a crate on a plane/train though I suppose unless I do it myself its the same thing).

I wish I could help. I actually make this trip for rescues or there are those that do this once a week. If your puppy was a rescue I could have helped...my apologies.

I am with you - go and pick up the baby....this way you are certain that there will be no ill affects on the plane as she/he will be in cargo.

MerlinsHope
March 8th, 2010, 03:08 PM
I often do a Montreal - Toronto run and very often a Montreal - Prescott Ontario run. For rescue dogs this is a benevolent function, however for non rescues I do charge a tariff that goes to rescue, so if I can help you that way, please let me know.
My next trip to Prescott is March 26th/27

You can email me or contact me via this group.

BenMax
March 8th, 2010, 03:49 PM
I often do a Montreal - Toronto run and very often a Montreal - Prescott Ontario run. For rescue dogs this is a benevolent function, however for non rescues I do charge a tariff that goes to rescue, so if I can help you that way, please let me know.
My next trip to Prescott is March 26th/27

You can email me or contact me via this group.

Excellent!!

Personally I cannot do it with shelter or pound dogs. If the pup gets any 'bug' from these dogs, I do not want to hold the liability.

But so glad you can offer the service.:thumbs up

MerlinsHope
March 9th, 2010, 06:13 AM
Personally I cannot do it with shelter or pound dogs. If the pup gets any 'bug' from these dogs, I do not want to hold the liability.

Most people I know, including myself steam clean their cars after a run. I own dogs and I certainly don't want my own dogs exposed to anything either when they get back into my car, but most people I know who do these rescue runs like myself only take healthy dogs that come with health certificates. I won't put a sick dog in my car either.

Puppies should be properly prepared for travel because even outside the car they can pick up something in the air, on the road, in a dirty crate.. If a puppy picks up a "bug", I don't see how a private individual is going to be liable for that really - because the bug could have been picked up anywhere, even off someone's hands who has nothing to do with other dogs. Anyways, the offer is there.

Melinda
March 9th, 2010, 06:55 AM
thats a great thing you do Merlins Hope, gorgeous dogs on your site also. Here's hoping she takes you up on your offer.

BenMax
March 9th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Most people I know, including myself steam clean their cars after a run. I own dogs and I certainly don't want my own dogs exposed to anything either when they get back into my car, but most people I know who do these rescue runs like myself only take healthy dogs that come with health certificates. I won't put a sick dog in my car either.

Puppies should be properly prepared for travel because even outside the car they can pick up something in the air, on the road, in a dirty crate.. If a puppy picks up a "bug", I don't see how a private individual is going to be liable for that really - because the bug could have been picked up anywhere, even off someone's hands who has nothing to do with other dogs. Anyways, the offer is there.

Don't get me wrong - I am with you. Personally, I aswell travel distance with dogs that are not mine at my own expense.

The dogs I get are not always guaranteed healthy even though vaccinated. I always worry as I do get dogs with Kennel cough, coccidia or giardia. Any reminence of that onto a puppy worries me...even though my vehicle is cleaned after a transport.

I think it's wonderful that you can offer this service.:thumbs up

MerlinsHope
March 10th, 2010, 07:09 AM
The dogs I get are not always guaranteed healthy even though vaccinated.

I SO understand you. I just won't take them anymore though because I put my own dogs at risk. I know there are people who do and personally I thank them because those dogs deserve a chance too and need to get to medical care.
I just won't do it either.

In the meantime, the original poster never did write back, so he/she is probably not interested anyways.

BenMax
March 10th, 2010, 11:52 AM
I SO understand you. I just won't take them anymore though because I put my own dogs at risk. I know there are people who do and personally I thank them because those dogs deserve a chance too and need to get to medical care.
I just won't do it either.

In the meantime, the original poster never did write back, so he/she is probably not interested anyways.

Your offer was generous regardless MerlinsHope. You are good people, and I am a huge fan and respect what you do.:thumbs up