Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

my pitbull blaze

nynymary@yahoo
August 31st, 2004, 04:09 PM
my dog blaze normally doesnt eat anything he's not suppose to as he is a house dog and stays indoors with us unless i walk him on a leash but i've noticed these past couple of months right around bed time i will hear him coughing like he's got something stuck in his throat and licking excessively in the air and then on the floor or his bed and then he will throw up a couple of times during the night, does anyone know what this could be? all he has ever eaten during his like is ekunuba and iams. he is a healthy looking pitbull 6 yrs of age and just started this like 6 months ago? please help me?

ALSO ANYONE WHO THINKS PITBULLS ARE VICIOUS ARE WRONG, ITS THE IRRESPONSIBLE PEOPLE WHO ARE VICIOUS. THEY ARE A BEAUTIFUL BREED AND I HAVE BLAZE WHO WAS WITH ME BEFORE I HAD MY SON WHO IS GOING TO BE THREE SOON AND HE NEVER EVER SHOWED AGGRESSION TO HIM, ONLY LOVE. THATS HOW I RAISED HIM. I WILL ALWAYS HAVE A PITBULL IN MY LIFE. ;)

lezzpezz
August 31st, 2004, 04:14 PM
I am just wondering if you take the dog out right before bedtime and he is sniffing around in the grass or on a neighbours lawn that has been recently fertilized or had some type of chemicals sprayed on it. This kind of stuff can make a dog sick, and you state that it always happens at bedtime. Is it possible that he is getting into something of this nature?

Babs
August 31st, 2004, 06:34 PM
/\/\/\ That sounds like a probable possibility.

I know even my Loki will get sick if she eats too much grass. It's something they do, but too much, or certain kinds of green doesn't sit well in their tummies.

sammiec
September 1st, 2004, 07:58 AM
Have you noticed what consistency his vomit is? Colour? Is the remanents of something that he might have eaten?
My pit bull Briggs has identical reactions - coughing, licking and then throwing up; when this happens she's usually eaten something outside on our walks... she LOVES to chew on pine cones... :rolleyes: :o so wierd....
Sometimes if she eats too much before we go for a walk she might have the same symptoms. I don't think it's much of a concern - I have consulted a vet about this - but keep an eye on him, note the colour and consistency of the vomit and if it occurs more frequently, call your vet... :)

Iggette
September 1st, 2004, 09:16 AM
our rug can get pretty hairy the second day without a vacumme......My bandit used to like the air when he had hair in his throught.....made him gag then spit up a bit of byle(sp?)

Just a note.......take Iams out of his diet they are a cruel animal torturing company that does not deserve your hard earned dollars!!!! (My 2 cents)