Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hooman broken, iz fine

otter
March 5th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Nolie here, anyone remember me?? I was here last spring, mom adopted me in May, told you guys all about me and then proceeded to disappear last fall. Well, I thought i'd better do something about that....

My human hasn't been feeling so good for quite some time now but I really miss all my pets.ca friends so I thought she wouldn't mind if I just dropped by to say "hello". While i'm here maybe I can read up on what some of her friends are up to and tell her about them, maybe it will help her to feel better (paws crossed).

So.... even though mom isn't feeling so good all the time, I still manage to make her smile once in a while:

We (well, ME) won third prize in the dog pull contest at the winter carnival
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_IQVP0j2YCM8/S5G_hYTUCGI/AAAAAAAADS0/eUlr-ZneZIc/s512/3rd%20place%20Nolie.jpg

I pullzed 268lb in 12 sec!
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_IQVP0j2YCM8/S5G_gbwDVQI/AAAAAAAADSw/wLivdAde9dY/s512/Nolie%20the%20puller.jpg

I'm teaching her to dog sled :)
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_IQVP0j2YCM8/S5G_iJIc7eI/AAAAAAAADS4/mx90DbY0NpY/s512/Mel%20no%20and%20slip%201.jpg

and she's trying to teach me that pulling a sled is fun :frustrated:
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_IQVP0j2YCM8/S5G_c8VYy8I/AAAAAAAADSo/Bb-3EyLhv88/s512/IMG_5641.JPG
PFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTT!!!

Hee heee, I read the "my dawg is nuttier than YOUR dawg" thread, I GOTTA get mom to tell you about some of my nuttier (ahem, more dignified) antics. I gotta be related to that Churchill boy, he and I got the same dance moves.

Oh, it's sad to see that some of our friends have passed on. I'm sure everyone missed Bailey a whole bunch but I'm gonna tell mom about him cause she'll be happy to know that he and Molly are catching up on old times.

Hmmmmm, mom often laughed at somebody named "bunduk" but I don't see any stories about him recently, is he still causing trouble? Mom once said I should meet him someday, that we too might be related (I think that was the day I ate her hairbrush, yummy plastic hairbrush!)

Are ya ready? really ready? I bet I can make you smile...

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_IQVP0j2YCM8/S5G_kw63X_I/AAAAAAAADTI/NUQJ0w1q3fc/s512/IMG_5602.JPG

See, I bet you're smiling now aren't you?? :cloud9:

Mom and I misses you all :(

hazelrunpack
March 5th, 2010, 09:20 PM
Yes, I do seem to be smiling! :laughing: And awed!! :eek: 268 lbs in 12 seconds!!!!! Holy catz, Nolie!! That's phenomenal!!!! :highfive:

Sorry to hear your Mom hasn't been feeling well, though :( I hope she's better soon!! :grouphug: :goodvibes:

14+kitties
March 5th, 2010, 09:23 PM
Otter!! It's so nice to see you back!! :grouphug: I hope your health issues are turning around. :fingerscr:goodvibes::pray:
Nolie is gorgeous!! :cloud9: I see she still has lots of her mischievous ways. :D Sledding!!! And winning third on the pull!! So great!!!! :thumbs up
Nolie - tell Mommy we misses her. :grouphug:

otter
March 5th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Yes, I do seem to be smiling! :laughing: And awed!! :eek: 268 lbs in 12 seconds!!!!! Holy catz, Nolie!! That's phenomenal!!!! :highfive:
Well... if ya hadda told me there was a catz there, I woulda gone FASTA!! (hmm, the #1 doggy pulled 572lb in 29sec but seems those hoomanz in charge of the prizes don't value speed :frustrated:)

Sorry to hear your Mom hasn't been feeling well, though :( I hope she's better soon!! :grouphug: :goodvibes:
We'z workin' on gettin her smiling more.....:goodvibes:

hazelrunpack
March 5th, 2010, 09:48 PM
Smiling is good! :goodvibes: :D

Oh, ya, them holy catz is always around somewhere. They especially love to watch pulling contests. :cat: So keep that in mind next time you enter one. :D There's always catz hiding up ahead somewhere! Go get 'em, Nolie!!!

But those darn hoomanz in charge of prizes will prolly still not appreciate your fine display of speed. :frustrated:

otter
March 5th, 2010, 09:51 PM
Otter!! It's so nice to see you back!! :grouphug: I hope your health issues are turning around. :fingerscr:goodvibes::pray:
Nolie is gorgeous!! :cloud9: I see she still has lots of her mischievous ways. :D Sledding!!! And winning third on the pull!! So great!!!! :thumbs up
Nolie - tell Mommy we misses her. :grouphug:
http://bestsmileys.com/blushing/3.gifhttp://bestsmileys.com/blushing/3.gif

Mom sayz if i'm good I can try and do some more posting, but i'm kinda slow at it so just bear with me:pawprint::pawprint::pawprint::pawprint:

She sayz to tell you :2huggers::2huggers:

Dee-O-Gee
March 5th, 2010, 10:45 PM
So happy to see you back Otter & Nolie! :thumbs up Many congrats on the dog sledding! :thumbs up

Hope to see you round more Otter cause Nolie just brought a smile to my face in the last pic! :):)

growler~GateKeeper
March 6th, 2010, 01:49 AM
Nice to see you again Otter & Nolie :)

Otter sorry to hear you are not feeling well :grouphug: :goodvibes: speedy healing

Nolie great job on the weight pull :thumbs up & that last pic of you is adorable :cloud9:

TeriM
March 6th, 2010, 02:02 AM
Hiya Otter and Nolie, we miss you here :).

Nolie, you really did make me smile in that last pic ... adorable :lovestruck:.

Otter, sorry you aren't feeling well, hope you get better quick :goodvibes: :grouphug:.

Winston
March 6th, 2010, 06:18 AM
Awe there is my friend! I am so sorry I didnt get to meet yas in person Nolie this summer but here is something for you and your mom okay! hugs and smooches from me and my Mom!

Get well soon mf! :thumbs up

onster
March 6th, 2010, 06:52 AM
Otter I am sooooooo glad to see you here! You've been missed my friend :grouphug:

I am sorry youre not feeling well :(

Nolie is just beautiful, and yep the last picture totally made me smile!

As for Bunduk, he will proudly consider Nolie his honorary Big sister after that hairbrush incident :laughing:. He's still naughty as can be, his mommy is just a little bit busy and not living at home any more while she studies, but sees him almost every weekend. He's usually good on the weekends, spending more of his time as a snuggle bum than anything...usually :rolleyes: but boy do I have a story for u (there's a reason up at 7 even tho I went to bed at 2 working on a paper :p panicked phone call from my mom at 6am :evil: I'll post about it later just for you :thumbs up

mummummum
March 6th, 2010, 09:40 AM
What a sweet and completely infectious smile Nolie has ~ it's incredible how life-sustaining our animals can be. And it's always the smallest things that warm our hearts and give us strength. I'm sorry you are doing poorly Otter. :grouphug:

Frenchy
March 6th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Yeaaaaaaaaa Otter and Nolie are back ! :clap:

omg I can't believe she pulled 268 lbs ? :eek: and she's a sled dog now ? :crazy: It seems to me she had a pretty busy winter :thumbs up And she looks wonderful :lovestruck:

glad you're ok otter :2huggers:

otter
March 6th, 2010, 01:00 PM
Awe there is my friend! I am so sorry I didnt get to meet yas in person Nolie this summer but here is something for you and your mom okay! hugs and smooches from me and my Mom!
Get well soon mf! :thumbs up
I sure hope I get to meet you one day... you'd fit in here really well, some days I feel like the third wheel with my friends
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_IQVP0j2YCM8/S5HlKea3qFI/AAAAAAAADVQ/l6a9bFu4Bzw/s512/IMG_5389.JPG
as you can see, I have a "taste" for Chocolate :D

Nolie is just beautiful, and yep the last picture totally made me smile!

Job well done :thumbs up

As for Bunduk, he will proudly consider Nolie his honorary Big sister after that hairbrush incident :laughing:. He's still naughty as can be, his mommy is just a little bit busy and not living at home any more while she studies, but sees him almost every weekend. He's usually good on the weekends, spending more of his time as a snuggle bum than anything...usually :rolleyes: but boy do I have a story for u (there's a reason up at 7 even tho I went to bed at 2 working on a paper :p panicked phone call from my mom at 6am :evil: I'll post about it later just for you :thumbs up
OH NO! sounds like all was OK in the end though :thumbs up Adventures keep us young.. right?? Mom found some photos of some my best work, she posted a thread, Bunduk would be so proud of me :goodvibes:
Can't wait to hear about Bunduks latest work!

What a sweet and completely infectious smile Nolie has ~ it's incredible how life-sustaining our animals can be. And it's always the smallest things that warm our hearts and give us strength.
"Life-sustaining" is EXACTLY what i've been working at :highfive:

Yeaaaaaaaaa Otter and Nolie are back ! :clap:

omg I can't believe she pulled 268 lbs ? :eek: and she's a sled dog now ? :crazy: It seems to me she had a pretty busy winter :thumbs up And she looks wonderful :lovestruck:
Mom's been really trying to find new things we can do together (and to keep me out of trouble). I've been working under the guidance of a great sled dog (the little guy in the picture with me), i'm still not so sure it's the "thing" for me but it makes mom happy so i'm happy to go along with it. We've also been trying out skijoring, turns out i'm way better at it than mom is :D She's not so great on skis but she tries.

Tundra_Queen
March 6th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Nollie, you are a real sweetie and yep u made me smile too! You did very well on the pulling,,you sure are a very strong girl! Your mom must be so proud of you! :)

Otter, I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well, but I hope u get better soon.

Debbie

Sylvie
March 6th, 2010, 01:07 PM
Hi Nolie, its good to hear from you. You sure turned into a beautiful girl :lovestruck:

Say hi to your Mom and hope to see you both again this summer. Glad to hear you can still make her smile. We need all the smiles we can get. :D

chico2
March 6th, 2010, 04:17 PM
Nolie your post certainly made me smile,I hope your mom will feel better soon:fingerscr
I too love choclate:laughing:

Love4himies
March 6th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Yay, you're back!!!!!!!!!!!! I have missed you and Nolie :cloud9:.

Looks like Nolie had a blast of a winter!!! and can't wait to see pics of Nolie's summer adventures on the beach :thumbs up. How is her recall coming along?

otter
March 6th, 2010, 10:03 PM
Looks like Nolie had a blast of a winter!!! and can't wait to see pics of Nolie's summer adventures on the beach :thumbs up. How is her recall coming along?

No need to wait for summer to go to the beach... I dragged mom and a friend there just today :cloud9:

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_IQVP0j2YCM8/S5MkF56nvQI/AAAAAAAADXs/qI11EZS_Juk/s512/IMG_5688.JPG

Recall??? what the heck is recall??? :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: Oh, that must be when Mom yells at me to "come" and I take off running in the other direction :D:D I'm REALLY good at that :thumbs up Occasionally i'm bad and come to Mom and ask for a treat when she calls :angel:

hazelrunpack
March 6th, 2010, 10:06 PM
:laughing: Nolie, you crack me up! :D

otter
March 6th, 2010, 10:10 PM
Nolie great job on the weight pull :thumbs up & that last pic of you is adorable :cloud9:

Thanks Growler! :thankyou:

Just had to go back and find out how my fav. tortie was doing, sounds like Duffy is doing great! :thumbs up :lovestruck:

otter
March 6th, 2010, 10:13 PM
:laughing: Nolie, you crack me up! :D
Funny... mom says that to me all the time too :D
(along with "it's a good thing you are so cute", but I don't really understand what the heck she means by that :shrug:)

hazelrunpack
March 6th, 2010, 10:32 PM
:laughing:

Aw, but you really are so cute!!! :flirt: And that phrase means you're very well loved. :cloud9:

luckypenny
March 6th, 2010, 10:52 PM
Nollie!!!! Yayy you're back :goodvibes: and looking beautiful as ever :lovestruck:. You go give mom a great big smooshie hug from me!

aslan
March 7th, 2010, 06:49 AM
Welcome back Nollie,,,the boys here have missed you.....Tell mom that now that it's getting nice out i'm sure she'll start to feel a little better. Next time mom brings you down we'll see if we can get Winston to drag his mom out to meet you.:thumbs up

otter
March 7th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Nollie!!!! Yayy you're back :goodvibes: and looking beautiful as ever :lovestruck:. You go give mom a great big smooshie hug from me!
Hug delivered :thumbs up:cloud9: Mom sends many back (just how many do we need to send these days, i've lost track :()

Welcome back Nollie,,,the boys here have missed you.....Tell mom that now that it's getting nice out i'm sure she'll start to feel a little better. Next time mom brings you down we'll see if we can get Winston to drag his mom out to meet you.:thumbs up
Hi Aslan http://bestsmileys.com/waving/3.gif, Hi Bailey http://bestsmileys.com/waving/3.gif, Hi Moose (ah Quincy) http://bestsmileys.com/waving/3.gif, Hi Grace http://bestsmileys.com/waving/3.gif
hee, hee, I got to meet Winston's mom... it's Winston that I missed :( hopefully Mom will bring me down south to meet EVERYONE soon, I have lots of fun visiting :cloud9:

Frenchy
March 7th, 2010, 10:39 AM
Recall??? what the heck is recall??? :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: Oh, that must be when Mom yells at me to "come" and I take off running in the other direction :D:D

But have you tried reverse psychology ? :laughing:

otter
March 7th, 2010, 10:50 AM
But have you tried reverse psychology ? :laughing:
Maybe that's what Mom is doing when she yells "get the he** away" at me :laughing::laughing: Wow! she's sneaky :frustrated:

Some day i'll let Mom in on the secret to getting me to come to her... but not just yet :evil: This way, the times when I do come, I get really, really, really yummy treats, if I did it all the time, it would lose it's impact :laughing:

luckypenny
March 7th, 2010, 08:59 PM
Hug delivered :thumbs up:cloud9: Mom sends many back (just how many do we need to send these days, i've lost track :()

Four, newbie Nukka has been added to the pack :).

Just keep looking forward and you'll find yourself on track again :goodvibes: :grouphug:.

JennieV
March 8th, 2010, 06:28 PM
:clap::clap::clap:
Otter! and Nolie!
:flirt::flirt:

welcome back!! :D

Dog Dancer
March 10th, 2010, 11:58 AM
I just saw this thread now. Welcome back Otter. As all the others have said we've missed you. Hi Nolie - welcome back you sure look like you're having fun in the snow! Good on you for keeping mom on her toes.

Otter, take care and I hope you're feeling better soon.