Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

He he he

Shaykeija
March 5th, 2010, 08:29 PM
Someone on this board wil be getting a Shih Tzu ( or two) soon...can't tell you who just yet...LOL I am excited for this person....

hazelrunpack
March 5th, 2010, 08:52 PM
:D Two? Exciting possibilities! :goodvibes:

Shaykeija
March 5th, 2010, 10:15 PM
Meet Mindy...She will be going to her new Mom's on Sunday......any guesses? I will give you a hint...she is from Kapuskasing....

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n158/Shaykeija/mindy.jpg

Tundra_Queen
March 6th, 2010, 01:13 PM
gee.. I wonder who it is? :confused:
That pup looks very familar though. :D

hazelrunpack
March 6th, 2010, 02:21 PM
:laughing:

Tomorrow is the big day? :goodvibes:

chico2
March 6th, 2010, 04:09 PM
She's pretty,a retired show-dog???

Shaykeija
March 6th, 2010, 05:00 PM
yep she is a retired show dog..cute as a button....Ya might want to ask TundraQueen all about her on Monday..lol

Tundra_Queen
March 6th, 2010, 08:32 PM

Tomorrow is the big day? :goodvibes:

Yep, tomorrow!! *giggle*

She's pretty,a retired show-dog???

Yes, a retired show dog. Shay says she is a cutie pie and tiny too. My cats are going to be bigger than she is. :laughing:

yep she is a retired show dog..cute as a button....Ya might want to ask TundraQueen all about her on Monday..lol

Monday? I may just stay at the kennel to play with all the dogs and pups for a few days. :laughing:

hazelrunpack
March 6th, 2010, 08:35 PM
You mean we won't get pics tomorrow? :(

Not that we're getting demanding or anything... :o

It's so exciting! :goodvibes:

chico2
March 7th, 2010, 06:44 AM
T-Q,congrats:thumbs up
I hope though,she'll have a"normal"cut when you get her,all that hair in the snow and mud:yell:
Why would owners give up on a"show-dog":confused:

joeysmama
March 7th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Shaykeija you are too funny!! I've said it elsewhere I think but congrats to Tundra Queen !! :thumbs up

So Shaykeija, this shih tzu you talk about...they're good dogs? You recommend them? Do you recommend adding one more, okay another one, just one more, like potato chips !?! What do you think of having one at your feet so you have to always be careful when you move your chair so you don't roll over a tail or a paw, and one on your lap so you can either type very slowly or be the queen of the typos. Or how about when you plan a fancy lunch for all your friends and you sit down to look around and you see the doggie faces AT THE TABLE because your friends couldn't resist "the babies".

I'm just asking. :laughing:

Frenchy
March 7th, 2010, 10:35 AM
So when is newbie arriving ? Monday ? :goodvibes:

Shaykeija
March 7th, 2010, 11:28 AM
[

So Shaykeija, this shih tzu you talk about...they're good dogs?

Yes they are amazing little bums
You recommend them? Yes
Do you recommend adding one more, okay another one, just one more, like potato chips !?! I want a bag of them, not that wimpy bag but the big bag...
What do you think of having one at your feet so you have to always be careful when you move your chair so you don't roll over a tail or a paw, and one on your lap so you can either type very slowly or be the queen of the typos. They move pretty quick... Or how about when you plan a fancy lunch for all your friends and you sit down to look around and you see the doggie faces AT THE TABLE because your friends couldn't resist "the babies". We have their own num nums for them, at the table...
I'm just asking. :laughing:[/QUOTE]

Shaykeija
March 7th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Now I have to find a home for this beauty...

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n158/Shaykeija/rizzog2.jpg

joeysmama
March 7th, 2010, 11:42 AM
No fair!! You know I'm already thinking about adding "the tie breaker" here. :crazy:

Shaykeija
March 7th, 2010, 11:51 AM
LOL If you are interested..just PM me lol
Rizzo is four years old and now retired...healthy and happy..go to pictures and see pictures of Mindy's sons..they are cute..

Tundra_Queen
March 8th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Well we are home and Momma is pooped! I'm getting too old for long trips. :laughing: Son drove me in his new car he just got the night before,,so he was busy playing with all the buttons. It looked like a freaking airplane cockpit! :laughing: And he kept saying......oh I love my car! I don't think he would of been as eager to take me all that way if he didn't have a new toy to play with. :laughing: We had tons of fun on the drive and never stopped talking or laughing,,took us about 16 hrs round trio..,so that was great Mother Son day!

Shay and her hubs and 1 of her pups met us and we followed them into the kennel. There we were greeted by a herd of shih tzu or all colours. :D

the puppies at the kennels were so cute and friendly jumping all over Shay and me. I loved it! I wish I could of brought them all home, but this is my first experience with pee pads so I thought I'd better take it slow until I figure this out.

I got Mindy and then we followed Shay and hubs to the biggest pet store I have ever seen! In fact, I think it is bigger than all the pets stores put together that I have ever seen! I could of stayed in there for hours.....AND we brought in Mindy too and we say lots of pups and dogs shopping too. That was a first for me. I've heard of places like that but never seen one before...me and my sheltered life again! :laughing: And so many toys!

You mean we won't get pics tomorrow? :(

Not that we're getting demanding or anything... :o

It's so exciting! :goodvibes:

Hazel you might have to wait until tomorrow for pics,,,my batteries in my camera died. :D

I hope though,she'll have a"normal"cut when you get her,all that hair in the snow and mud:yell:

chico...she is bald....LOL poor little girl,,,it's cold up here. She looks like a totally different dog than in her pic too. She doesn't know how to climb stairs so I have to carry her.

I guess they give them up cause they aren't showing her anymore or breeding her and they have so many that they show and breed and they can't keep they all. The owner said she will have a much better life with me and much more attention.

Shaykeija you are too funny!! I've said it elsewhere I think but congrats to Tundra Queen !! :thumbs up

So Shaykeija, this shih tzu you talk about...they're good dogs? You recommend them? Do you recommend adding one more, okay another one, just one more, like potato chips !?! What do you think of having one at your feet so you have to always be careful when you move your chair so you don't roll over a tail or a paw, and one on your lap so you can either type very slowly or be the queen of the typos. Or how about when you plan a fancy lunch for all your friends and you sit down to look around and you see the doggie faces AT THE TABLE because your friends couldn't resist "the babies".

I'm just asking. :laughing:

:laughing: I think u should have one for each hand and each foot. LOL

So when is newbie arriving ? Monday ? :goodvibes:

She arrived last night and Tegan and O'Shawnnessey checked her out while she hiding behind hubs on the bed. Willie is really pissed off and is hissing and growling all over the place and at everyone...he is not a happy camper at all! Tegan is happy! Mirabelle has checked her out a bit,,,Darby not yet.

Tundra_Queen
March 8th, 2010, 12:37 PM
go to pictures and see pictures of Mindy's sons..they are cute..

what pictures? and who are Mindy's sons?

hazelrunpack
March 8th, 2010, 12:53 PM
We have to wait for pics!!???!!! :yell: :cry: You tease!!!! :p

I think these are the other pics, TQ!:http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=68818

hazelrunpack
March 8th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Oh, and Congratulations on your new baby!!!!

Tegan must be thrilled to have a doggie to talk to. Cats are good people, but they just can't tell jokes as well as dogs. :o :laughing:

Tundra_Queen
March 8th, 2010, 08:10 PM
We have to wait for pics!!???!!! :yell: :cry: You tease!!!! :p

I think these are the other pics, TQ!:http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=68818

Hazel...Moi? a tease? nahhh I wouldn't do such a dasterly deed!

*giggle*

thanks re: pics I'll check that link out. :D

Oh, and Congratulations on your new baby!!!!

Tegan must be thrilled to have a doggie to talk to. Cats are good people, but they just can't tell jokes as well as dogs. :o :laughing:

Yes, Tegan was so excited, but today she is not bothering with her. She wants too, but she is waiting on her pillow very patiently for Mindy to come and see her. O'shawnnessey was the first one to make friends,,but he is my sweet boy and wants to be friends with everyone,,,Mirabelle likes playing with the leash that Mindy is dragging behind her so I can catch her easier if need be. LOL Darby just came to say hi to me at the computer and just looked Mindy's way, who is laying in her crate in a pillow that Momma stole,,, errr BORROWED from the cats. :D she loves that pillow,,,she tries to dig in it and goes round and round in it...too cute! She doesn't seem to bother with toys, so maybe Darby can tach Mindy what toys are. :laughing: Willie is locked upstairs with Daddy so Mindy can walk around without getting attacked for the next little white.

Mindy has not peed on any of the area rugs thinking they are giant pee pads. she has only gone pee outside, but it is just the first day. :fingerscr

So that is all the updates for now.

Debbie :D

Shaykeija
March 8th, 2010, 09:26 PM
LOL they do not give up on their show dogs, only a few select people get these after they have done showing and breeding. Mindy I believe only had 3 litters and they are done with breeding. They want these dogs in exceptional homes that will love them for the rest of their lives. Now if anything were to happen to the new owners or they couldn't take care of the pup, the dog would have to be returned to the breeder. In Mindy's case, she was getting ganged up on by the other girls, as they are not in cages and run freely inside and outside in a large secure fenced area. Mindy would be happier in her new home.