Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I am upset and pissed off

edwina
March 5th, 2010, 06:38 PM
I had a visit from a neighbors dog ( he was watching it for a friend actually) , it decided it wanted my cats in the kitty pavilion. :mad: It ripped Oggie's plastic to shreds and would have gotten through the chicken wire if i wouldnt have been home. Oggie did have some blood on his toes, but i checked him 3 times, and it had to be from him climbing all over the wire between him and Sis's house trying to get away. So i checked all the other houses and completely missed the spot he tried to chew through on viola and pansy's house, plus the hole he did chew in the door . So now Viola is missing, she got out of the hole. I was yelling for her all over our property, i dont know if she will come home or not. :cry:
He appologized mulitiple times, and i told him that he will keep the dog down on his property on a leash, because the dog will be gone if he comes back. And i told him if i had to take oggie to the vet he will be paying for it. But i dont see any holes or gashes on his feet, it looks like he scraped the skin around the claws climbing the wire.
:wall::wall::wall: I am so mad right now.

Love4himies
March 5th, 2010, 06:43 PM
OMG, how scary for you and the kitties :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I hope Viola just ran because she was so scared and will come out of hiding when she feels it is safe :pray: :fingerscr :goodvibes:

shirley1011
March 5th, 2010, 07:02 PM
oh so sad...hope Viola comes home and isn't too scared!

aslan
March 5th, 2010, 07:20 PM
wow, i'd be a little ticked too,,neighbour boy would be paying for any damages to my house too..hope kitty comes home soon.

hazelrunpack
March 5th, 2010, 08:51 PM
That's terrible, edwina! :grouphug:

:fingerscr Viola comes back to the place she's familiar with! Did you put food out for her?

Deauce
March 5th, 2010, 09:03 PM
Wow - I would be livid!!!! Please let us know when you find kitty. I have a five month old that escaped out the door a few days ago, only to be chased, in fun mind you, by my own Golden. It was a heart stopping escapade and there is no way I could have rested until my little guy was back home safe. I have everything crossed for the safe return of your little guy!!!!!

edwina
March 5th, 2010, 09:33 PM
That's terrible, edwina! :grouphug:

:fingerscr Viola comes back to the place she's familiar with! Did you put food out for her?

There is usually food out around here because of the strays, but to put out food specifically for her would be hard, it would disapear quickly around here. :(
I called her several different times tonight, and i didnt see her anywhere. :(
If she does come home, i do have a winter box made up with straw that i did for the strays, they dont use it though, they sleep on the back porch, but she could use it at least.

hazelrunpack
March 5th, 2010, 09:36 PM
:fingerscr that she comes home quickly!

Dee-O-Gee
March 6th, 2010, 12:00 AM
How frightening that must have been Edwina. It's been a while now...has Viola come back yet? :pray:

mikischo
March 6th, 2010, 12:14 AM
I'm so sorry to hear what happened, Edwina. I would be very upset too. Sending :grouphug: to you and :goodvibes: that Viola comes home safely and soon.

TeriM
March 6th, 2010, 02:21 AM
Hope Viola has made her way home safely :goodvibes: :fingerscr :goodvibes:.

growler~GateKeeper
March 6th, 2010, 02:39 AM
:goodvibes: for Viola's safe & quick return home :goodvibes:

Bluedrake
March 6th, 2010, 05:19 AM
How awful!:eek: I hope Viola comes home soon.:fingerscr

14+kitties
March 6th, 2010, 09:00 AM
:grouphug: I am so sorry that happened edwina. How inconsiderate of them to allow the dog to destroy your hard work. :frustrated: I pray Viola comes home very soon. :fingerscr for you and her.

chico2
March 6th, 2010, 09:34 AM
Edwina,what a terrible experience both for you and the kitties:(
I am sure Viola is hiding in the area,afraid to come out:pray:you'll see her soon:fingerscr

mummummum
March 6th, 2010, 10:02 AM
:sorry: Poor you and the kitties. It must have been frightening. I hope Viola isn't too terribly traumatized and comes home quickly.

Tundra_Queen
March 6th, 2010, 02:11 PM
Edwina how terrifying for your kitties and you! I hope Viola will come back soon and be ok. :grouphug:

Love4himies
March 6th, 2010, 02:16 PM
Any updates, Edwina? :pray:

edwina
March 6th, 2010, 04:03 PM
Ok, good news, viola was hiding and she is in her house safe and sound. :cloud9: She is still a little spooked but seems to be unhurt. :pray:
I am going to have to reinforce the wire along the bottoms now that i know a dog can do that. Well it was a pit bull, and they have strong jaws, not sure if a regular dog has that ability or not, but i am not taking chances. I will put a double layer of chicken wire along the bottoms of the houses. But it will have to wait till it gets a little warmer to do that. Some of course is going to have to be replaced period since it got torn up. :(
So right now i am much better than i was yesterday. :)

hazelrunpack
March 6th, 2010, 04:09 PM
Oh, whew!!! :highfive:

We had some screening that we were trying to protect out on the porch and found some relatively cheap welded wire fencing to put along the bottom. If you don't need a whole lot of it, it might be another option for you--a little more expensive but a lot stiffer than chicken wire :thumbs up

Love4himies
March 6th, 2010, 04:33 PM
I am sooooo glad, Edwina :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:.

chico2
March 6th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Great news Edwina:thumbs up

Kay9
March 6th, 2010, 07:13 PM
what a heart-stopping story--but with a happy ending!

shirley1011
March 6th, 2010, 07:29 PM
so glad to hear Viola is ok and back home....

mummummum
March 6th, 2010, 07:45 PM
Phew! You must be sooooooooooo relieved.

mikischo
March 6th, 2010, 08:54 PM
I'm so happy to hear that Viola came home safely.

Tundra_Queen
March 6th, 2010, 09:26 PM
That is great news!

growler~GateKeeper
March 6th, 2010, 11:39 PM
Great news :thumbs up

14+kitties
March 7th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Fantastic news edwina!! :grouphug: Viola must be very happy to be back home.
I hesitate to ask but I will. Is Viola one of your fixed ones? :fingerscr If not you know what you may be looking forward to. :(

Frenchy
March 7th, 2010, 11:41 AM
I'm so glad Viola is back ! :highfive:

ancientgirl
March 7th, 2010, 02:21 PM
Just saw this. I'd be furious myself. What a terrifying experience for you and your babies!

I'm so glad Viola came home.

edwina
March 7th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Fantastic news edwina!! :grouphug: Viola must be very happy to be back home.
I hesitate to ask but I will. Is Viola one of your fixed ones? :fingerscr If not you know what you may be looking forward to. :(

No i dont have to worry about baby's. :D