Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

tips for using petfinder.com??

raingirl
August 31st, 2004, 12:45 PM
I've been browsing petfinder.com casualy, looking for a possible dog to adopt.

I do an advanced search for all male dogs, any age, any size, excluding dogs not suitable for children. I enter my postal code and do a regional search.

What I want to know is there any way to search by post date. From day to day I can't seem to remember what I've seen and what I haven't, and they are never in any order.

Any ideas?

raingirl
September 3rd, 2004, 01:16 PM
nothing?? Oh well...

Writing4Fun
September 3rd, 2004, 01:22 PM
Sorry, guess this got shuffled back with all the BSL postings. :o

I hunted through Petfinder every day, several times a day, when we were looking for a pup. I found that after a while I felt like I knew these dogs personally. I sometimes go on now just to "check things out" (wish I could stop looking - I know we can't get another one just yet!). It always breaks my heart to see the pups still on there from way back when. :(

Anyhow, as for your question, I believe the posts are in alphabetical order by location. I don't think you can search by posting date. Guess they want you to notice ALL the animals that are available, so that the ones who have been there for a while aren't forgotten or overlooked.

Lucky Rescue
September 3rd, 2004, 01:28 PM
I have a Petfinder site, and the animals who have been there the longest are at the top of the list. This is done automatically by Petfinder.

I know of no way to exclude pets you've already looked at, except to make a list yourself. I hope I'm understanding what you're asking!

RuffNTumble
September 3rd, 2004, 11:02 PM
Last time I looked, my girl was still posted, and I got her almost a month ago, so it's possible some shelters don't take off the pictures as fast as they should!!! Don't despair, they will find homes!!

I agree with you though, Writing4Fun, if I go to the site, I end up wanting another dog.. or cat.. I'm on a cat kick now... can't get another... pet....

must... fight... urge.... arrrhhhhhhhh

:p

Ruffy