Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Helllo. My Name is MMM and I am a disgusting piggly-wiggly

mummummum
March 3rd, 2010, 09:15 PM
Seriously...we all have our comfort foods. But some of mine are ... grody-to-the-max.

I know how disgusting I am but what about you? Given my druthers, I would order-ahead- for- pick-up : scalloped potatoes. I love potatoes of any kind but to really warm the cockles of me old (and most disgusting) heart it's gotta be scalloped.

The more immediately satisfying alternative is truly gross (but :thumbs up) ... ready-made gnocchi fried in "butter" until crisp and brown, drowning in Tostito's Salsa Con Queso ( yes, yes...that weird flourescent orange "cheese product" or was that by-product?).

:yell: I know, I know...I'm disgusting :D

Frenchy
March 3rd, 2010, 09:19 PM
chocolate waffle with slices of bananas + maple syrop :cloud9:

Mc Cain chocolate cake with moka yogourt on top , put in microwave 15 seconds .... :cloud9:

bagel with Nutella and cream cheese :cloud9:

I have tons more :p

mummummum
March 3rd, 2010, 09:39 PM
bagel with Nutella and cream cheese :cloud9:

I have tons more :p

And I believe you, you FREAK (:D) Food freakisms are about the only bonus in being scrawny.

Nutella...hmmmm...haven't thought about Nutella for awhile. :evil:

Frenchy
March 3rd, 2010, 09:41 PM
:laughing:

oh and shredded wheat .... people use it as cereal (the big ones) but my mom always served it hot ... and I still eat it that way today :

you put butter on it , salt & pepper , then you pour hot milk on it :cloud9:

JanM
March 3rd, 2010, 09:46 PM
Hows about a waffle with berries, whipped cream and chocolate chips? MMMM - good!

Frenchy
March 3rd, 2010, 09:47 PM
whipped cream .... :cloud9:

mummummum
March 3rd, 2010, 09:50 PM

oh and shredded wheat .... people use it as cereal (the big ones) but my mom always served it hot ... and I still eat it that way today :

That has potential! We had it hot with milk and brown sugar.

mummummum
March 3rd, 2010, 09:52 PM
Hows about a waffle with berries, whipped cream and chocolate chips? MMMM - good!

There used to be a place on Broadview where you could get the most incredible Belgian waffles...the berries were to die for...and the whipped cream was the kind of thing that food stylists get all svitzy over... :lovestruck:

Luvmypitgirls
March 3rd, 2010, 10:00 PM
For me it's almost burnt bacon smothered in maple syrup and fried onions!:cloud9:

Ready-made gnocchi fried in "butter" until crisp and brown, drowning in melted CheeseWhiz or Velveeta! See M3X, we have something in common!:D

Perogies, The potato and cheddar ones, smothered in Kraft peanut butter:cloud9:

Jim Hall
March 3rd, 2010, 11:22 PM
peanut butter on a toasted everything basgle

pb on garlic bread

Love4himies
March 4th, 2010, 06:59 AM

:laughing::laughing: That's the way my mom used to make it for me :thumbs up

I don't understand how you stay so skinny Frenchy :confused:

My favourite junk food is Poutine :lovestruck::lovestruck::lovestruck::lovestruck:. The more curds and greasy gravy the better :thumbs up

Quebec City has an Ashton Poutine just off HWY 20, we stop and camp in the KOA just down the road so I can pig out on their poutine :laughing:

chico2
March 4th, 2010, 07:39 AM
Aww girls you just made me NOT hungry,terrible stuff,but Poutine takes the :yuck:price:laughing:
I probably would eat a nice waffle,with real whip-cream(not spray-stuff)and strawberries..:cloud9:
Oh I got one,one of the staples in Sweden,blood-sausage with cranberries..nom,nom

ancientgirl
March 4th, 2010, 07:54 AM
Well, I love eating my french fries with mustard. I also love cheese and mustard sandwiches. When I used to eat meat, nothing was better for me than a ham/garlic bologna and cheese sandwich with peanut butter. I also loved peanut butter on my burgers, and sometimes when I'm having a veggie burger I splather it with some peanut butter.:D Condensed milk mixed in with coke is yummy too.

Love4himies
March 4th, 2010, 08:09 AM
Well, I love eating my french fries with mustard. I also love cheese and mustard sandwiches. When I used to eat meat, nothing was better for me than a ham/garlic bologna and cheese sandwich with peanut butter. I also loved peanut butter on my burgers, and sometimes when I'm having a veggie burger I splather it with some peanut butter.:D Condensed milk mixed in with coke is yummy too.

OK, you get the award for the weirdest combinations :yuck: :laughing::laughing::laughing:

ancientgirl
March 4th, 2010, 08:18 AM
OK, you get the award for the weirdest combinations :yuck: :laughing::laughing::laughing:

:laughing:I also like to mix pepper in with the mustard for my fries, but sometimes pepper isn't readily available, so I have to make do.:D

Love4himies
March 4th, 2010, 08:47 AM
:laughing:I also like to mix pepper in with the mustard for my fries, but sometimes pepper isn't readily available, so I have to make do.:D

And it gets worse :eek: :yuck: :D Sorry AG :o

Frenchy
March 4th, 2010, 08:48 AM
I don't understand how you stay so skinny Frenchy :confused:

Obviously my secret for staying skinny is : stress :D

Since I lost my job , I gain 5-6 lbs :eek: and I'm not even eating like a pig :shrug:

mummummum
March 4th, 2010, 10:09 AM
For me it's almost burnt bacon smothered in maple syrup and fried onions!:cloud9:

Ready-made gnocchi fried in "butter" until crisp and brown, drowning in melted CheeseWhiz or Velveeta! See M3X, we have something in common!:D

Perogies, The potato and cheddar ones, smothered in Kraft peanut butter:cloud9:

So we do! You gotta try the salsa cheese thingy tho ~ it has just a hint of spice and gives the blandness of gnocchi a little kick.

I fry my perogies and dip then in a Thai-style hot sauce. :cloud9:

quincymycat
March 4th, 2010, 10:17 AM
None of my comfort foods are really weird...."condensed milk and coke"? Oh well, can't knock it if I havent tried it!:laughing:

I loooove fried foods...and believe me, I look it too! Poutine ...:lovestruck:
beer battered fish and chips with real potato fries with vinegar and salt! Love them! :highfive:

hazelrunpack
March 4th, 2010, 09:45 PM
Rich chocolate ice cream with chocolate doughnuts. :flirt: Of course, you end up with chocolate zits, but it's well worth it. :o

luckypenny
March 4th, 2010, 10:37 PM
Plain spaghetti with butter and sugar :cloud9:.

ancientgirl
March 5th, 2010, 07:08 AM
Before becoming a veggie, I used to love spaghetti with garlic, butter and canned tuna.

chico2
March 5th, 2010, 07:39 AM
Oh A-G,you certainly top everyone:laughing:
My favorite "foods" are,cheese,choclate,beer and real Danish pastry(from a Danish bakery)all in moderation.

mummummum
March 5th, 2010, 10:38 AM
You don't like Danish licorice Chico? Yummmmmmmmmmm

Macomom
March 5th, 2010, 01:19 PM
I love love love blue cheese. The bluer, the stinkier the better!

Frenchy
March 5th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Plain spaghetti with butter and sugar :cloud9:.

:confused: sugar on pasta ? :confused: you're so weird but .... cheap to feed :laughing:

Oh A-G,you certainly top everyone:laughing:
My favorite "foods" are,cheese,choclate,beer and real Danish pastry(from a Danish bakery)all in moderation.

that covers all MY food groups too Chico2 :p :cloud9:

dollface
March 6th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Poutine, Domino's Cheesy Bread, Little Caesar's Crazy Bread, and St. Louis Fries with garlic dill sauce take the cake for me!

For those that like waffles with crazy toppings, you gotta go to Caffé Demetre! http://waycoolcafe.com/locations.htm Sooo worth it!

otter
March 6th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Hmmm, can't say i'm going to try ANY of the suggestions so far :yuck:
Well, cept for the waffle ideas, waffles with anything are yummy :D I personally am a fan of the waffle with bacon and egg sandwich :cloud9:

spaghetti with butter and sugar has possibilities... I go for noodles and maple syrup sometimes but anything with maple syrup is yum, yum, yummmmmy!:thumbs up

When I get the munchies I got for carrots and peanut butter, or peanuts and miracle whip (mayo works too)
potato chips and tuna
- good and bad, ying and yang, maybe that's what makes them work :shrug:

mummummum
March 6th, 2010, 06:49 PM
Ying and Yang Otter?? Tuna and potato chips is more like :yuck: Yikes! If I didn't know better I would have thunk you were :stork-baby:

Isn't it amazing what floats our boats?! :laughing:

joeysmama
March 7th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Maco Mom, if you like blue cheese try melting a piece of stilton over the top of pear slices, with a nice glass of very dry whie wine, like a Pouilly Fuisse! HEAVEN !!!!!

Soft vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce, marshmallow sauce, and salted cocktail peanuts crushed almost to a powder. (You have to do it yourself at home in the smoothie maker because the ice cream place will never get them ground that fine) Cherry on top but no whipped cream. More heaven !!

And pizza with anchovies and onions. Onion bagels with veggie cream cheese, or bagels with cream cheese and lox.

Macomom
March 7th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Joeysmom, I am taking a food and wine pairing course at college, and I am always reminded of how much I love blue cheeses with wine!
Good call!

mummummum
March 7th, 2010, 06:49 PM
Maco Mom, if you like blue cheese try melting a piece of stilton over the top of pear slices, with a nice glass of very dry whie wine, like a Pouilly Fuisse! HEAVEN !!!!!

MMmmmm...you reminded me of an Asiago - Stilton soup with homemade garlic croutons I made once... that was heaven. A couple of price points above my Tostitos "queso"-product though! :D

ancientgirl
March 7th, 2010, 06:59 PM
blue cheese on apple slices is yummy too.

joeysmama
March 7th, 2010, 07:19 PM
MMmmmm...you reminded me of an Asiago - Stilton soup with homemade garlic croutons I made once... that was heaven.

Ooohh what would it take to get you to share that recipe? My best biscotti recipe? My father's meatball recipe? Name it and you've got it. I'll trade you two secret family recipes for one Asiago/Sliton soup.

Dee-O-Gee
March 7th, 2010, 08:05 PM
When I was a kid, my mom would make a box of kraft dinner however; I would scoop out some of the noodles and just shake catsup on them (no cheese!) :yuck:

mummummum
March 8th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Ooohh what would it take to get you to share that recipe?

I'll look for it but, it may take me awhile ~ I have an embarrassing number of cookbooks, mags and loose recipes.

Friends are always admonishing me "throw them out, everything is on line now..." and I keep telling them "But, looking through them, stains, crusty bits and all, is half the fun of planning a meal!".

hazelrunpack
March 8th, 2010, 12:15 PM
Friends are always admonishing me "throw them out, everything is on line now..." and I keep telling them "But, looking through them, stains, crusty bits and all, is half the fun of planning a meal!".

I so agree! :highfive: