Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

From blizzard to sunshine

Love4himies
February 28th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Momma, look, Puddles is outside! Yay:

Puddles trying to get some green grass. So she can go into the house, find a rug and throw up :frustrated: :laughing:

Ahhhhh fresh air and a sunshine beam :lovestruck:

Love4himies
February 28th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Momma, I wanna go outside:

Yay, sunshine beam, I luvs them :lovestruck:

My beautiful boy, Jasper:

Love4himies
February 28th, 2010, 06:35 PM
Jasper just loves climbing trees. We have a game that he climbs about 10 feet up, looks around for a bit, then comes down to about a foot over my head. I reach up and as soon as he feels my hands, he lets go of the tree :eek: and falls into my hands, I then put him on my shoulder and he gives me some luvins. :cloud9:

Momma put that thing down and come get me!

Love4himies
February 28th, 2010, 06:38 PM
I clear off the top of my garden wall so the kitties have a snow free walkway.

Sweet Pea and Jasper: Move Jasper, I gotta go

Come on Jasper, lets go see if the chipmunks are out yet:

Love4himies
February 28th, 2010, 06:40 PM
And the heartbreaker :( :cry:

Poor Rose, who has to watch from inside the deck. She wants so bad to go outside with her buds. :(

She is such a social kitty.

Melinda
February 28th, 2010, 06:50 PM
wow....gorgeous pictures!!!! and kitties are soooo pretty

Love4himies
February 28th, 2010, 07:19 PM
wow....gorgeous pictures!!!! and kitties are soooo pretty

Thanks Melinda.

Can you believe Jasper was at the Cornwall SPCA for almost 2 months and nobody claimed him :eek:. I am always wondering the story on how he ended in somebody's backyard horribly injured from a dog bite. :(. He was a kitty that was obviously never outside before I adopted him, and I even think he lived in a cage, perhaps as a stud :(. He didn't know about windows or doors. :(

Frenchy
February 28th, 2010, 07:55 PM
omg Jasper is too funny up on the tree :laughing: he looks like a raccoon :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
February 28th, 2010, 08:29 PM
Great pics, L4H! Such a handsome crew you have! :flirt: And they seem pretty happy to be outside again--love the pics of Jasper's climbing adventure! :D

ancientgirl
February 28th, 2010, 08:33 PM
That's so cute about Jasper and his tree climbing. Maybe one day you'll be able to get a harness on Rose and she can go outside too.:lovestruck:

Tundra_Queen
February 28th, 2010, 11:47 PM
Oh I love the pics of them outside and Jasper up the tree! LOL He's such a pretty boy. Are u nervous Rose would run away if she went outside?

Debbie

14+kitties
March 1st, 2010, 12:38 AM
So beautiful, all of them!! :cloud9: Hopefully Rose will cooperate soon and let you hold her enough to put a harness on. Then she could be out with the others too.
Love the little raccoon in the tree. ;)

growler~GateKeeper
March 1st, 2010, 02:20 AM
Nice day for kitty adventures outside, looks like they all had fun :thumbs up

Vinss
March 1st, 2010, 02:22 AM
Wow, the teampeture looks great outside and the cats seem to love it.

Love4himies
March 1st, 2010, 07:56 AM
Thank you everybody.

omg Jasper is too funny up on the tree :laughing: he looks like a raccoon :lovestruck:

That's what DH calls him :laughing::laughing:

That's so cute about Jasper and his tree climbing. Maybe one day you'll be able to get a harness on Rose and she can go outside too.:lovestruck:

I hope so. :pray:

Oh I love the pics of them outside and Jasper up the tree! LOL He's such a pretty boy. Are u nervous Rose would run away if she went outside?

Debbie

No, I think Rose would stick close to Jasper, but I can't trust that. However, all my cats have been trained (somewhat :rolleyes:), by leash and harness their boundries. They have also been trained that when I clap my hands and yell, get in the house, they are to run to the door. I need to be able to do that due to the number of fishers and coyotes in the area. It takes a couple of years of leash training to train them. Rose (who I can't pick up yet, let alone get a harness on her, would have to go through that training before she would be allowed outside with a leash.

So beautiful, all of them!! :cloud9: Hopefully Rose will cooperate soon and let you hold her enough to put a harness on. Then she could be out with the others too.
Love the little raccoon in the tree. ;)

I was able to lift her legs off the ground and give her kisses again this weekend, but she is so tense when I do that. Hopefully next year I will be able to start harness training her.

chico2
March 1st, 2010, 08:45 AM
L4H,love,love,love your pics,especially Jasper:lovestruck::lovestruck:but they are all beautiful.
It's hard to believe this gentle,gorgeous kitty had such a terrible beginning,but he certainly has the best of lives now:grouphug:

Melinda
March 1st, 2010, 09:00 AM
Thanks Melinda.

Can you believe Jasper was at the Cornwall SPCA for almost 2 months and nobody claimed him :eek:. I am always wondering the story on how he ended in somebody's backyard horribly injured from a dog bite. :(. He was a kitty that was obviously never outside before I adopted him, and I even think he lived in a cage, perhaps as a stud :(. He didn't know about windows or doors. :(

by any chance, did you happen to adopt him in the fall? a lot of college students (basement apartments or dorms) buy/get cats and rabbits and at the end of their term just leave them behind or let them out and then they move back where they came from, minus their 2-4 yr companion.

quincymycat
March 1st, 2010, 09:19 AM
I AM SOOOO MUCH IN LOVE.....:lovestruck::lovestruck:

They are gorgeous....now where did you say you live???? When are you going to be turning your back on the kitties when they are outside...??? Me..a cat napper???...No way!:laughing::laughing:

Love4himies
March 1st, 2010, 09:22 AM
by any chance, did you happen to adopt him in the fall? a lot of college students (basement apartments or dorms) buy/get cats and rabbits and at the end of their term just leave them behind or let them out and then they move back where they came from, minus their 2-4 yr companion.

I adopted him in Feb 2007. He was found in a backyard on Arthur street mauled by a dog in Dec 2006. He was about 5 years old and was not neutered when he was captured. A Ragdoll breeder believes he is probably purebred.

Love4himies
March 1st, 2010, 09:26 AM
I AM SOOOO MUCH IN LOVE.....:lovestruck::lovestruck:

They are gorgeous....now where did you say you live???? When are you going to be turning your back on the kitties when they are outside...??? Me..a cat napper???...No way!:laughing::laughing:

:laughing::laughing::laughing: I'd be following you home and once I got my kitties back, I would, ummmm, well steal those Maine Coons of yours :cloud9::D

chico2
March 1st, 2010, 10:44 AM
L4H,the way you trained your kitties outside,is the exact same as we did..
of course,they don't go out on their own,but once we go inside,we too clap our hands and they come running.
Cats ARE trainable:cat:

Love4himies
March 1st, 2010, 10:56 AM
L4H,the way you trained your kitties outside,is the exact same as we did..
of course,they don't go out on their own,but once we go inside,we too clap our hands and they come running.
Cats ARE trainable:cat:

:laughing::laughing::laughing:, yes they are.

Tundra_Queen
March 1st, 2010, 11:47 AM
L4H, I forgot u still can't pick Rose up.

Can u and Chico come to my place and train my kitties? Willie thinks it's real funny to have me try and catch him when he sneaks outside. He doesn't even come for treats! Little Begger! :laughing: He just runs back and forth from yard to yard making me scared to death he is going to run out onto our bus road.:yell:

Debbie

Love4himies
March 1st, 2010, 11:51 AM
L4H, I forgot u still can't pick Rose up.

Can u and Chico come to my place and train my kitties? Willie thinks it's real funny to have me try and catch him when he sneaks outside. He doesn't even come for treats! Little Begger! :laughing: He just runs back and forth from yard to yard making me scared to death he is going to run out onto our bus road.:yell:

Debbie

It is a game of hide and seek he is playing with you, he is thrilled you are accompanying him on his adventure :laughing:. Jasper does that sometimes to me too, and I find I have to turn my back and pretend I am walking away. The more I follow him, the farther he goes. Then it is back to leash and harness for a few weeks of refresher training :laughing:.

Chris21711
March 1st, 2010, 12:11 PM

Now he knows that he is so loved and deserves it too :lovestruck:

Great pics L4H :thumbs up

Dog Dancer
March 1st, 2010, 05:08 PM
What great pics. I love Jasper up the tree! You shovel for your cats! Wow.

aslan
March 1st, 2010, 05:12 PM
jeez it's about time,,your kitties are all gorgeous but oh my that Jasper is such a handsome man..:flirt:

JennieV
March 1st, 2010, 07:12 PM
stunning kittehs!! truly! :lovestruck::lovestruck:

Frenchy
March 1st, 2010, 07:29 PM
he looks like a raccoon :lovestruck:

That's what DH calls him :laughing::laughing:

that's settles it , Jasper is a "cattoon" :laughing:

14+kitties
March 1st, 2010, 07:37 PM
I was able to lift her legs off the ground and give her kisses again this weekend, but she is so tense when I do that. Hopefully next year I will be able to start harness training her.

Great progress! :highfive: Eventually you will be able to hold her. I just know it. She may be picking up on your feelings of trepidation too.
Try scooping her up around the waist and right to your side and see what happens. (besides claws in your side and hands :rolleyes:) :D Just a thought!! :shrug:

Love4himies
March 2nd, 2010, 07:49 AM
jeez it's about time,,your kitties are all gorgeous but oh my that Jasper is such a handsome man..:flirt:

Look who's talking :rolleyes: :laughing: :grouphug:

Love4himies
March 2nd, 2010, 07:53 AM
Great progress! :highfive: Eventually you will be able to hold her. I just know it. She may be picking up on your feelings of trepidation too.
Try scooping her up around the waist and right to your side and see what happens. (besides claws in your side and hands :rolleyes:) :D Just a thought!! :shrug:

:eek: I'm scared :yell: :laughing:

Should I be sitting on the floor or couch when I do that, or standing bent over her?