Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Complaints To Petfinder...but Still They Do Nothing???

shut her down
August 31st, 2004, 09:14 AM
I am quite concerned about how petfinder operates. Yes, they are doing a great job posting animals that need help etc but why do they still have a rescue posted that is doing shady rescue/frauding people? I know they have been notified quite a few times regarding ***** but still they do nothing? Numerous emails have been sent, and all I get back is "someone will get back to you with your concerns" that was sent to me July 14, and still I hear nothing? I emailed again the other day and I have not received anything. I know they are here to help the animals, but why help the "shady" rescue make money when they are only scamming people? How many emails is it going to take before they do something? How rich is this person going to get off of selling the same animal to numerous people but no one receives the dog? Is there anyone else I can contact to make this stop? :mad:

mastifflover
August 31st, 2004, 09:40 AM
She has been taken off petfinder I think we all deserve a pat on the back. But She will return with another rescue. Her last one was Mudhuskies rescue. She also does not really know anything about these giant breeds, but knows that they are harder to come by and have a more select group of people that want them. Be alert and watch for her.

Lucky Rescue
August 31st, 2004, 09:50 AM
Did you see what she wrote on her Petfinder page??
Poor Me! (http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/ON88.html)

mastifflover
August 31st, 2004, 11:58 AM
Well she is full of sh88. that is a picture of him the day I got him after his bath and after being to a vet. So she can say anything she likes but I have people who can vouch for me.

sammiec
August 31st, 2004, 12:23 PM
I am curious if this person that you're talking about is a user of this board. Were they "tipped" off that this discussion was talking place? There is only mentioned of you Mastifflover and SC....which are the only two here (so far) that have spoken up about your encounters with this "rescue"...Hmmmmm...

Goldenmom
August 31st, 2004, 12:27 PM
This sickens me! Someway, somehow these so called "Rescues" need to have someone visit their premises and find out what they are all about. I have just heard in the last week about a so called "Rescue" around London that is NOT a rescue, although they advertise, take money, and call themselves a "Rescue" These places give the legit ones bad names and it appalling to say the least.

Heather and her 3 Golden Girls

Goldenmom
August 31st, 2004, 12:31 PM
I am curious if this person that you're talking about is a user of this board. Were they "tipped" off that this discussion was talking place? There is only mentioned of you Mastifflover and SC....which are the only two here (so far) that have spoken up about your encounters with this "rescue"...Hmmmmm...

You know, there is always someone lurking around that knows this person or knows of them and would let them know what was going on here. I believe if someone typed in "*** Rescue" on google, this forum would appear. Sometimes this is the only way that someone can find out about these disgusting places.

Heather

sammiec
August 31st, 2004, 12:34 PM
I believe if someone typed in "***" on google, this forum would appear.
Heather

That's true Heather, I didn't think about that. This forum pops up under some of the worst things sometimes....if you type in something ridiculous like "beating dogs" there it is Pets.ca!! Until to actually read the post it kinda makes you wonder!!

roro26
August 31st, 2004, 12:44 PM
Sorry to intrude on this, but Ive been reading this whole scenario, and it really does sicken me. I want to rescue a dog too, but when I hear of shady things like this, it really scares me. But, it has opened my eyes to be aware of every little detail. How can I discern the good rescues from the bad ones?

Thanks for having a site like this, because it helps people like me who are looking to rescue, but who arent entirely sure of all the things to look out for. I never would have known all this.

oh and btw, she sucks big time.

SSAC
August 31st, 2004, 01:06 PM
Goldenmom, What's the name of the "rescue" in London?
Just curious, you can send it private if you like. If it's the one I'm thinking of, I could tell you a few things!!!!

Lucky Rescue
August 31st, 2004, 01:09 PM
How can I discern the good rescues from the bad ones?

I'll be happy to tell you which rescues in the Montreal area are reputable, and which are NOT.

Goldenmom
August 31st, 2004, 01:23 PM
I'll be happy to tell you which rescues in the Montreal area are reputable, and which are NOT.

Lucky, I am sure you have privy to some information, however, unless you can be 100% sure, and have personally checked the place out yourself, I don't think I would recommend too many places.

There are many places that call themselves a rescue, although all they have done is picked up every stray dog of that breed, took it home, and then try to find homes for them. These dogs are living in filth and bad conditions. The people think they are helping these dogs, whereas, they would be better off in a shelter.

I would recommend to anyone looking into a Rescue to ask for References. Ask to speak to people that have had dogs from their organization and can vouch for them and their integrity.

Also, do not meet people off their premises. You always ask to see what they are all about and see for yourself. I foster dogs for Rescue and I welcome anyone at anytime to come to my house to see how the dog is being taken care of.

JMO
Heather

roro26
August 31st, 2004, 03:17 PM
Names of reputable shelters in Montreal would be great, I found out about most of them, like rosieanimaladoption.org, the ccrt.net in Ottawa, animatch.ca, liitle angels adoption, etc. How do those sound so far? I agree that I should go check them out, see how they make me feel, and if I feel any doubt, walk away. Asking for references...I never even thought of that, great tip goldenmom! If they seem to be holding back on helping me, a red flag would go up. Id rather have someone grill me about my life, as well as being as open as possible about themselves.

Boy, I noticed that there are alot of Chi breeders around here as well, but Im so wary of them! Ive looked into how to find a responsible breeder, etc., but thats not really the route I want to go anyway, too many homeless. Are most of them backyard, or are there any that are good? Just thought Id gather more info on them :)

shut her down
August 31st, 2004, 03:43 PM
I am assuming since Petfinder got so many complaints on M****, that is why she has been taken off. But I also know she was taken off before and then put back on. Petfinder would tell her what the complaints were and I am assuming that is how she found out her information and who to apologize too....maybe she doesn't even know about this board.....at least she is off the site now FOR NOW
Thanks petfinder for doing what was right finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too bad it wasn't a long time ago when other people complained that they were getting taken for money, maybe these other people wouldn't have been taken!

Lucky Rescue
August 31st, 2004, 03:49 PM
Yes, those ones are great. There are other good ones. Outside Montreal there is the Golden Retriever rescue (www.geocities.com/goldenrescueqc/English.htm)

For a greyhound, I recommend you contact Shirley Smith (sherlesmith@yahoo.ca) I have fostered for her and she's great!!

Yes, GM, of course I am only recommending places that I personally know of and know how they work. The rescue community in Montreal is small and I"m sure there are other good ones, but I don't know them. There are a couple you should stay FAR away from - collectors where sick animals and abuse are common.

If you're looking for a cat, of course I recommend Lucky Rescue.:)

Britishvixen21
September 19th, 2004, 11:36 AM
Just to let you all know you can still find this womens details on adoptananimal.ca another search engine, although the link to the website no longer works the phone numbers are still there.

Britishvixen21
September 19th, 2004, 11:50 AM
I was curious as i always am and put in the name of her rescue into google and it came back with this pets.ca forum, unfortunatly i dont know when the date was however this post is beefing her up so much it wouldnt suprise me if it was **** / whoever she is, herself see for yourself.

Hi,there is a really awesome rescue group for Neopolitan mastiff's in ontario.
It's called: the M***** rescue they are run by a really nice lady named ****, and are located near Tweed (belleville/ quinte area)
Right now they have a baby and a young dog available on their site...

**** Rescue (Neo's) (*****)
but they may have others.... here are pictures of the 2 that they have right now:

Hope the picture links came out okay... first time I have tried doing that!

Good luck in your search for a NEO :)
Dogmagirl

Donna Marie
September 19th, 2004, 11:26 PM
You know, there is always someone lurking around that knows this person or knows of them and would let them know what was going on here. I believe if someone typed in "**** Rescue" on google, this forum would appear. Sometimes this is the only way that someone can find out about these disgusting places.

Heather

Did it, and lookie what came up!!!