Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I'm going to be a new cat mommy :)

Kay9
February 27th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Well, I done did it. :)

This life-long dog mom has adopted her first kitty cat. I didn't adopt a rescue kitty because, being my first, I wanted to be sure of the kitty's personality and compatibility with me as a new kitty mom and compatibility with Buddy the dog. I bring him home the end of March.

So, without further ado, I introduce Clancy, my new ragdoll kitty :lovestruck:

Isn't he adorable? :flirt:

Macomom
February 27th, 2010, 05:21 PM
He is soooo fluffy and cute. Oh my and what gorgeous eyes!:lovestruck:

14+kitties
February 27th, 2010, 05:30 PM
He is very cute. :cloud9:
However, just to set the record straight, that is exactly why you can adopt a rescue kitty. Sometimes cats/kittens are surrenders who have grown up with dogs so are used to being around them. Their personality is also well known as the cat has been around the person/family.
Getting a kitten is no guarantee you have one that is compatible with your family. Is the kitten being raised in a home with dogs? Is your dog used to cats? How/what are you going to do to prepare your dog? I would be a tad more concerned with the dog in this situation than I would a tiny kitten. JMHO
Wishing you lots of luck. :thumbs up

sugarcatmom
February 27th, 2010, 05:32 PM
What a sweet looking little fuzzball. So where's the sibling you're going to take home with him? :D You know you can't just have one.

ancientgirl
February 27th, 2010, 06:15 PM
What a handsome little guy! Love his name too! I agree with SCM, a playmate for him would be good, especially since he's no doubt used to having other kitties to play with.

kungfuMao
February 27th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Beautiful eyes :lovestruck:
Get a friend for the baby :) You won't regret it!!

Tundra_Queen
February 28th, 2010, 12:15 AM
He is adorable! I always wanted a ragdoll.:)

Debbie

Kay9
February 28th, 2010, 02:49 PM
He is very cute. :cloud9:
However, just to set the record straight, that is exactly why you can adopt a rescue kitty. Sometimes cats/kittens are surrenders who have grown up with dogs so are used to being around them. Their personality is also well known as the cat has been around the person/family.
Getting a kitten is no guarantee you have one that is compatible with your family. Is the kitten being raised in a home with dogs? Is your dog used to cats? How/what are you going to do to prepare your dog? I would be a tad more concerned with the dog in this situation than I would a tiny kitten. JMHO
Wishing you lots of luck. :thumbs up

I didn't want or need a lecture. I've looked into all the questions you've raised--I'm not an idiot. A simple, nonjudgemental "congratulations" would be sufficient. Or do me a favour and ignore my thread.

Kay9
February 28th, 2010, 02:50 PM
He is adorable! I always wanted a ragdoll.:)

Debbie

I did alot of research on the different breeds, and the ragdoll seemed to be a good fit for me. Not to mention how cute they are!:lovestruck:

Kay9
February 28th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Beautiful eyes :lovestruck:
Get a friend for the baby :) You won't regret it!!

I can't afford to get a friend yet. But in the future....:thumbs up