Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

dog starved to death ?

JJO
February 24th, 2010, 03:58 PM
It wouldn't have cost that much to feed her dogs...
What's wrong w/ these people ? :frustrated:

http://www.cp24.com/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20100224/100224_london/20100224/?hub=CP24Home

LONDON, Ont. A London, Ont., woman has been charged after a dog died of starvation and another was found in a home, low in weight and dehydrated.

Police say the London Humane Society found the dead dog in a back yard on Feb. 10, and found the other dog inside the home.

The second dog was seized by the society.

Tests determined the first dog starved to death.

On Tuesday, London police arrested Evalina Perri, 26, and charged her with two counts of wilfully causing unnecessary suffering to an animal.

Frenchy
February 24th, 2010, 04:27 PM
That is disgusting ! :mad:

I don't know in what kind of neighborhood she was living but ... if she had neighbors , didn't they see that this was going on ? :confused:

:wall:

Chris21711
February 24th, 2010, 04:41 PM
I hope the police charged under Provincial law and not Federal, the penalties are stiffer....she will get both wrists slapped :wall:

the gang
February 24th, 2010, 09:03 PM
they need more than there wrists slapped!!!

mummummum
February 24th, 2010, 09:34 PM
That is disgusting ! :mad:

I don't know in what kind of neighborhood she was living but ... if she had neighbors , didn't they see that this was going on ? :confused:

:wall:

Yeah...no kidding. And London is really just an overgrown small town. SOMEBODY had to know.

dustybird
February 25th, 2010, 04:37 PM
There is no excuse for what she did. If you can feed yourself you can feed your pet, even if you have to buy crappy garbage food like say no-name, it would still be much better than letting them starve. London is a big city and there are many places she could have contacted for help if in fact it was a money issue not just her being a monster.

I grew up in London and no matter where I seemed to have lived there was always the no it all nosey neighbour, who seemed to know everything that went on, so I don't see how someone could not have noticed, it doesn't take a genius to be able to look at an animal and tell it's starving. I am so sick of people not saying/doing anything because for some stupid reason they think something bad will happen to them if they get involved and when they seem to finaly speak up it's too late. It's call an anonymous tip line for a reason.