Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Just had 2 female cats fixed, their sides look funny.

nik0lla
February 23rd, 2010, 10:49 AM
Hey guys,

I've never had a female cat fixed before and I tried finding this issue/question online but can't really find anything.

I had 2 females done and it looks like their sides are sucked in between their legs and rib cage. Is this normal? Are they just freaked out and sucking it in theirselves? Or did the vet do something wrong?

They are both ~6 pounds each so not large cats.

Thanks.

-Nicole+Artemis/Cerebellum

Love4himies
February 23rd, 2010, 11:01 AM
It could be because they haven't eaten and their stomachs are empty, I have noticed that on my cats and it has taken a couple of meals to get back to normal. But if you have any concerns you should contact the vet.

nik0lla
February 23rd, 2010, 11:21 AM
Yeah they haven't eaten too too much so I'll wait a day or so and see how it goes from there. They seem content (well, away from the obvious discomfort) so I don't think it's anything urgent.

Dog Dancer
February 23rd, 2010, 11:31 AM
I would say it's okay to wait a day or two and see how they do also. But I really wanted to say Thank You for getting your girls spayed.:thumbs up

nik0lla
February 23rd, 2010, 12:13 PM
Sounds good, I'm just overly paranoid by my kitties health<3 haha. And yeah man! I did feel bad taking away their "womanhoods" though lol.

Love4himies
February 23rd, 2010, 12:19 PM
Oh, don't feel bad at all! Cats are MUCH HAPPIER altered than being in tact. :thumbs up